Halloween Cruise

taxmantoo

Just realized that our cruise aboard the Zuiderdam in October will include Halloween night. Have never been onboard before for Halloween.

Does HAL do anything different on that night in the way of celebrations or dinners? Do people bring costumes? What should we expect?

I've been aboard for Halloween twice. Neither time was there anything special. The first time, we crossed the International Date Line, so the day didn't even exist! :eek: The second time was an embarkation day. The only thing reminiscent of Halloween was finding a chocolate on my pillow.

I was onboard the Amsterdam this past Halloween. The ship went all out....the whole ship was decorated. The dining room staff were all dressed up. There was a costume party and contest in the evening. LOTS of people had costumes and lots didn't. They handed out candy and crew was costumed throughout the evening. There was a pumpkin carving contest by crew members. A very fun evening.

We were on the Zuiderdam just last year for Halloween.

There were several pumpkins carved by various crew members that the passengers could vote on -- the winner got some kind of a prize -- I have no idea what.

There was no special dinner.

There were some decorations around the ship.

Around 8:30 or so there was a bar hop -- people and a couple of crew members were dressed in costumes.

At 9 there was the Lido Pool Party.

At 10:30 in the Crow's Nest was the Halloween Party -- prizes were given out -- a lot showed up in costumes.

Celebrated Halloween on both the Maasdam and Westerdam. Each ship had decorations everywhere. Also, folks did dress up especially for the party in the Crow's Nest. There are photos in my gallery of the parties.

Cheers, Denise

Thanks for the replies.

Not trying to start a new thread or discussion here but I'm now thinking "WOW ! Halloween and formal nights on HAl ships are very similar... some people dress up and others don't :D"

Archived