Celebrities On A Cruise

sealady1

Good Morning Everyone,

Have you ever met any famous celebrities while on a cruise? If so, who were they and were you able to talk to them? I am looking forward to reading any stories that you would like to share.

Have a nice day :),

Debbie

On the Eurodam in December my wife met and was able to talk quite a bit with Doris Roberts (Raymond's mother) and several years ago Lou Ferrigno (Incredible Hulk) and family was on our cruise.

The only time I've met celebrities on a cruise is when they are speaking. Crystal does it all the time. Just cruised with the golfer Billie Casper. My husband got to play with him, and outdrove him on the first hole. He's still strutting around like a peacock. (Of course Casper is 78!)

The only celebrity that I know of was Craig Stadler the PGA golfer. We said hello but we all respected his privacy. This was in the late 80's and he needed a break off the circuit. Maybe more have been on board the 10 cruises we have done but totally unware of whome they may have been. Colakid.

A long time ago I ran into Shirley Jones in the restroom on the old Rotterdam. She looked fabulous, and was primping to improve! I asked her to please stop, as she was already putting the rest of us to shame. :o

I also asked her if she was on vacation, or going to entertain. She did entertain, and was great. She worked out daily in the gym, too. No hiding in her stateroom for her.

A few years ago we sailed with Jerry Lewis and his family. He was very nice and friendly. We did get a chance to talk for a short time.

Wow!! These stories are great. Thank you everyone and, please, keep them coming.

I, too, had an encounter with Jerry Lewis. It was at a night club in Framingham, MA back in 1971. Mr. Lewis was doing a show there and I was invited to see the show with my friend and her parents. At one point in the show, Mr. Lewis asked for an audience member to come up on the stage and sing a song with him. That person was me. We sang "Shine On Harvest Moon". If you could call it singing. He kept doing so many silly things and he was singing in that crazy voice that he always did and all I could do was laugh. It was one of the best times of my life and I will never forget that experience.

Not on HAL .. but on Crystal, we encountered Sidney Poitier and his helper .. he was very old looking .. kinda made me sad. On a couple of other cruises, some celebs were on, but I never saw them .. naturally, this excludes the speakers they have .. and there have been some celebs in that bunch too like Steve Forbes ...

harry

and just missed Dick Clark and Vic Tayback(old ALICE TV show) Herb Jeffries (million hit record..."Flamingo") the area I grew up, Clearwater, Fl, is full of celebs.."Hulk is my sis' neighbor, Travolta, P. Presley, Melanie(60's singer)Burt Reynolds, Kirstie Ali, others come to mia famiglias Italian Deli. Lots of pics on th wall. just plain folk

2002 Legend of the Seas Alaska, John Davidson and his family were on board. He gave a concert and a Q&A session. He sang to our friends wife and ate lunch everyday at the buffet.

He was very open and we teased my wife about going over and having lunch with him one day, however his family showed up JIT.

Excellent cruisoe

I have been on a cruise (Princess) when John Travolta was on board. Didn't come out of his suite much but was in the show lounge one night surrounded by cruise directors staff. When he got off after week 1, we stayed on board and Kevin Bacon got on.

On Celebrity Zenith a few years ago. Gordon Liddy was on the next table.

Paul Williams and Ernest Borgnine on a Regent Seven Seas cruise. Both were very nice gentlemen, very friendly and gracious.

Dennis

Jacksonville, fl

387 days at sea

33 cruises

11 cruise lines

T/P, T/A, Hawaii, Central & South America, New Zealand & South Pacific

Booked

21 day TA HAL Prinsondam May 2010

12 day TA Norwegian Sun Oct 2010

Years ago (1975), aboard Stimar's Fairwind, our cabin was sandwiched between Red Buttons on one side & Henny Youngman on the other. They performed in the evenings. DH talked to Red Buttons one day. Hubby reported Mr. Buttons was the nicest person you'd ever want to meet. Very personable and pleasant.

We never saw Mr. Youngman around the deck.

Good Morning Everyone,

Have you ever met any famous celebrities while on a cruise? If so, who were they and were you able to talk to them? I am looking forward to reading any stories that you would like to share.

Have a nice day :),

Debbie

Not on the ship itself, but I did have the pleasure of meeting Morgan Freeman and touring the Vatican and St Peters with him! Very funny, pleasant man.

Archived