Borghese Gallery Reservation

Springchicken

Here's a tip for making a reservation to visit the Borghese Gallery in Rome. I received the below e-mail from the ticketing website and was able to call for FREE, talk with an English-speaking lady and make a reservation for the tour with a confirmation number. We want to use our Roma Pass and I didn't want to make the reservation on-line because you have to pay for it on-line.

Purchasing Roma pass you can enter in two museums for free. When you visit the third museum you get a discount on the price of the ticket.

For further information about Roma Pass please visit the website www.romapass.it

The reservation for Borghese Gallery is mandatory with or without the Roma Pass.

You can reserve calling us at +39 06 32810 (the reservations service is opened from monday to friday 9 am - 6pm, saturday 9 am - 1 pm).

We have a possibility to make a free call http://www.ticketeria.it/ticketeria/borghese-eng.asp#

Regards,

Ticketeria srl

Tel 0632810

Fax 0632651329

Hi Springchichen, this is a very helpful information...we will test it. Tks.

Here's a tip for making a reservation to visit the Borghese Gallery in Rome. I received the below e-mail from the ticketing website and was able to call for FREE, talk with an English-speaking lady and make a reservation for the tour with a confirmation number. We want to use our Roma Pass and I didn't want to make the reservation on-line because you have to pay for it on-line.

Purchasing Roma pass you can enter in two museums for free. When you visit the third museum you get a discount on the price of the ticket.

For further information about Roma Pass please visit the website www.romapass.it

The reservation for Borghese Gallery is mandatory with or without the Roma Pass.

You can reserve calling us at +39 06 32810 (the reservations service is opened from monday to friday 9 am - 6pm, saturday 9 am - 1 pm).

We have a possibility to make a free call http://www.ticketeria.it/ticketeria/borghese-eng.asp#

Regards,

Ticketeria srl

Tel 0632810

Fax 0632651329

Thank you for the info about the museum reservations. Is it possible to tour the gardens free of charge? Is it too big to just walk around or can you rent bikes?

Regards,

Ticketeria srl

Tel 0632810

Fax 0632651329

Two questions if I may. First did you already have your ROMA pass or do you just have to show up with it when you pick-up and pay for your tickets?

Thanks for posting the info. We are getting the pass but had not figured out how to do the reservation and still get a discount.

Second question: The ROMA pass says it is good for three days. Is that three days from date of purchase or date of activation? I think it is the later but want to be sure.

Kirk

If you have the Roma pass the first 2 sites are free...make it the Colloseum and the Borghese. You can bypass the line up at the Colsoseum if you are using the Roma pass. These are the most expensive venues as well. We made a reservation by phone, then showed up with our Roma Pass. Oddly enought, I cannot recall them charging me for the reservation. Try catching the "electrico bus" (free w/ your Roma pass) that travels through all the sidestreets in historic Rome. It will take you to the Borghese gallery. If you have been walking in the day this will serve as a nice alternative. Not certain about activation, we bought it on the morning of the first of three days that we used it for so I cannot help you. We picked it up at the tourist office at Termini station. There is really no need to purchase it in advance.

Is it possible to tour the gardens free of charge??

Yes.

Is it too big to just walk around or can you rent bikes?

The Borghese Gardens are very large, but we walked around most of the area. You can rent bikes or trikes if you prefer.

Two questions if I may. First did you already have your ROMA pass or do you just have to show up with it when you pick-up and pay for your tickets?

The latter.

Second question: The ROMA pass says it is good for three days. Is that three days from date of purchase or date of activation? I think it is the later but want to be sure.

It is from date of activation. In addition, the metro portion of our Roma pass had a separate activation time from the museum portion. Each portion was three days, but they didn't have to run exactly the same. For example, we were able to walk to our first museum from our hotel, so our museum countdown started when we entered the first museum. We didn't activate the metro part for another day, so we had a day of metro privileges after our museum discounts ran out.

Thanks Coral Reef, that was just the info I was looking for. We are actually in Rome twice during our cruise and we will be right at a TI during our visit to the Castel Sant Angelo but don't need the pass until we return a week later. Thought I might go ahead and pick it up so I won't have to upon our return.

