Kids menu in the MDR

marynpaul

Does anyone have a copy of the kids menu in the MDR. I have a very

picky eater and would like to know what is on the menu or if I can request

them to make something she likes. (ex. grilled cheese)

The following is from another poster from several years ago, so I do not know how current it is:

ALPHABET SOUP

Pasta letters swimming in a sea of chicken broth

GARDEN SALAD

The Power Rangers flex their muscles on the greens plucked from the Princess vegetable patch

SPAGHETTI SNAKES

Slippery, slithering rattler noodles with meat balls and tomato sauce

HIGH SEAS HOT DOG

A real "Wiener"! Our plump, 100% beef hot dog is served on a bun with all the condiments, including coleslaw, potato chips or steak fries

BUCCANEER BURGER

The juiciest quarter pounder afloat. Served plain or with chesse and a big side order of French fries

CHICK-CHICK-CHICKEN FINGERS

A hands-down favorite at Princess Cruises dipped in BBQ sauce or ranch dressing

FISH STICKS

Swords from the sea wage a winning battle with ketchup or a creamy tartar sauce and a heap of shoestring potatoes

LOVE BOAT VOLCANO

A mountain of ice cream erupting with heaps of hot fudge, sliced banana and whipped cream with a bright red cherry on top

CRUISE CHIPS

A delicious, chewy cookie packed full of rich chunks of chocolate to be scarfed down by themselves or as a sandwich with vanilla ice cream

FRUIT SALAD

The fresh, juicy colorful mix that makes Barney big, strong and happy

ORANGE JUICE, APPLE JUICE, OR A GLASS OF "MOO" (We have chocolate syrup too....)

My son (12) is very picky as well and ordered the fettuccine from the adult menu almost every night. He loved it. My daughter would usually order an appie from the adult menu and then dinner from the kids menu. Most of the time it was spaghetti. So don't hesitate to mix n match from the kids and adult menus.

Sometimes the kids menu seems more appealing than the adults menu :eek:, is it OK for adults to ask for the kids menu and order from it? I never tried this, but hoping there is someone out there who has at least tried this.:confused:

My daughter just turned 6 on our cruise last May. She did a combo off the kids and adult menus. She loved the roasted chicken on the adult menu as well as alot of other items. On crab leg night, she had the waiter running for more crab legs!!!

She loved the pasta and loved the fruit salad on the kids menu.

I also made a special request on the 1st night for cooked vegetables for her every night (I'm a mean parent! I have veggies and fruit at home every night). So, they alternated with cooked carrots and cooked green beans every night, and these were not on the menu.

So, I am sure they will work with whatever request you've got!

My memory is that the kids can have anything on the adult menu and if what they wanted was the standard "kid" gourment that they are offered from the kids club dinner that was also an option.

The following is from another poster from several years ago, so I do not know how current it is:

ALPHABET SOUP

Pasta letters swimming in a sea of chicken broth

GARDEN SALAD

The Power Rangers flex their muscles on the greens plucked from the Princess vegetable patch

SPAGHETTI SNAKES

Slippery, slithering rattler noodles with meat balls and tomato sauce

HIGH SEAS HOT DOG

A real "Wiener"! Our plump, 100% beef hot dog is served on a bun with all the condiments, including coleslaw, potato chips or steak fries

BUCCANEER BURGER

The juiciest quarter pounder afloat. Served plain or with chesse and a big side order of French fries

CHICK-CHICK-CHICKEN FINGERS

A hands-down favorite at Princess Cruises dipped in BBQ sauce or ranch dressing

FISH STICKS

Swords from the sea wage a winning battle with ketchup or a creamy tartar sauce and a heap of shoestring potatoes

LOVE BOAT VOLCANO

A mountain of ice cream erupting with heaps of hot fudge, sliced banana and whipped cream with a bright red cherry on top

CRUISE CHIPS

A delicious, chewy cookie packed full of rich chunks of chocolate to be scarfed down by themselves or as a sandwich with vanilla ice cream

FRUIT SALAD

The fresh, juicy colorful mix that makes Barney big, strong and happy

ORANGE JUICE, APPLE JUICE, OR A GLASS OF "MOO" (We have chocolate syrup too....)

