Which Day Pass???

beachbuddy

Yes, the Dolphin Grill is out by the pools. You can eat at table or pool/beach side. I prefer this option as well. I don't want to go inside to eat on a beautiful day. Dolphin grill has burgers, wraps and salads.

Thanks...........you've been a great help.

Patty

The message I just received from Island Marketing Ltd for BRITISH COLONIAL HILTON...

"Hello, yes if you book now at the $40.00 price they will be honored at that price. The price is going up to $50.00 in advance & $55.00 at the door May 1st."

Further Info ...

"Enjoy the comforts of Nassau’s oldest historical hotel & property. Beautifully maintained, this gem of a hotel is a tropical oasis located within walking distance of your cruise ship.

Our Nassau Day Pass provides you the opportunity to relax and enjoy the beautiful tranquil setting the British Colonial Hilton has to offer. The private white sandy beach is furnished with lounge chairs and thatched sunshades offering a peaceful and secluded access for an ocean swim or a day in the sun. The hotel's freshwater pool offers ocean views and has an expansive sundeck with lounge chairs and umbrellas. Guests can snooze in hammocks on the lawn adjacent to the pool. This is the perfect get away for those who wanting a quiet laid back atmosphere.

Our Nassau Day Pass provides you with pool and beach access with the use of towels for a day at the beach, as well as the use of Kayaks and Floats. Adults receive a voucher for $30.00 to enjoy food and drinks at the Patio Bar & Grill & children receive a $10.00 voucher towards food and drinks.

A 25% Deposit is required in order to secure your reservation. The balance is due at time of excursion in cash or traveler check or credit card.

This deposit will be fully refunded in the event of inclement weather cancellations or Ships not calling into port. Please refer to our Terms of Reservation by visiting our website at: http://www.bahamascruiseexcursions.com/Terms.htm

Edited by skywalkervadar

Does the Sheraton also have an outdoor place to eat at? That type of food and prices? I'm not a fan of buffets either and we wouldn't want to eat indoors when at a beach.

patty

I was there last week. Wraps, burgers & salads were in the $13-$15 range. Hot dog was $10. Kid's meals were $9. They automatically add gratuity.

How far from the port is the Sheraton? How much by taxi??

Patty

It is $21 each way. About 15 minutes without traffic. With traffic can take 45 minutes or so (according to our cab driver.)

I was there last week. Wraps, burgers & salads were in the $13-$15 range. Hot dog was $10. Kid's meals were $9. They automatically add gratuity.

It is $21 each way. About 15 minutes without traffic. With traffic can take 45 minutes or so (according to our cab driver.)

Hey, thanks for the information. Someone told me it was a $5 each taxi ride.

Patty

The Beach at Breezes is incredible. It's part of Cable beach, one of the best.

If it's the beach your looking for.. Breezes would be a better pic. But it's open to hawkers, hair braiders, jet ski vendors etc. So it's NOT quiet and peaceful.

THANKS, still undecided but have time...muchly APPRECIATED all the info you give us on NASSAU;)

I just booked the day pass through Sheraton for Sept 25. $99 is for a room for the day for 2, beach towels and use of their facilities (gorgeous pools and beach). No food or drinks but I think it will be worth the room to be able to lay down and relax for a few . . .

Was the Sheraton worth it? Would you go back again if given the opportunity? We booked the day pass with a room for Sept 2010 thanks

YES! We had a fabulous day at the Sheraton. There are several pools, one with a waterfall. A swim-up bar. Gorgeous beach. Outdoor grill/restaurant. We would go back in a heartbeat. We also had fun at the Wyndham pool next door. They have a waterslide and their pool is warmer than the pools at Sheraton.

We didn't get a day room, just the day pass bracelet. It was $62.50 for the 4 of us (I wasn't charged for my 3 yr old.)

I just booked the day pass through Sheraton for Sept 25. $99 is for a room for the day for 2, beach towels and use of their facilities (gorgeous pools and beach). No food or drinks but I think it will be worth the room to be able to lay down and relax for a few . . .

Suzq, how did you book the day room? We were in Nassau last month and tried to book it in advance but they wouldn't let us. Maybe because it was Spring Break? Or maybe we just got the wrong lady on the phone? We may try it again another time so I'm curious how you did it.

