Thomson Dream All inclusive question

Thomsons have handled this very badly which is hardly surprising as I get the impression that their head office operation is a perfect example of how NOT to run a business!.

Even the 'new' package lacks imagination and gives the impression of them trying their best to irritate customers. As I mentioned elsewhere, Long Island Iced Tea is the only standard cocktail available.

Recipe is:

Vodka

Rum

Gin

Tequila

Triple Sec

sweet and sour mix

coke

To my simple mind you are only getting quarter measures of spirits so what is the difference between preparing 4 iced teas and 4 different cocktails with the same base ingredients, for example a Margerita is Tequila, Triple Sec and Lime.

As I say, the new package shows a complete lack of imagination and is probably thought up by some bean counter back at head office.

It will be interesting to see what the bar staff think of making a few thousand iced teas a day :rolleyes:

ok ok ok, sorry if its ME being the arse, a very long and hard day.

The reason for the many calls was to get to the correct person, and take it up with them, sometimes you have to be very persistent in what you do.

I really do believe that you get what you pay for, and in my case i paid alot for the drinks package, and i know its my fault that i bought the package on the assumption that it would be the same as the years before, but i still think thaey should have said at some point that it has changed.

Again sorry for being the arse,, holds out virtual hand shake

Accepted ! And I agree with your comment that notification of change would have been a better route.

That's ok - you may wish to delete your final post now and I will delete this if I can still ! :)

Thomsons have handled this very badly which is hardly surprising as I get the impression that their head office operation is a perfect example of how NOT to run a business!.

Even the 'new' package lacks imagination and gives the impression of them trying their best to irritate customers. As I mentioned elsewhere, Long Island Iced Tea is the only standard cocktail available.

Recipe is:

Vodka

Rum

Gin

Tequila

Triple Sec

sweet and sour mix

coke

To my simple mind you are only getting quarter measures of spirits so what is the difference between preparing 4 iced teas and 4 different cocktails with the same base ingredients, for example a Margerita is Tequila, Triple Sec and Lime.

As I say, the new package shows a complete lack of imagination and is probably thought up by some bean counter back at head office.

It will be interesting to see what the bar staff think of making a few thousand iced teas a day :rolleyes:

Well it is funny you should say that as I looked out a copy of the bar menu when this AI issue was first mentioned and thought "that has got more types of spirits in it than some of the others" !! Perhaps it is the variety of them they are trying to cut down on so as to save some time - they may even have some " ready made" cocktails knowing that someone is bound to want one of these on their AI.

That's what it says on the website when putting a booking through. It says drinks package:confused:

Cruise drinks package 7 night

Selected international brand - named drinks including draft beers, spirits, aperitifs, house wines and soft drinks are FREE OF CHARGE. A range of teas, coffees and cocktails are also included. Premium drinks as defined on board (e.g. champagne, cognac and malt whiskies) and bottled water are not included. Drinks are available from all bars, lounges and restaurants - this does not include cabin service. Drinks served outside 10am - 2am will be charged to your on board account. It is not possible to purchase this package onboard. It is necessary that ALL members of the party book this option.

It's very frustrating.

OK - take your point - but in this case they should stop referring to it as All Inclusive since it clearly does not include much at all. :confused:

Another example of the daft package.

A couple want martinis.

OK, order one gin and one sweet vermouth and mix them yourself!

Another one

Coladas are free, so they charge you for taking the booze out if you order a virgin colada :confused:

spam sketch anyone :D

To be fair, don't think we actually know whether they charge for the virgin cocktails yet, do we ?

I'd think if you ask them to leave out an ingredient, they'd be ok with that ? Unless they're premixed, of course....

To be fair, don't think we actually know whether they charge for the virgin cocktails yet, do we ?

I'd think if you ask them to leave out an ingredient, they'd be ok with that ? Unless they're premixed, of course....

As I wrote, remember the spam sketch, no way you could have spam, egg and chips without the spam :D

It will be OK for me, lager/beer, G&T and the occasional tomato juice, I wonder if they will want to charge me for the worcester sauce ;)

We probably will know better next week after the 1st week of the summer cruises, hoping the virgin cocktails and coffees etc are still on ai thou, no spirts in them

i called cruise deals yday and the ta called a manager in wales call centre they siad again nothing had changed, and they would have to be told if it had been changed, she used the ash reason as why it was changed the 1 week

We probably will know better next week after the 1st week of the summer cruises, hoping the virgin cocktails and coffees etc are still on ai thou, no spirts in them

i called cruise deals yday and the ta called a manager in wales call centre they siad again nothing had changed, and they would have to be told if it had been changed, she used the ash reason as why it was changed the 1 week

In view of the photos of the Dream bar list then it would appear that your virgin cocktails and coffees are not on the AI and that the person in Cruisedeals is not aware of the change.

Thanks for info- well thats that then!