Also thanks to you Springchicken for the information on the Borghese Gallery. I knew we had to make reservation in advance but did not know how to do so and get the discount for the Roma Pass.

Kirk

Thanks Coral Reef, that was just the info I was looking for. We are actually in Rome twice during our cruise and we will be right at a TI during our visit to the Castel Sant Angelo but don't need the pass until we return a week later. Thought I might go ahead and pick it up so I won't have to upon our return.

Also thanks to you Springchicken for the information on the Borghese Gallery. I knew we had to make reservation in advance but did not know how to do so and get the discount for the Roma Pass.

Kirk

Kirk, you are welcome! I hope you were able to get through and secure a reservation number easily. It was quite easy for me. We used the Roma Pass last Oct. but I didn't have time to go to Borghese. We used it at the Forum/Colosseum and the Capitoline Museum. :)

Regards,

Ticketeria srl

Tel 0632810

Fax 0632651329

tried link to free number but can't get it to open correctly?? Any ideas or the number? Please, Thanks!

tried link to free number but can't get it to open correctly?? Any ideas or the number? Please, Thanks!
Hmm....when I clicked on the link, there was a green phone icon on the left side of the page it linked to, I put in my phone number, hit enter and my phone rang. It said I was being transferred to an agent and in a short time an English-speaking operator came on the line and I got the reservation time and she gave me a confirmation number. I called in the morning our time. :confused:

I tried several times before I finally got through. All my attempts were before 5:00 p.m. Rome local time. Just keep at it and you will eventually connect. I had the same issue when I tried to book online after I decided not to purchase a Roma pass. Had to try a few times before I connected. Good luck.

Regards,

Ticketeria srl

Tel 0632810

Fax 0632651329

Seems like I have a problem with PROTOCOL, Windows doesn't recognize it. When I click on link in get a screen that says "this website cannot be displayed". Any ideas?

Thanks

Seems like I have a problem with PROTOCOL, Windows doesn't recognize it. When I click on link in get a screen that says "this website cannot be displayed". Any ideas?

Thanks

Try typing in the website http://www.ticketeria.it and then click on Galleria Borghese and look for the green phone icon. Sometimes if you do it manually instead of just clicking on the link, it will work.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried clicking on the "free call" icon several days last week (before noon) and I kept getting a warning that service wasn't available. I was able to send an e-mail and told them the site wasn't working for me. They responded that they would make a reservation for me by e-mail, if I provided them with the date and time I wanted to reserve. They schedule every two hours starting at 9am, so it's 9,11,1, and 3pm. I plan to use the Roma Pass and a charge for the reservation never came up. Hope this helps if you still can't get through.

• 3 months later...

Regards,

Ticketeria srl

Tel 0632810

Fax 0632651329

Hi

I have been trying for several days to purchase Borghese tickets following the above directions. I post my phone number but have not received a call in return

Do you know of another way to purchase the tickets in advance besides my calling direct at my own expense?

Thanks for any help

Lorraine:)

Hi

I have been trying for several days to purchase Borghese tickets following the above directions. I post my phone number but have not received a call in return

Do you know of another way to purchase the tickets in advance besides my calling direct at my own expense?

Thanks for any help

Hi Lorraine, I had no problem the first time I tried. And the reservation was there waiting for us when we got to the museum. Have you tried to call early in the am? If I remember correctly, you have to stay on the phone while you hear it ringing. Sorry you have been having trouble.

Hi

Thanks for any help

Lorraine, I just reread my original post and see that you have to click on the green icon and then wait for your phone to ring. Keep trying and you will get through.

Lorraine, I just reread my original post and see that you have to click on the green icon and then wait for your phone to ring. Keep trying and you will get through.

Thanks for allyour help. I have been trying all day, and all I get on my compter is a voice "ongoing call" and nothing more.

By tomorrow, Sat. morning, I think I will just have to make a phone call directly.

I had signed on the other evening and left my email address and have not heard back from them.

Any hints?

Again, thanks for your reply'

Archived