YES! We had a fabulous day at the Sheraton. There are several pools, one with a waterfall. A swim-up bar. Gorgeous beach. Outdoor grill/restaurant. We would go back in a heartbeat. We also had fun at the Wyndham pool next door. They have a waterslide and their pool is warmer than the pools at Sheraton.

We didn't get a day room, just the day pass bracelet. It was $62.50 for the 4 of us (I wasn't charged for my 3 yr old.)

I thought it was $25/person. Are kids half price?

I've read all of the posts on this thread and I am so confused! We are going on a cruise next January. This will be our first time to Nassau but we have a 2 year old that will be with us. I see pros and cons to a lot of the day passes but I honestly don't know which is better or worse. Do you guys have any suggestions? Is Atlantis something we CANNOT miss? I guess we don't mind paying for it if it's worth it but I don't think my 2 year old will appreciate it as much yet.

We'd like to have some drinks - (but not at $10 each.) We aren't picky and will be happy having a beer if the alcohol is really expensive. We can't drink too much having a 2 year old anyway. Ideally, we can go somewhere where we can relax and people will bring us drinks.

• Since it's going to be January, should I look for a heated pool?
  • Do any of these places have umbrellas?
  • Should I have safety concerns in any of these areas with my son?
  • If we got the day room to the Sheraton, is it a lot cheaper to eat at the Wyndham?

Here's what I've put together so far.

• Paradise Island - $40 all inclusive - Includes meal, drinks everying. But, I haven't heard anything GOOD about this place. (Run down, dirty, nasty beach, etc.)

· British Colonial Hilton – $40 -

Pros: within walking distance to port, senor frogs, straw market – lunch is included. Includes beach chairs, use of nonmotorized water toys, towels and a $30 credit for food and beverages. Food is supposedly good. Can reserve through company that gives refunds if bad weather

Cons: can be a dirty beach, ships dock right near hotel – don’t really want to go swimming at the ocean there. They have a big divider to catch crud.

· $99 for a day room at the Sheraton Cable Beach with all resort access

Pros: You get a hotel room for the day, nice clean beach, free snorkeling, free access to Wyndham as well.

Cons: Cab ride is $20 each way, food & drinks are really expensive

· The Wyndham is $40 per person and includes a free lunch buffet and access to the Sheraton. $30 credit to be used any way you want.

Pros: Food & some drinks included, access to Sheraton for free

Cons: Drinks are expensive, cab ride is $20 each way

· Hotel RIU is right next to Atlantis – they offer 8 hour day passes The deal is $85 all inclusive, food, drinks, pool, beach etc are available.

Pros: They have showers for day pass guests to use,

Cons: Limited chairs on the beach. No beach bar. Not so good beach.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks! Natalie

I've read all of the posts on this thread and I am so confused! We are going on a cruise next January. This will be our first time to Nassau but we have a 2 year old that will be with us. I see pros and cons to a lot of the day passes but I honestly don't know which is better or worse. Do you guys have any suggestions? Is Atlantis something we CANNOT miss? I guess we don't mind paying for it if it's worth it but I don't think my 2 year old will appreciate it as much yet.

January is not ideal swimming weather, especially with a 2 year old. I wouldn' t spend this kind of money at Atlantis and not be able to use the property.

We'd like to have some drinks - (but not at $10 each.) We aren't picky and will be happy having a beer if the alcohol is really expensive. We can't drink too much having a 2 year old anyway. Ideally, we can go somewhere where we can relax and people will bring us drinks.

Most drinks run around $7- 10. Beer is expensive as well.

• Since it's going to be January, should I look for a heated pool?

Sheraton has a heated pool, Atlantis has a couple as well, but atlantis doesn't always turn them on.

• Do any of these places have umbrellas?

Most Hotels have either palapas or umbrellas.

Atlantis has some chairs that have covers

• Should I have safety concerns in any of these areas with my son?

Not at any of the hotels. They are very secure.

• If we got the day room to the Sheraton, is it a lot cheaper to eat at the Wyndham?

Prices are pretty much the same at both these properties.

Here's what I've put together so far.

• Paradise Island - $40 all inclusive - Includes meal, drinks everying. But, I haven't heard anything GOOD about this place. (Run down, dirty, nasty beach, etc.)

