Heathrow to near Tower Bridge advice

Will be a party of 2 with luggage for a 12 day cruise. We have purchased London Passes with travel and thus COULD activate them at the airport and take the tube that accepts them. We're coming in Terminal 3. There is a tube stop near the flat we've rented, so it would seem theoretically possible to get there with the passes we've purchased...

My question is would you? We'll have 4 suitcases and several carry-ons. I assume we'd have to navigate stairs, change trains, etc...

If I decide to purchase something else, what is the best price/performance? Soemthing short of the cost of a cab for sure...

You could try pricing these private car service. http://www.justairports.com, http://www.simplyairports.co.uk or http://www.london-transfers.com. It might be easier to use a car service with pick up at Heathrow than trying to use the tube with your suitcases to get to your hotel.

We are using for the second time Justairports, Heathrow to Victoria area for 34GBP.

The tube question is salient. The nearest is Tower Hill and that requies two flights of stairs to be climbed; by London standards this is relatively easy but laden with luggage it could be very tough. From Heathrow to Tower Bridge take the Piccadilly Line to Hammersmith and then cross the platform [no stairs] and take a district line train towards Upminster and alight at Tower Bridge. It is best to aim to be on carriage three to be close to the Tower Hill exit.

An alternative is to go to London Bridge tube station and then to get a RV1 bus from the Tooley Street exit. This bus goes to Tower Gateway and both crosses Tower Bridge and is close to it. You can get to London Bridge tube station and leave it without having to negotiate any stairs but remember to head to the Tooley Street exit [there are very many of them]. Here's your method:

Take the Picaddilly line train from Heathrow to Hammersmith, cross platrorm and take a district line train towards Upminster. Leave the district line train at Westminster and from there take a Jubilee line train towards Stratford and get off at London Bridge. You will see on the tube map it is possible to go from the Piccadilly line to the Jubilee line at Green Park, this is a bad idea with luggage as you will encounter some stairs and a long walk!

Well I just booked through Viator for $57 total for 2 people.

That is a good price Dave. As I said in the other thread, we were in exactly the same position as you and we were going to the same area. We stayed at the Hilton Tower Bridge, and we used Simply Airports to supply the transportation. It did cost about 25 pounds,and that is cheaper than what you are paying, so you might, at least, want to look into their services. They were right on time, supplied the necessary sized vehicle and were very courteous. We also used them for our return to Heathrow when our trip was over. Just very good, reliable service.

Cheers

Len

Len,

We are staying at the Hilton Tower Bridge next month. How did you like it?

Thanks, Jackie

It was very nice. We were only there for one night and we redeemed some sort of points for it, so I really do not know the exact price. We wanted that location and we were very satisfied with it. We planned on going to the Tower of London first thing in the AM, do Tower Bridge and them walk along the Thames to Parliment and take the river crusie back. It all worked out perfectly.

Again, we really only used it as a place to sleep, as we were out most of our time there, but again, it was very nice.

Cheers

Len

Archived