Thomson Dream All inclusive question

still this on the website

Cruise drinks package 7 night

£378.00 per party

Selected international brand - named drinks including draft beers, spirits, aperitifs, house wines and soft drinks are FREE OF CHARGE. A range of teas, coffees and cocktails are also included. Premium drinks as defined on board (e.g. champagne, cognac and malt whiskies) and bottled water are not included. Drinks are available from all bars, lounges and restaurants - this does not include cabin service. Drinks served outside 10am - 2am will be charged to your on board account. It is not possible to purchase this package onboard. It is necessary that ALL members of the party book this option.

It seems to me that the 'new' package offered is so radically different to this that you are not getting what is in your contract.

-house spirits can hardly be considered as selected international brands

-draft beers means more than one, its plural!

-teas and coffees are not mentioned in the letter

-premium drinks are not included and there are EXAMPLES of these such as malt whiskies. If ordinary whiskies are to be considered premium this is misleading.

It seems to me that the 'new' package offered is so radically different to this that you are not getting what is in your contract.

-house spirits can hardly be considered as selected international brands

-draft beers means more than one, its plural!

-teas and coffees are not mentioned in the letter

-premium drinks are not included and there are EXAMPLES of these such as malt whiskies. If ordinary whiskies are to be considered premium this is misleading.

It would seem, juding from another post on the other thread, someone has taken this up with Thomson and have beem sidelined. I hope our worries have all been proved wrong by Glensia when they sail on Tuesday. I hope they post on here as soon as they find out and we can all rest easy unless...and this is just a thought... Glensia is a Thomson employee because they seem to be oblivious to all the other posts people are putting on here about what they have been told by their Thomson TA! I hope Glensia is proven right! I again contacted my Thonson TA about the letter and the new restricted AI and again they denied anything had changed and they have not been informed- probably a deliberate move on Thomsons part becasue they wont want this getting out! I for one intend to post on any and every cruise site about this. It is an absolute disgrace and misrepresentation of the facts. I cant believe I have been conned and booked a 2011 cruise already and as for the price I have paid for my Dream cruise this summer, I could have got at least a 4 star cruise with other lines but the AI swayed us unfortunately. Lets hope we are all proved wrong

I will be at the bar long before the'' letter'' gets under my door, going on O.V.in the summer , to pay for my drinks. Dont knock it till you try it.

Sorry, don't understand this reply?? What has OV got to do with Thomson AI programme??

Sorry, don't understand this reply?? What has OV got to do with Thomson AI programme??

Agree - I can not follow the logic of that posters comments either - perhaps it is just me or perhaps others agree. Why not see what Berwyn has to say about the AI package and what it includes when he is back on Tues afternoon ? More to the point it would be better if those that have an issue with it contacted Thomson or their agents if they have used one and ask for confirmation in writing if they so wish. As far as I can see it is straight forward - the drinks package is now more restricted - you have to accept that or if you so wish raise an issue with it via whatever channel you think most appropriate.

and this is just a thought... Glensia is a Thomson employee because they seem to be oblivious to all the other posts people are putting on here about what they have been told by their Thomson TA!

I'm pleased i'm not the only one that was thinking this!. I nearly posted asking if she worked for Thomsons?....Are we right Glensia??

I'm pleased i'm not the only one that was thinking this!. I nearly posted asking if she worked for Thomsons?....Are we right Glensia??

i don't believe that Glenisla works for Thomsons but that she is believing her TA and i sincerely hope that she's right to do so for all of our sakes.

i also think that Glenisla knows what she wants and i wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall if Thomsons don't deliver it...especially at the price paid for the A.I.

Glenisla; i think that you said that this was your first cruise?

i hope that you have a lovely time and if the AI doesn't work out well, put that aside and enjoy the rest of the experience...and then come back and tell us all about it and we'll help you to give Thomsons hell!!

bon voyage.

i also think that Glenisla knows what she wants and i wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall if Thomsons don't deliver it... .

Trust me, if they don't deliver with me i'll be their worst nightmare!! :mad:

Yes. Have a look at post #73 on this post - it's the letter detailing the changes in the AI package operative on Dream as of now. We suspect it may well apply across the fleet as of the start of the summer season! :mad: As you might imagine, it's generated a lot of negative reaction!

Sorry if i'm being a dunce but what is the title of post #73 cos I can't seem to find it!!

We came off The Celebration yesterday (Monday) having had a great time on the Eastern Wonders itinerary. On that cruise the AI package was as it has always been. However, this was the Celebration and not the Dream and it was a repositioning cruise to Marmaris ready for the summer season.

As we are booked on the Dream for September (and have the AI package - albeit free for early booking) I have been a bit concerned about the reported changes, specifically about the range of cocktails.

I therefore contacted my local Thomson travel shop today, giving them the details as reported in posts on this site. This was the reply:

I have contacted Thomson regarding The Dream AI Package and they have advised me that there were restrictions on the AI element while transporting passengers back to the Uk due to the Volcanic Ash. Other than this they have the same AI facilities as previously advertised and in line with the other Thomson Cruise Ships.

I have also checked Thomsons website today and, as others have reported, the AI information is the same as it has always been.

Unless this is contradicted, it would seem that the restricted AI was for those people who were being "rescued" before the Dream came into full service, which would make it a very reasonable restriction all things considered. The proof, one way or another, will come from those who were on the first official cruise.

I have contacted Thomson regarding The Dream AI Package and they have advised me that there were restrictions on the AI element while transporting passengers back to the Uk due to the Volcanic Ash. Other than this they have the same AI facilities as previously advertised and in line with the other Thomson Cruise Ships.

I have also checked Thomsons website today and, as others have reported, the AI information is the same as it has always been.