This place is $50 last I heard. and yes, it's the pits.

· British Colonial Hilton – $40 -

Pros: within walking distance to port, senor frogs, straw market – lunch is included. Includes beach chairs, use of nonmotorized water toys, towels and a $30 credit for food and beverages. Food is supposedly good. Can reserve through company that gives refunds if bad weather

Price is going up to $55/60 as of may 1st, may go back down off season, we don't really know what next year will bring

Cons: can be a dirty beach, (not true, the beach is pristine, so is the water) ships dock right near hotel – don’t really want to go swimming at the ocean there. (I swim here all the time, never had a probelm with dirty water. it's my favorite beach)

They have a big divider to catch crud. (Don't know where you heard this. the "fence" is at the Paradise island harbour resort, not at the British Colonial

· $99 for a day room at the Sheraton Cable Beach with all resort access

Pros: You get a hotel room for the day, nice clean beach, free snorkeling, free access to Wyndham as well. Correct

Cons: Cab ride is $20 each way, food & drinks are really expensive Food is no more expensive than any other hotel and alot cheaper than Atlantis

· The Wyndham is $40 per person and includes a free lunch buffet and access to the Sheraton. $30 credit to be used any way you want. Wydhams is $40 per person and includes free lunch buffet, no alcohol, there is NO $30 credit. The buffet is your only option.

Pros: Food & some drinks included, access to Sheraton for free

Cons: Drinks are expensive, (again, no more expensive than anywhere else, and less than Atlantis or Senor Frogs) cab ride is $20 each way - You can take the jitney for $1.25 pp.

· Hotel RIU is right next to Atlantis – they offer 8 hour day passes The deal is $85 all inclusive, food, drinks, pool, beach etc are available. (the price is $100 pp these days)

Pros: They have showers for day pass guests to use,

Cons: Limited chairs on the beach. No beach bar. Not so good beach. Beach is the same beach as Atlantis

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks! Natalie

See above

Edited by scubagirrl

I'm so glad you cleared some of that up for me! So, right now the Sheraton and the Hilton are sounding good. I guess since my son LOVES to swim or splash around, we'll need the heated pool. I'm really glad to hear that the food & drinks at the Sheraton aren't any more expensive than anywhere else. Everything I was reading were people saying how they felt they were ripped off with the food and drink prices. But, if it's comparable to everywhere else, I'm ok with that. That day room may come in handy too if we need to go up and let him have breaks (or a nap).

I'm glad to hear that the beach at the Hilton is good too. We're honestly not THAT picky as long as our needs are met. It's really hard to discern some of the reviews online from what's actually true and what is someone being really picky.

Thanks a lot scubagirl! That helped a lot!

How long does it take to get to the Sheridan? Can we go by jitney? bus? How long?

Thanks for any information.

Depends on traffic. For the most part, the trip takes about 15 - 20 minutes. The #10 jitneys runs this route every few minutes at the cost of $1.25 per person.

You can catch the jitney downtown on GeorgeStreet.. just across from the Bay Street entrance to the Straw Market. It's really quite easy.

Just tell the driver where you want to get off and pay as you leave (exact $$ only). Then reverse when you want to come home. Jitney's run from 6am - 6:30 pm daily.

Depends on traffic. For the most part, the trip takes about 15 - 20 minutes. The #10 jitneys runs this route every few minutes at the cost of $1.25 per person.

You can catch the jitney downtown on GeorgeStreet.. just across from the Bay Street entrance to the Straw Market. It's really quite easy.

Just tell the driver where you want to get off and pay as you leave (exact $$ only). Then reverse when you want to come home. Jitney's run from 6am - 6:30 pm daily.

Thank you so much!

Do they use US money??

Just booked a day room at Sheraton for 4 people for a total of $119.00. $99 for 2 and $10 each additional up to 4 people total per room. We have 6 in our group and they said there would be no problem purchasing an additional 2 day passes for $25.00 each when we arrived.

big Al

After reading through these posts I think we have been sold on booking on our own not through the ship and leaning strongly toward BCH (Thanks Scuba Girl, your feedback has been priceless). I did read in one of the posts that it was within walking distance. Would you recommend this? Or what other options for transportation should we explore? Thanks a bunch.