Borghese Gallery Reservation

Springchicken

We were there yesterday. Just walked in, bought tickets and visited the museum. You need not pre-book as long as you are aware that there is a two hour limit starting at 9.00 then 11.00, 1.00, etc.

Thanks for the advice.

I know we could take a chance and just walk in, however, if the time slot we would like is filled, it would be a disappointment, and with only one day in port, we can't be too flexible, since we would also like to have time to walk around the city.

I'll keep trying.

Lorraine:)

I know we could take a chance and just walk in, however, if the time slot we would like is filled, it would be a disappointment, and with only one day in port, we can't be too flexible, since we would also like to have time to walk around the city.

That was my thought as well. I've walked in and been able to get tickets, but that was on a land trip when I had several days, so if it hadn't worked out there were other options.

For a short port day visit, if the Borghese is high on your list, I'd absolutely recommend a reserved slot so you can plan your day around it.

Thanks for allyour help. I have been trying all day, and all I get on my compter is a voice "ongoing call" and nothing more.

By tomorrow, Sat. morning, I think I will just have to make a phone call directly.

I had signed on the other evening and left my email address and have not heard back from them.

Any hints?

Again, thanks for your reply'

Lorraine, I can't think of anything else. I got an email back from them right away and pasted the contents into this thread as I received it, with the instructions to click on the green icon. I sure hope you get to visit the Museum and park. :)

Lorraine, I can't think of anything else. I got an email back from them right away and pasted the contents into this thread as I received it, with the instructions to click on the green icon. I sure hope you get to visit the Museum and park. :)

Just a thought on the email response. I know when I reserved my tickets for the Vatican I didn't get the email voucher. I forwarded my info to my work address and sent it from there. I quickly received the response - with a second email stating that for some reason they were unable to send emails to roadrunner accounts. So, my suggestion is to send your request from a different email provider and see if it works.

I also tried the free green phone call on the website but all I got was 'ongoing call' and no phone ringing. (And only after I realized I had to add the 1 for country code in front of my phone number to make it a valid phone number even though the country code was shown in the field in front of my phone number field...).

Anyways I just used Skype instead to phone (don't need to put '011' in front of number when dialing)and got thru ok (press 2 for english, press 1 for groups less than 10) - had to try a couple times - first time the agent said the line was too bad and hung up. Didn't have to wait more than 1 minute on hold before I got an agent...(5pm Rome time)

Using Skype should make the call cost less than 20 cents...

I tried the green phone and was instructed to send an email - which I tried to do, but when I entered the security number, it kept telling me the number I typed was wrong and gave me another number - and kept doing that. Any idea what is wrong?

I also tried the free green phone call on the website but all I got was 'ongoing call' and no phone ringing. (And only after I realized I had to add the 1 for country code in front of my phone number to make it a valid phone number even though the country code was shown in the field in front of my phone number field...).

Anyways I just used Skype instead to phone (don't need to put '011' in front of number when dialing)and got thru ok (press 2 for english, press 1 for groups less than 10) - had to try a couple times - first time the agent said the line was too bad and hung up. Didn't have to wait more than 1 minute on hold before I got an agent...(5pm Rome time)

Using Skype should make the call cost less than 20 cents...

Hi All

I have been trying for a week to get through to the Borghese. I, too, keep getting "ongoing call". I have sent two emails and have heard nothing.:mad:

I thought of calling direct, but learned that it is $4.95 plus taxes per minute, so there went that idea.

We have skype and I think that will be my last resort.

If that doesn't work, we will take a chance of just showing up, since it is October and shouldn't be that busy.

I'll let you know if I have any luck

Thanks everyone for your help

I thought of calling direct, but learned that it is $4.95 plus taxes per minute, so there went that idea.

If your skype account includes calling to Europe, I would give that a try. I buy a prepaid international long distance card for $5 or $10. and use that for the few phone calls that I usually need to make when making plans for an overseas trip. The cost works out to less than 20 cents per minute, and even if you don't use all of your minutes, the cost of $5 or $10 in total is a lot better than $4.95/minute.

I went through this same thing a few months back where I could never get the website to work. I called and an English speaking person took about two minutes to get me the reservation number. We paid when we got there so we could also use our Roma Pass and get a discount.

Kirk

Hi All

I have been trying for a week to get through to the Borghese. I, too, keep getting "ongoing call". I have sent two emails and have heard nothing.:mad:

If that doesn't work, we will take a chance of just showing up, since it is October and shouldn't be that busy.

I'll let you know if I have any luck

Thanks everyone for your help

=

Hi,

I just reserved my ticket online last night. It went without a hitch. It was secure site and they immediately emailed a confirmation with a reservation # and password. I put all my European purchases on a different credit card than I usually use so I can watch the purchases and not impact anything else. I've called all my banks to let them know where I will be and when. They won't put through anything that looks out of line. I know things happen that is why I segregate my European purchases. Hope this helps.

• 5 months later...

May I step in to say that it's well worth it to go on a guided tour when you're there? The guides are art curators and they will make the paintings and sculptures come alive for you. I never knew what a ruffian Carravagio was until our guide started telling stories about him. It was fascinating! It's only two euros more to go along with a guide than to rent the audio.

May I step in to say that it's well worth it to go on a guided tour when you're there? The guides are art curators and they will make the paintings and sculptures come alive for you. I never knew what a ruffian Carravagio was until our guide started telling stories about him. It was fascinating! It's only two euros more to go along with a guide than to rent the audio.

Thanks, will do--how can I get this? Are they available at the Borghese or can I sign up to have one when I'm there. Thanks again. Don't want the audio........

Hi all. I have read that they are very strict on the tail end of the reserved time slot (kicking people out 10 mins before!) but what about the front end? I read it is advised to arrive 30 mins early but what happens if I arrive after my reserved time begins? Will my ticket be given away if I'm not there early?

By the way, we will be taking advantage of the free admission during Culture Week, if that makes any difference.

• 3 weeks later...
Here's a tip for making a reservation to visit the Borghese Gallery in Rome. I received the below e-mail from the ticketing website and was able to call for FREE, talk with an English-speaking lady and make a reservation for the tour with a confirmation number. We want to use our Roma Pass and I didn't want to make the reservation on-line because you have to pay for it on-line.

Purchasing Roma pass you can enter in two museums for free. When you visit the third museum you get a discount on the price of the ticket.

For further information about Roma Pass please visit the website www.romapass.it

The reservation for Borghese Gallery is mandatory with or without the Roma Pass.

You can reserve calling us at +39 06 32810 (the reservations service is opened from monday to friday 9 am - 6pm, saturday 9 am - 1 pm).

We have a possibility to make a free call http://www.ticketeria.it/ticketeria/borghese-eng.asp#

Regards,

Ticketeria srl

Tel 0632810

Fax 0632651329

Thank you very much for sharing this info with us

Archived