Alot of Thomson TAs around the country either lying to their customers or are incompetent for not finding out or....head office not telling them because may effect sales

Either way- disgraceful, I am bitterly disappointed with Thomson after years of defending them on 'other site'!

That is clearly not AI but some kind of poor quality drinks package. I did not pay for mine so not so bad but for those paying for the AI, that is just despicable!

Yes, asterix only.

You have to laugh, they have the cheek to charge £1.10 to take the rum OUT of your Pina Colada :confused:

Still enough booze free for those who want to get absolutely blotto :D

It would be good to see the other side of the list.

Thanks for info- well thats that then!

Alot of Thomson TAs around the country either lying to their customers or are incompetent for not finding out or....head office not telling them because may effect sales

Either way- disgraceful, I am bitterly disappointed with Thomson after years of defending them on 'other site'!

That is clearly not AI but some kind of poor quality drinks package. I did not pay for mine so not so bad but for those paying for the AI, that is just despicable!

The interesting thing is the package actually on the ship now is not the same package as the package on the website which shows £378. So if you book on the website now and pay £378 and get timed proof of the package description on the website at the time of the booking then that enters another legal sphere

yes thats right and everything else you have to pay 50% of the price

Booked this for the wifes 40th which is on the day were supposed to sail, next Saturday (ash permitting).

Its going to be our 1st cruise and when I was considering which one to book, the AI on the Thomson swung the decision in their favour as the wife loves cocktails and Tia Maria was also part of AI as well. Always drink whiskey myself and there were a few available there too, now only 1. As for the long island tea, its probably the 1 cocktail we both absolutely hate..

Have not told her about what I have read on this forum the last few days, God help Thomson when I do tell her.

That AI list that has been posted a few posts back is an absolute joke, at this moment in time am not too bothered about if we make the cruise or not.

Booked this for the wifes 40th which is on the day were supposed to sail, next Saturday (ash permitting).

Its going to be our 1st cruise and when I was considering which one to book, the AI on the Thomson swung the decision in their favour as the wife loves cocktails and Tia Maria was also part of AI as well. Always drink whiskey myself and there were a few available there too, now only 1. As for the long island tea, its probably the 1 cocktail we both absolutely hate..

Have not told her about what I have read on this forum the last few days, God help Thomson when I do tell her.

That AI list that has been posted a few posts back is an absolute joke, at this moment in time am not too bothered about if we make the cruise or not.

Isnt it sad that on your first cruise you have this disappointment! I tried to look for another cruise and was prepared to give up the £300 deposot paid to Thomsons, but its a bit late in the day for the August cruises to suit. However had we known ages ago about this AI change, we would have been in a much better position to make achoice with other lines.

I hope you can enjoy your cruise though!

why have they taken the coffees and hot choc and virgin cocktails off the list??? for goodness sakes!! its not like they have alcohol in those!

my son (who will be 11 when we go on dream next april) was looking forward to sampling all the virgin cocktails and having a hot choc in the bar every night before turning in - he will be so disappointed that he now has only fruit juice or frozen coladas he can drink from the menu on his 'AI' package as he doesnt like fizzy stuff - in fact when we booked (and paid a reduced price for the AI but still PAID for it) we were told the hot choc, virgin cocktails and fruit juice were all def included as I asked if it was going to be worth him having it when Tom doesnt drink fizzy pop at all!

Cruise drinks package 7 night

Selected international brand - named drinks including draft beers, spirits, aperitifs, house wines and soft drinks are FREE OF CHARGE. A range of teas, coffees and cocktails are also included. Premium drinks as defined on board (e.g. champagne, cognac and malt whiskies) and bottled water are not included. Drinks are available from all bars, lounges and restaurants - this does not include cabin service. Drinks served outside 10am - 2am will be charged to your on board account. It is not possible to purchase this package onboard. It is necessary that ALL members of the party book this option.

From the Thomsons web site, it says COFFEES, that is PLURAL, it means more than ONE. As you can only get one type of brown liquid from the Lido station etc their description of what is in the package is simply wrong? or is more than 1 coffee available from the free station?

I have sailed with thompsons for the past 3 years. And looking for another little 2 week float with them in July.

On their bar menu everything was AI. If it had an Astericks then you had to pay the 50% extra, if you were AI.

Other punters with no AI paid the full price.

So whoever said anything with an astricks is AI. is wrong. Unless they have changed it for this year.

So please enlighten us. BUT - Only if you know you are correct. No Speculations Please.:D

I have sailed with thompsons for the past 3 years. And looking for another little 2 week float with them in July.

On their bar menu everything was AI. If it had an Astericks then you had to pay the 50% extra, if you were AI.

Other punters with no AI paid the full price.

So whoever said anything with an astricks is AI. is wrong. Unless they have changed it for this year.

So please enlighten us. BUT - Only if you know you are correct. No Speculations Please.:D

have you looked at the photos? the poster explained the drinks included in the new AI package on the NEW menu in the photos posted were marked with an * :D

Archived