Luggage on NCL, how many bags?

Topat

On the NCL Pearl ship it stated you may bring up to 2 bags weighing up to 50 lbs each...Is the carry on bag considered one of those bags? Would I be allowed to bring 2 pieces of regular luggage, and 1 carry on bag?

Thanks for your answers......Patty :)

On the NCL Pearl ship it stated you may bring up to 2 bags weighing up to 50 lbs each...Is the carry on bag considered one of those bags? Would I be allowed to bring 2 pieces of regular luggage, and 1 carry on bag?

Yes, you can have two regular pieces of luggage and then a carryon and evn a purse! :)

Edited by NEcruisers????
spelling

Patty - although it is stated that you can have 2 checked peices of luggage per person and one carryone - they don't count, nor do they care. Pack as much or as little as you want. Mostly they are matching the airline industry - but they will not charge you if you give them 3 bags a piece. Just make sure you tip the porter.

Since its Freestyle cruising why would you need to pack so much? I lived out of one 22" suitcase for a year.....

You are a special person ... I struggle to live out of that size suitcase for 3 days! :eek:

You can carry on...well...as much as you can carry on. We use a folding two wheel cart and carry on two or three 12 packs of Diet Pepsi and then numerous smaller bags of personal items. The only requirement for carry ons is they must fit through a scanner, similar to the type used by airlines, although maybe a little larger.

How many luggage tags does NCL send you with your welcome aboard kit? 6 or 8 tags for two people, use it or lose it. We have had as many as 5 bags + 2 carryons + 2 backpacks, two bags are for our scuba gear. We check it all in but our backpacks.

When I went on a tour with Rick Steves, PBS, I had to get down to one 20 pound bag. When I cruise I can do the same, but I usually settle for about one 23-25 pound bag. I believe the trick is to mix and match your clothes, providing more than one day of usage for pants. And if you are willing to spot wash a shirt, one can easily get two days of usage too, the under arm area being the key... Hang the shirt overnight to dry or use the ship's hair dryer.

When traveling less baggage is best. Read my signature and cllick the video link below to pack lightly with fewer wrinkles...

You are a special person ... I struggle to live out of that size suitcase for 3 days! :eek:

I'm with you! Has anyone actually been turned away and told they had too many bags? I've never heard of it happening. Some of those suites have rather large closets too...

cruise before last 5 bags for 2 people were delivered to our cabin...no one ever said anything and we were never called to the TO MANY BAGs room:pdont worry on the CRUISE itself...its the airlines you have to worry about well PAY for!!

Outside my few suits and heavy winter coats, I doubt the rest of my clothes in my closet weighs 100 pounds. I do have a small closet and have thrown out all of my clothes I don't fit in any longer... But that small closet is full...

Edited by Don Haynes

• 7 years later...

I am struggling to pack for my own upcoming trip. As a heavy woman, I am jealous of the young women I work with who can pack for a week by just loading up on tiny bikinis and cover-ups. That being said, a good portion of my packing isn't clothing at all. Camera and medications take up a good portion of my carry-on, and I'm also allowing for the fact that, once I get to the airport, I'm packing my winter coat. I'll need it when I get back home, especially if I need to shovel out my car! Good to know I can bring two full sized suitcases plus my carry-on. :)

Just so no one gets confused, this thread was over 7 years old, and some of the information is no longer correct.

Yes, a very old thread. And many, many more have come up about this since.

But... what information is no longer correct?

(I do agree you can take just about all you want. We only do carryon these days - LOL)

I am struggling to pack for my own upcoming trip. As a heavy woman, I am jealous of the young women I work with who can pack for a week by just loading up on tiny bikinis and cover-ups. That being said, a good portion of my packing isn't clothing at all. Camera and medications take up a good portion of my carry-on, and I'm also allowing for the fact that, once I get to the airport, I'm packing my winter coat. I'll need it when I get back home, especially if I need to shovel out my car! Good to know I can bring two full sized suitcases plus my carry-on. :)

Why did you liven a seven year old thread?? This thread has some out of date info in it.

Yes!