LAFFNVEGAS LIVE From the NCL Pearl Heading North Up The West Coast

LAFFNVEGAS

Greetings and Good Morning Fellow CCers, many of you here on the NCL Board do not know me but let me introduce myself. If you ever go to the HAL board you may know me. I have done numerous LIVE from threads. I get very detailed and often quite humorous :D I basically tell it like it is and do a lot of laughing at myself.

This past year Tom's and my cruise journeys have taken us on a B2B E. Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, and a Full Transit Panama Canal.Most of these have been on Holland America. But our last cruise in January was on the Crown Princess and while it was a fun cruise with friends we found a few areas to be lacking. This will technically be our 2nd NCL cruise we did a 2 Night Cruise to No Where on the Star in November last year and had a blast. I wrote a detailed report when we came home and to be truthful I fully expected to hate NCL. We went on figuring how bad can it be for 2 nights/ We had a blast probably the most fun we had in a long time and all the myths I had read about terrible food we found to be false. We actually felt the service on the 2 nights on the Star were far superior to the Crown Princess and more to what we like on HAL. Which is why we chose to do the 7 Night Pacific Coastal of the NCL Pearl taking her from LA to Vancouver.

A little about us Tom and I (Lisa) we are both in our mid 50's. We started cruising in 2002 our first cruise was RCI Monarch, after that we found HAL and have sailed on all of the HAL ships but three. In 2008 I lost my long time job as a Finance Director at a car dealership and was unemployed for 8 months in that time we took advantage of my time off and did several longer cruises. Upon returning home from our last 7 day cruise to Alaska in June I decided I better find a job and was very fortunate to go to work in the Travel Industry which has been my passion for years.

Let the Cruise vacation begin :D

I thought I would start this thread while waiting for our 7:25 Southwest flight to LAX, we are sitting at terminal C at McCarren Airport sipping on Starbucks newest flavor Dark Cherry Mocha (note it's not too bad ;))

The ride to the airport was uneventful and our son who lives at home and takes care of the Zoo while we are traveling took us to the airport. There was a time the rides were "Mr Toad's Wild Ride", I guess now that he is over 30 he has calmed that down a lot.

This cruise we are traveling with friends, if you followed my last LIVE from thread you know we were traveling with CC members fcorey aka Frank and Michelle from New Hampshire. With a little arm twisting I talked them into joining us again. They arrived last night in LAX after their cross country flight yesterday. Our other friends that are joining us are also CC members Brad and Nick from Seattle.

With the 6 of us there will sure to be some laughes and interesting happenings :)

Our last little adventure on the Star we had a Mini Suite and I actually liked the lay out especially the bathroom. For this cruise we decided to upgrade ourselves and we have what NCL calls a "Romance Suite" I think Tom may be hoping there is a little romance this week :D Now our friend Brad calls it the Devil Suite because we have cabin 10666. We shall see...... But we are looking forward to a week of the Suite Life. With our 161 days sailing with Holland America approx. 42 days of those were in a regular balcony cabin the rest were in FULL S Suites on HAL so in my reporting I will be doing a LOT of comparing HAL Suites to NCL.

I look forward to telling you lots of details of the check in process and what my experiences are. I will apologize now if I do not answer questions you may have but hopefully others reading can jump in and answer otherwise I will answer most when I get home. Unfortunately Internet minutes are not cheap but you will find I will post daily (in the evening) Also please excuse my spelling errors we will just blame that on my finger nails lol.

Since it is about time to do the Cattle Call Line Up I better close.

Signing off from MC Carren Intl Airport.

Have a great cruise Lisa, I will catch up with your report when I get back. We loved the seven day we took last year on the Princess Sapphire doing the repo from LA to Vancouver. Was nice slowly cruising up the coast. Very port intensive. Wish Hal would start doing seven days.

I'm very interested in what you think about NCL.

Morning Lisa....

You're gonna love the Pearl! please take good care of her as you are bringing her to YVR for me to board...;)

We did the southbound repo on her last Sept. and loved every minute of it. Hope your weather is good and seas are fine. Enjoy your trip.

Tutu (from LAS as well:cool:)

Hi, Lisa. I hope you have a great cruise and enjoy your aft suite!:)

We would love to find out who the Captain is along with Cruise Director, Concierge, and Hotel Director. We'll be on the May 30th Pearl to Alaska.

Hi, Lisa. I hope you have a great cruise and enjoy your aft suite!:)

We would love to find out who the Captain is along with Cruise Director, Concierge, and Hotel Director. We'll be on the May 30th Pearl to Alaska.

Ryan Rabe is Concierge and Denis Prguda is HD (at least he was yesterday :))

Hi Lisa,

Hope you have a wonderful cruise. I look forward to reading your post. My husband tells people he was spoiled and pampered on HAL, had more fun on NCL and RCCl just doesn't come up to par with either. If you ever get a chance you should try NCL Jewel. Great ship, great staff, great crew.

Yes, we were spoiled and pampered on NCL.:D

Lisa and Tom &

Frank and Michelle...

BonVoyage.jpg

Have a fabulous time on your cruise!

Wish I was with you guys!

I will be following along online! xoxo...

my sentiments exactly.:Dhave a great time from the not so computer literate Yummer:rolleyes:

Subscribed! Looks like this will be a great story to read.

Enjoy!

You are correct. Having read her tales before, be ready to be entertained!

Have a great cruise.....you will love the "suite life".

Archived