Brunch...Worth it or NOT?

MIAMIMEDIA

I have mixed opinions regarding the brunch. The food itself was very good. Beautiful presentation, and a great variety. But the overall organization (clean tables, etc.) needs a major re-haul. There were too many people arriving at the same time, vying for few too many clean tables.

This will be our first cruise on X since '06 and I don't remember a brunch then (could have been....just didn't know about it).

Is there a fee for this or is it included as a regular meal? Is the dress the same as the regular breakfast and lunch in the MDR?

Please tell us X brunch newbies all about it.

No fee:)..it is included in your cruise. Dress code is the same as any other breakfast and/or lunch.

I knew about it and still missed it back in January:eek:....I remember

I was having breakfast in the Aqua Spa Cafe and about 1/2 way

through I realized brunch was that day:eek:.

We did the brunch a year ago on Constellation and loved. Sadly, this year we were on Mercury and due to the noro, even though we were on an 11 day cruise, no brunch due to no "finger" foods.

Can't wait to do it at least once on Connie next March

Pat C

Just came back from 14 day Millie cruise- 2 brunches. I was on lower level due to disability. Wait staff helped me with plates-I had chocolate chip pancakes & the chocolate croissant- both were cold:eek:. The bacon was crisp. lovely ice carvings.

No fee:)..it is included in your cruise. Dress code is the same as any other breakfast and/or lunch.

I knew about it and still missed it back in January:eek:....I remember

I was having breakfast in the Aqua Spa Cafe and about 1/2 way

through I realized brunch was that day:eek:.

Hi Lois:

It sure does take some organization, doesn't it!

Don't leave home without your highlighter ;).

Hi Lois:

It sure does take some organization, doesn't it!

Don't leave home without your highlighter ;).

Hi:). You want to know something funny, I NEVER bring a highlighter

with me. I don't even always use my daily;)

You can eat in the MDR for any breakfast, brunch or lunch meal with no reservation and no charges and no advance arrangements. Dinner would require some advance arrangement and you'd need to speak with one of the Asst. Maitre d's about that - but it would likely be Ok and there should not be a charge.

When we were on Equinox (4 nighter) in AQ, we ate lunch in MDR one sea day to try it out. Enjoyed food but service was very slow. Also attended the brunch and found it to be very disorganized. Difficult to find a clean table, get beverages, etc. Food selection was pretty good. DH really enjoyed the crab legs I recall.

Hi:). You want to know something funny, I NEVER bring a highlighter

with me. I don't even always use my daily;)

Lois, I forget to use the daily but have never brought a highlighter with me on a cruise. I enjoy this brunch. Don't eat breakfast food though so I go right for the good stuff.

Pat

Husband, friends and I enjoyed brunch at sea on the Equinox TA last November. It was very good with a wide variety of foods. I stuck with the crab claws, shrimp, salmon, salads, etc. Desserts were very good. It was a little crowded getting around the food stations, but overall, Celebrity did a great job. I found it to be a much nicer event than the old midnight buffets.

Monica

Hi

if one likes the Brunch oder not depens on each cruisers taste. They had two at our TA- crossing on board Constellation, a week ago. Joined both, hat nice conversations and met nice people. All is very nicely done and well presented. I am not a Brunch person, cause I don´t wanna spend hours in the dinning room, so I pic a bit of that , a bit of that and that´s it. Anyway I like the idea and prefer that over the gala buffet.

I have mixed opinions regarding the brunch. The food itself was very good. Beautiful presentation, and a great variety. But the overall organization (clean tables, etc.) needs a major re-haul. There were too many people arriving at the same time, vying for few too many clean tables.

We found this to be the case on the Solstice last year. We weren't brave enough to try this year when we went on Equinox. I'd do it at least once. That may be enough for you. It was enough for us.

I've found this was the case as well on past cruises and didn't even really want to try it any longer. But then on our last cruise my DW talked me into giving it another try and we found a huge improvement. Instead of the chaos we'd experienced in the past it was nicely organized and we were directed to a nice clean table (in the past we were left on our own to find a clean table amongst the mess). The selection was pretty nice as well and I was very happy that we went. What I don't know is if this last experiance was a result of procedures unique to the Millennium or if it was due to new fleet wide procedures.

So I'd now recomment that you give it a try or at least check it out.

Archived