You had to mention the "LOVE BOAT VOLCANO". My wife and I split one. Now I want one!

The posted menu was in effect on the Golden Princess at Christmas time. Kids can order off that or the adult menu, or a combo of both, and I think the adults can too! The waiters don't care either way.

The chicken fingers are delicious and come with huge onion rings. Yum.

The Love Boat Volcano is also excellent!

The only area where they struggled was ordering a grilled cheese sandwich, whch isn't on the menu. They don't mind the request, but they really don't understand how it should be made! To many times it comes out with the bread lightly toasted and cold slices of unmelted cheese inside. Princess is so good with families I'm amazed that they don't have this figured out.

And it was perfect.

He also ate 2 full bowls of mac and cheese one night.

Volcano is great! Yes - Mom and Dad had one!

Don't miss the fruit salad either - they cut it up real small for the kids...mine often had it as an app.....

Of course, with that my daughter (8) had the escargot, grilled shrimp, fet alfrado - and 1/2 the adult menu :)

When my nephew was 7, 8 and 9, he loved the little cups of jello with fruit from the HC.....when our MDR waiter found this out, he would bring one to Sam every night! We didn't even ask....our waiter just overheard Sam asking us if something like it was on the MDR menu....we told him "no", but we would go up to the HC after dinner if he still wanted one. Lo and behold, our waiter appeared about 10 minutes later with one and set it down in front of Sam! Sam was delighted and so were we! Needless to say, that waiter got a VERY nice extra tip that cruise :).

On our last cruise DS was 11. He is a very picky eater, too. He often mixed and matched from kids and adult menu. They also made him the pasta with no sauce on several occasions.

The wait staff was awesome in making sure he had something that he would eat :) Of course, he only stayed long enough to wolf something down and head to the kids activities!

I agree with the Volcano! Sooooo yummyyyyy! Another diner saw it coming to our table and asked his waiter what it was. He must have liked the look of it so much that he ordered one!

I only found out about the Volcano on CC - so I am eternally greatful!

AlaskaGolden: In 2007 my DD (an adult) suffered 1 nite with mal de mer during rough seas and saw that a youngster at another table had alphabet soup. She ordered that off the children's menu and loved it..said it was the best "chicken noodle soup" she had ever had. She ordered that alphabet soup every night, thereafter (and continues to do so on subsequent cruises!).

So, I don't think there's any problem for an adult to ask to see that menu and order from it.:)

Last month on the Golden I several times ordered the soup and also the Garden salad and many times the chicken fingers. Loved it. I dont eat any type of fish so for a change ordered those wonderful items. Yes they were happy to bring me anything off the childs menu. Always feel free to order from it.

Kids menu is available in the Anytime Dining rooms as well as the Fixed Seating dining rooms, but not in the buffet. I don't think it was available in the Crown Grill but can't be sure, but there was a $12.50 cover charge for a child whether they ordered off the specialty menu or not.

AlaskaGolden - my mom often orders the pasta on the kids menu for lunch (she loves it). I have ordered the soup when I am not feeling well and have also ordered the chicken fingers. No problems - and they don't force you to color if you order off the kids menu. I was worried about that :)

AlaskaGolden - my mom often orders the pasta on the kids menu for lunch (she loves it). I have ordered the soup when I am not feeling well and have also ordered the chicken fingers. No problems - and they don't force you to color if you order off the kids menu. I was worried about that :)

Aw, now, I'd love that! I've often thought that colouring books for grown-ups would be awesome. Wouldn't it be oh so fun to open a big new box of Crayola crayons, with all those glorious colours, and sit quietly and colour nice pretty pictures? I'm sure at this age I could do a much better job of keeping inside the lines, too!

Aw, now, I'd love that! I've often thought that colouring books for grown-ups would be awesome. Wouldn't it be oh so fun to open a big new box of Crayola crayons, with all those glorious colours, and sit quietly and colour nice pretty pictures? I'm sure at this age I could do a much better job of keeping inside the lines, too!

On Crystal - one of the activities during the sea day was "water-coloring". I accidently walked through there and was surprised to see a bunch of people (very well attended) having a blast with simple paints. Novices and some with artistic talent but a good time was had by all.

Sounds like a good sea day activity during a transatlantic or rainy cruise.

Archived