on board treats

cruise crew member

Worth is dependent on want. We love our coffee so the card is worth it. Balcony breakfast does not interest us and we are not big soda drinkers. Other extras we prefer are chef's table and ultimate balcony dinner.

I personally don't drink enough soda to make the soda care worth while for me, and my DH doesn't drink soda at all.

The coffee card is nice if you are out and about and would like a specialty coffee (or even brewed coffee). And if you booked through a promotion where you received the discount coupon book with the 2 for the price of 1 coffee card, it can be quite reasonable.

Breakfast or dinner on the balcony is a nice treat, especially if you are celebrating something or just want to treat yourself to something special.

But with all the above, you can take them or leave them depending on your likes and dislikes (and budget). ;) Enjoy!

DH won't spend the extra money, and my upcoming cruise is with our DD. Not into

the romantic balcony scene with her, but we are going to do Crown Grill and Sabatini's.

Have done the specialty restaurants on various cruises when cruising with friends, and

enjoyed them even though we've paid for dinner in the MDR.

Coffee and soda I don't need, so have never paid for them.

Will pay for the better wine tasting....get the lower priced one free, anyway. The

more expensive one is more fun and includes better wines.

I periodically put money into OBCs, so whatever I spend is free!!!!!!!!

Mimi

We bought the coffee card. If your ship has an International Cafe, it is worth every penny. :) Plus if you have any punches left, don't throw it away as it does not expire.:)

We did breakfast almost everyday in the IC. Good stuff.

DH gets the soda card. He does drink a couple or three everyday.:)

Depends on what you enjoy. DH drinks a lot of soda and no alcohol so the soda card saves money and always purchases one. No reason to purchase the soda card for me as I don't drink enough soda to make it worthwhile. I don't drink specialty coffees and am fine drinking the free coffee (actually tasted good on our last Ruby cruise) so no need to purchase the coffee card for me.

I bring a couple bottles of my favorite wine on board to enjoy a glass on our balcony before dinner. DH doesn't drink so no need to purchase a bottle at dinner. If we both enjoyed wine with our dinner we would purchase a bottle(s).

We've looked at purchasing the breakfast on our balcony but so far haven't done it. Might just have to try that on our next cruise.:)

We'd never gone to a specialty restaurant so on our last cruise we decided to try it. While we had no complaints neither did we feel the service or the food was any better than what we recieved in the MDR. Glad we tried it, but won't likely be trying it again, at least for a while.

We find it fun to do something we've not done before on every cruise. Sometimes we decide its something we wish to do again and other times once is enough. For us that's part of the fun of cruising.

It all depends on what is to your liking. DH always gets a soda card, I am fine with ice tea at the buffet and dinner. I bring on a 12 pack and have a soda while reading in the room or watching something on TV while falling asleep. If I really want a soda around the pool or out somewhere I buy one. The soda card is worth it to him, not for me. I buy a coffee card though and he could care less. I like a frozen coffee drink during the day and he has his soda.

We usually eat at Sabatini's but don't have to visit the Crown Grill. We bring a few bottles of wine on board and have a drink while dressing for dinner and will sometimes buy a bottle at dinner, most times don't.

We have recieved the UBB as a gift and that is the most shocking surprise for both of us. I would of never ordered it ourselves but we really enjoyed it. We hope to have it again on a cruise with lots of sea days. I would not order for a port day, it really is nice to enjoy it as your leisure.

It's up to each individual what they feel they need.

I had to laugh. AARP magazine had an article by Stephen Greensberg on cruising and you hit every one of the things he said not to buy to keep your cruise deal "sweet". Prices have been down for passage but the cruise company has come up with many ways to get your savings back//

For us on a hot weather cruise we like the soda card. Do not do the specialty restaurants as they are more expensive than our normal restaurant routine and MDR dinners are better than my cooking so why waste one. We don't drink alcohol and rarely want to eat outside preferring air conditioning above romance I guess:p. As a retired couple we get LOTS of lovely dinners for 2 so we want to mix and mingle on a cruise.

Different strokes for different folks. Bet if you asked this question to 10 couples you would get 20 different variations.

Archived