Thomson Dream All inclusive question

now I am totally confused....

I am as well because i've ju7st been told that Head Office are still in talks about it as i type. They've told my local Thomsons agent that they should be get an answer to her today still, then she'll ring me.

Either way, even if they say it's back to the original deal as in ALL cocktails are included, i want them listed in black and white because "A range" still won't satisfy me.

update!!!

our thomsons agent rang me just after 2.p.m to say head office had been on.

the drinks package is back to what it should be.

head office are in the process now of sending letters to all passengers about it to reassure them. If we havent heard anything in 4 weeks we have to ring her again, but if the letter goes direct to the shop she'll be in touch

*does a cartwheel around the kitchen*

Hi all

After I had received an e-mail from Thomson saying that they were going back to the original Ai package I sent another asking when. This was their reply. Just for the record I have printed the thread of e-mails off and am taking them with me when I cruise on 1st June.

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that the all inclusive drinks package has now reverted back to how it was originally.

Kind regards

Thomas White

Cruise 'ContactUs' Team

Service Centre - Swansea

Email - Contactus@Thomson-cruises.com

Hi All

After I had received the e-mail that others have received regarding the change back to normal for Ai package I sent another e-mail requesting when this would take place. This is the reply:

"Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that the all inclusive drinks package has now reverted back to how it was originally.

Kind regards

However from a review on another site posted by a relative of someone on the Dream at the weekend the Ai package was still the very watered down version. Presumably as Tuesdays are the commencement day for cruises on the Dream the change back is effective from today.

Thomas White

Cruise 'ContactUs' Team

Service Centre - Swansea

Email - Contactus@Thomson-cruises.com"

Just had a very similar reply from Thomsons, saying that the AI is back as it was, so at least they're getting their story straight now. Just need someone on next weeks cruise to confirm, I guess.

Just back from the Dream Med Explorer 4th May, see my other posts for more!

However like many of you I wanted to know about the problems and AI before the cruise this is the e-mail i received the day we flew out to Palma:

Thank you for your email regarding your forthcoming cruise,

I must first apologise for the lateness of my reply we have had several emails and phone calls regarding this issue and have only just gained a full update regarding the ships maiden voyage.

It is correct that there were a few troubles during the first sailing of the ship, but most of these issues were due to disruption caused by the volcanic ash. Staff members and supplies were unable to reach the ship in time due to the closure of British airspace, which lead to the closure of some bars and facilities. I can confirm that the ship is now fully staffed and all bars and restaurants are fully operational.

Regarding the drinks package, we are unaware of any major alterations to this; there always have been and always will be restrictions on any such package. I have detailed the current restrictions below from our latest brochure;

‘The drinks package includes draught beer, spirits, aperitifs, house wine, soft drinks and a range of cocktails. Premium drinks as defined onboard (e.g champagne, malt whiskies, bottled beers/ciders. Speciality coffees and bottled water) are not included. Drinks are available from all bars, lounges, and restaurants. Drinks served outside 10am and 2am will be charges to your onboard account’

Once again I apologise for the late reply, I hope this email answers your query, we and hope that you have wonderful cruise.

Thank you for contacting Thomson cruises,

Kind regards

Be careful with this one folks that's all i'm saying. They seem very good at twisting things around. All the above is true but they don't say how limited the choice is.

You're spot on, Cresta. I'm not convinced that they've changed the package back, but I'll give them the next lot of sailings and see.

I've got a contact name now, and a "work" email address that tends to get a response (1 hour on my last mail !!). I'm mainly a beer drinker but the virgin cocktails for the kids would be good.

When our letter comes through, if it still says "A range of cocktails" i'll be straight back in saying i want "Per day" added to it in writing

I am sure they would be happy with that amended wording because long island iced tea plus cocktail of the day is considered a range and the cocktail of the day changing each day could be considered as adding variety.

I reckon they will try again later once they have worked out how to tell prospective cruisers what they will actually get without impacting on sales.

Elsewhere I mentioned that you can make a lot of different cocktails from the ingredients of long island iced tea plus flavourings and juices.

What is the diference financially between making 5 iced teas with a 1/5 measure of 5 different spirits and making 5 different cocktails each with 1 measure of a individual spirit? Its the same amount of booze!

Look at iced tea, vodka, rum, gin, tequila, triple sec, sweet and sour mix and coke.

triple sec can be a non alcholic cordial, sweet & sour is also a cordial so there are 4 spirits in the mix.

Archived