Unless this is contradicted, it would seem that the restricted AI was for those people who were being "rescued" before the Dream came into full service, which would make it a very reasonable restriction all things considered. The proof, one way or another, will come from those who were on the first official cruise.

It wasn't during the 'rescue' but was during Dream's inaugral 5 day cruise full of full fare paying passengers.

It wasn't during the 'rescue' but was during Dream's inaugral 5 day cruise full of full fare paying passengers.

Exactly!.

Were going into the shop on Thursday so i'll let you know what they say to us

The friend who recommended Thomson's Cruises to me and who has returned to work today after a cruise on the Celebration assures me he noticed no difference in the AI package compared to his previous cruises, so hopefully this is good news for Dream passengers too. ;)

The friend who recommended Thomson's Cruises to me and who has returned to work today after a cruise on the Celebration assures me he noticed no difference in the AI package compared to his previous cruises, so hopefully this is good news for Dream passengers too. ;)

Thanks for the post - all indications that the dramatic changes aren't still in operation on Dream and not going to be implimented on Celebration/Spirit are very welcome! I do so hope it's the case!!! :D:D

There's been a suggestion that any changes might begin at he start of the new season's itineraries - i.e. this week's departure for Spirit and once Celebration relocates to Marmaris (not sure of date of that one but must be imminent). We shall see - but all rays of hope gratefully received! ;)

Hi peeps,

Over the last week i have been having some very long and interesting conversations with thomson, the last one being a call with the cruise director, and a director of thomson.

The package HAS changed, BUT in the eye of the law it has not... when we book the AI we buy it, thinking it will be the same as last year but we are buying on assumption and not fact. The drinks have changed but thomson have never told the paying customer what is included eg how many different cocktails, how many spirits,and how the soft drinks will be served, so we dont really have any leg to stand on.

YES they should have told people that it has changed, but by law they dont have to, as they still offer what they say..

I know its not nice, but there is nothing you can do when you are up against a corporate monster like thomson.

Hi peeps,

Over the last week i have been having some very long and interesting conversations with thomson, the last one being a call with the cruise director, and a director of thomson.

The package HAS changed, BUT in the eye of the law it has not... when we book the AI we buy it, thinking it will be the same as last year but we are buying on assumption and not fact. The drinks have changed but thomson have never told the paying customer what is included eg how many different cocktails, how many spirits,and how the soft drinks will be served, so we dont really have any leg to stand on.

YES they should have told people that it has changed, but by law they dont have to, as they still offer what they say..

I know its not nice, but there is nothing you can do when you are up against a corporate monster like thomson.

Whilst I do not bother with AI ...........

Is this your interpretation of what you were told or the precise words used in explanation ? The reason I ask is that my understanding of the law is that it is not just so simple as you say to change things by relying on a summary description of a product ( AI ) . Yes Caveat Emptor applies - but there is also possibly the Misrepresentation Act 1967 and then there is ejusdem generis to possibly be considered - for total clarity it would have to be referred for legal opinion

Whilst I do not bother with AI ...........

Is this your interpretation of what you were told or the precise words used in explanation ? The reason I ask is that my understanding of the law is that it is not just so simple as you say to change things by relying on a summary description of a product ( AI ) . Yes Caveat Emptor applies - but there is also possibly the Misrepresentation Act 1967 and then there is ejusdem generis to possibly be considered - for total clarity it would have to be referred for legal opinion

I'm not sure I follow all that, Gareth - well I am - I don't! :confused: But whilst the legal interpretations are beyond me, the moral ones are not!! Like you I'm really not that bothered about AI as such. As I've said before, it's the principle which I find hard to swallow. I feel very let down by Thomson as I think they have treated their customers badly.

IF the AI has significantly changed (we'll soon know with more reports filtering back) then I believe Thomson had a moral obligation to inform customers of a radical change of the AI package. I know the small print doesn't specify exactly what you'll get - but those who have bought it in the past have an expectation that something called the same thing (AI) will resemble what they've had before. At the very least they should have renamed it e.g drinks package (inferring something rather different) and told people just how it differed from before.

It's poor management of change, poor communication, lack of honesty regarding the details of what they are now selling as AI, shoddy and a very cavalier way to treat paying customers (many of whom will be loyal, repeat passengers).

As far as I'm concerned, we seem to have lost the AI as we knew it - but Thomson have lost their integrity too!!!!!

IF the AI has significantly changed (we'll soon know with more reports filtering back) then I believe Thomson had a moral obligation to inform customers of a radical change of the AI package. I know the small print doesn't specify exactly what you'll get - but those who have bought it in the past have an expectation that something called the same thing (AI) will resemble what they've had before. At the very least they should have renamed it e.g drinks package (inferring something rather different) and told people just how it differed from before.

That's what it says on the website when putting a booking through. It says drinks package:confused:

Cruise drinks package 7 night

Selected international brand - named drinks including draft beers, spirits, aperitifs, house wines and soft drinks are FREE OF CHARGE. A range of teas, coffees and cocktails are also included. Premium drinks as defined on board (e.g. champagne, cognac and malt whiskies) and bottled water are not included. Drinks are available from all bars, lounges and restaurants - this does not include cabin service. Drinks served outside 10am - 2am will be charged to your on board account. It is not possible to purchase this package onboard. It is necessary that ALL members of the party book this option.

It's very frustrating.

ok ok ok, sorry if its ME being the arse, a very long and hard day.

The reason for the many calls was to get to the correct person, and take it up with them, sometimes you have to be very persistent in what you do.

I really do believe that you get what you pay for, and in my case i paid alot for the drinks package, and i know its my fault that i bought the package on the assumption that it would be the same as the years before, but i still think thaey should have said at some point that it has changed.

Again sorry for being the arse,, holds out virtual hand shake

Archived