Thomson Dream All inclusive question

Hi, We are going on the Thomson Dream in June and looking at the reviews for the Dream it looks like the AI is different to other ships in the Thomson fleet, we were on the Celebration last year where the AI was a large choice of cocktails as well as the usual AI drinks, can anybody tell me if it now different on the Dream?

Yes. Have a look at post #73 on this post - it's the letter detailing the changes in the AI package operative on Dream as of now. We suspect it may well apply across the fleet as of the start of the summer season! :mad: As you might imagine, it's generated a lot of negative reaction!

jamsey, that was on thomson dream, & you can order vodka&coke as part of ai.

Hi there sundream, :) Do you happen to know whether cappuccinos, hot chocolate and virgin cocktails were included - or have they disappeared as well? :(

This is even worse!!! Called my TA this afternoon after holding @ 5p per minute for over 6 minutes just to listen to the Thomson advert theme music!! They were oblivious to any changes & actually asked me to forward a copy of the letter that Dream customers had been given onboard!! I have now done this & askedthem to investigate on my behalf and provide me with a comprehensive bar list.

They were oblivious to any changes & actually asked me to forward a copy of the letter that Dream customers had been given onboard!!

Oh good grief. Does anyone speak to each other at Thomsons!.

They'll probably say the same to us when we go in to see them next week about it :rolleyes:

Hi Glenisla,

The only vodka on all inclusive was called 'Akademicka'. Smirnoff and other named brands were not included, only house brands were included in all other spirit ranges.

Below is the email response I had from Cruise deals on 29 April when I asked about prices and AI for Dream cruise in june 2011.

Including in the All Inclusive drinks offer is all soft drinks and branded alcoholic drinks (ie Smirnoff Vodka), wine and cocktails are also included. Excluded is champagne and premium branded drinks.

Can thomson change the a for spirit/destiny arn't the bars run by louis lines, thats why some of the drinks like baileys were not on tha ai bar list

Good question. Going next week - I'll let you know if we haven't heard for sure before then. I suspect it will be across the board though as I guess Thomson will have to 'pay' Louis Lines for the AI. :(

I have spoken to Thomsons about the AI package changing from what was expected when booked We are on Destiny 22nd May with an AI package and have been told that we will have All Cocktails coffee etc. they had to change the Package for the Dream as they couldn';t get supplies because of Volcanic Ash!!!!

I have spoken to Thomsons about the AI package changing from what was expected when booked We are on Destiny 22nd May with an AI package and have been told that we will have All Cocktails coffee etc. they had to change the Package for the Dream as they couldn';t get supplies because of Volcanic Ash!!!!

Sheesh, talk about double talking on Thomsons part. They can't even read of the same page on the excuses book. We will have to wait until people come back from cruises as I suppose it is too much to ask for Thomsons to issue a definitive response on the matter.

Sheesh, talk about double talking on Thomsons part. They can't even read of the same page on the excuses book. We will have to wait until people come back from cruises as I suppose it is too much to ask for Thomsons to issue a definitive response on the matter.

The letter states price of spirits - nothing to do with ash

Ask the agent to give you a note in writing that states that so you can take it with you in case - the note needs to be on Thomson letterhead

Hi, We are going on the Thomson Dream in June and looking at the reviews for the Dream it looks like the AI is different to other ships in the Thomson fleet, we were on the Celebration last year where the AI was a large choice of cocktails as well as the usual AI drinks, can anybody tell me if it now different on the Dream?

Hi, just been into thomsons dundee ,the drinks package is back to normal on the dream, ie. branded pirits as per thomson drinks list. there was a problem but now is sorted. I told them I was not paying £379 for HOUSE drinks

The drinks package is now back to normal. You dont pay £379 for HOUSE drinks . But dont expect anything fancy for nothing.:rolleyes:

Archived