Parking in Southampton

Owrambar

Perhaps you could park at the airport (pre book) and take a taxi.

Otherwise, you can park at the Ocean Terminal, but you have to

hand over the keys and someone else parks the car.

Another option, would be to stay at an hotel and perhaps they

would provide a transfer.

Hope this helps.

Think I've read before that there's a Hilton Hotel just at the end of the M3 as you come into Southampton, that does a stay/transfer package, which allows you to leave the car there for the duration of your cruise.

Other than that, there's always the portside carparking. Works well when you disembark, as you get your car quicker.

Well, that is unless you have to disembark in another part of Southampton like they did a few times last year!

Scrozuk

Hi there, we have just been sorting this out for our cruise in July. We are used to fly-cruises where we stay at a Heathrow hotel the night before and leave the car for the length of the cruise all for about £75....We were getting quotes from Southampton hotels for crazy amounts...up to £185! We have now booked Holiday Inn Express M27 for £93 which includes parking and breakfast. We booked directly with Holiday Inn on-line.

Hope this helps

Happy sailing:)

Sue

Hi there' date=' we have just been sorting this out for our cruise in July. We are used to fly-cruises where we stay at a Heathrow hotel the night before and leave the car for the length of the cruise all for about £75....We were getting quotes from Southampton hotels for crazy amounts...up to £185! We have now booked Holiday Inn Express M27 for £93 which includes parking and breakfast. We booked directly with Holiday Inn on-line.

Hope this helps

Happy sailing:)

Sue[/size']

I can't see a cruise package option for that hotel, only for the Holiday Inn by the dock. Do you have a link or anything?

I can't see a cruise package option for that hotel, only for the Holiday Inn by the dock. Do you have a link or anything?

Hi there, try this:

http://parkstayandgo.ichotelsgroup.com/

After you have filled in all your details it will give you a choice of about 4 hotels, we are cheapskates so opted for the cheapest, we did check it out on Tripadvisor and it seemed ok:)

Sue

Another option is to stay at the Premium Inn or Travel Lodge, or Hilton in Basingstoke, junction 6 M3 and park at docks next morning 30 minute drive to Docks at parking was £70 for 11 days.

That way your car is in the car park right by the terminal when you return.

Prices depend on what time of year you cruise.

We always park at the port:

http://www.abparking.co.uk/

It's not too expensive and very convenient. Your car is there when you get off the ship. You need to book in advance by date of your cruise, and they will e-mail you a permit to put in the window of your car.

This is not the parking company for p&o

''ABP Port of Southampton Cruise Car Parking is the only cruise car parking provider for Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises, NCL and Fred. Olsen which guarantees ....''

This is not the parking company for p&o

''ABP Port of Southampton Cruise Car Parking is the only cruise car parking provider for Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises, NCL and Fred. Olsen which guarantees ....''

Sorry, my bad. I'll skulk back over to the Royal Caribbean forum...:o

After totting up parking for a week, plus petrol, bridge toll etc. it was something like£80 or so for a week.

Train from Cardiff to Southampton - £20 each, plus a 5 minute taxi ride... no contest for us. Sit and relax and errr watch ever station we stop in lol

I always park at the docks with CPS, they have a secure compund where your car is left for the duration of your cruise, never had a problem, their link to book online is on the P&O site....

HERE IS THE LINK:

http://www.candps.com/site/services/parking.htm

We stay over the night before in Southampton prior to our cruise, park the car in the Hotel Car Park and drive the Short distance to the terminal next morning, and use candps, as recommended by P&O. I have to agree with Sue, this for me is the only way to park. You pull up outside the terminal, they take your cases out of the car for you, you hand over the keys, they then drive car away to a secure compound.

Then when you arrive back, a short walk to the car park, collect your keys, car and drive away. Simples.

Your car is securely looked after, and a small amount to pay, in relation to your cruise for security and peace of mind.;)

The Dolphin Hotel on High Street is offering park and stay packages.

It was always a characterful hotel, if somewhat cheap and cheerful, but it's recently been taken over by the Mercure brand who have spent several million in turning it into a 4 star.

Cheap deals available via Travelzoo for May and June.

Hi,

We are booked to sail on the 8th of Aug this year.

Any ideas as to parking in Southampton or overnighting local would be a help.

regards

owrambar

We always use the Holiday Inn at Eastleigh. They do a Cruse and Stay. I have just booked for the night before and car parking for two cruises; 12 nights and 16 nights and paid £282 for both . Car park is covered by CCTV and we have never had a problem.

They are always flexible on the check out time if our embarkation time isn't until 2pm, and provide a taxi to the ship. The hotel is also just off the motorway on the route north so we are on the way home as soon as we are in the taxi from the ship. One one voyage we were in our car on the motorway travelling home at 7.20am having left the ship at 7am.

If you are pushing the boat out try the Montagu Arms Hotel in the New Forest. Stay there the night before with dinner (yes it has a Michelin star and the food is exceptional but the place is not cheap) and they will drive you to the docks the next day for embarkation. On return they will pick you up and take you back to the hotel to pick up your car.

We did this and it is like starting your holiday a day early.

http://www.montaguarmshotel.co.uk/category.asp?p=Cruise+Packages

for details. Yes it is not cheap but take off the tenner a night P&O will charge you for car parking and suddenly its not such a bad deal. And dont miss the hot lemon souffle pudding - to die for!!

If you are pushing the boat out try the Montagu Arms Hotel in the New Forest.

Or if you're not pushing the boat out there's the Premier Inn at Winchester which is just of the M3, around 20 miles from Southampton. A room sleeping four people cost me just £29 for the night.

Not good if you're purplephobic though.

hi the de vere grand harbour hotel offer the option of parking your car then they transfer you to the terminal as well. otherwise lot of the cruise companies use CandPS who are really close to the terminals so will be useful when you embark and disembark.

We stay in the De Vere the night prior to sailing but i wouldn't dream of leaving my car there for more than 1 night as it's wide open to the public unless they have another for long stay. We use CPS.

We found that the Holiday Inn Herbert Walker avenue is right next to Mayflower Park, City terminal and Dock gate 8 on the waterfront very comfortable spacious rooms and they do a Cruise package......we stayed overnight b and b with 22 nights parking and free taxi to whichever terminal you want, for much less than P and O wanted for just the parking it was £5.00 taxi to the hotel car park at the end of the cruise and there were no problems at all !! :)

Express by Holiday Inn also do a Stay and Park package for a bit less but no free taxi and it is a bit further away not overlooking the waterfront.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

We are booked to sail on the 8th of Aug this year.

Any ideas as to parking in Southampton or overnighting local would be a help.

regards

owrambar

We sailed from southampton on Independence of the seas last Summer adn used an off port car park which was about 10 minutes away. It saved us loads of money and listening to complaints fo people queuing to get into the port car park, saved us loads of tiem as well. They delivered us by minibus superbly. I found them on a google search but can't remember the name of the company- I have to find out as we sail on Azura in July!!! Hope that helps:o

• 10 months later...

we booked mercure dolphin they have a special on 95pounds inc parking one night, breakfast and transfers... they tell me they have a secure car park which is locked up at night... hope this helps. From what i have seen this price is cheaper than any parking only options..

we booked mercure dolphin they have a special on 95pounds inc parking one night, breakfast and transfers... they tell me they have a secure car park which is locked up at night... hope this helps. From what i have seen this price is cheaper than any parking only options..

Hi, booked this deal also. Thought it was a fantastic price

Trish.

Archived