On Board Credit Confusion

mnagel55

I promise I have searched to see if this has been asked before...but alas.

Here is the thing I booked back in January to take the Gem out of Venice on June 5th. I know there was an offer of an "on board credit" (OBC) when we booked. My cruise docs arrived this week but there was no mention of my OBC or the coupon booklet I was promised. When I called NCL, they asked "what were you promised" (for OBC).

I honestly don't recall, I just ass-u-me-d that they look after that! My problem now is that there are so many deals and changes (we have sailed with NCL twice before so we got a perk for being Latitudes members) that I am now lost. I am not trying to be greedy, but at the same time I would like to get what was promised to me (or what has been promised to others since I booked).

What is the best way to proceed, or is there a site that tracks what was on offer and when?

Thanks

Here is the thing I booked back in January to take the Gem out of Venice on June 5th. I know there was an offer of an "on board credit" (OBC) when we booked. My cruise docs arrived this week but there was no mention of my OBC or the coupon booklet I was promised. When I called NCL, they asked "what were you promised" (for OBC).

I honestly don't recall, I just ass-u-me-d that they look after that! My problem now is that there are so many deals and changes (we have sailed with NCL twice before so we got a perk for being Latitudes members) that I am now lost. I am not trying to be greedy, but at the same time I would like to get what was promised to me (or what has been promised to others since I booked).

What is the best way to proceed, or is there a site that tracks what was on offer and when?

Thanks

Did you book though NCL or a travel agent? You should have gotten an invoice that would have listed your OBC. As for the coupon book, don't worry, it really isn't worth too much anyway.. As getting a perk for being latitude, no, sometimes you will get an upgrade or something but that depends on the particular sailing, it doesn' always apply. i don't know what else to tell you.

Nita

Thanks

The OBC that you received should have been listed on your confirmation email. Hope you figure it out (and I probably would have told the NCL rep that I was promised $500 OBC per person:rolleyes:).

I probably would have told the NCL rep that I was promised $500 OBC per person:rolleyes:).

LOL. No, I am not that greedy!

I booked direct through NCL and I can't really complain as they have always treated me well. Its my mistake in not taking better notes. Sadly, I have looked at all the correspondance and cannot see any mention of OBC. This is what happens when you ass-U-me!

I see by looking at Travelocity they are now offering "Up to $100". Am I unreasonable for asking for that?

Thanks for the replies

My problem now is that there are so many deals and changes

I am not sure what you meant by this sentence but if there was a price drop on your cruise between when you booked and final payment and you took advantage of the price drop that may have caused you to lose your OBC. When I booked my first cruise I had $100 OBC and my NCL PCC had told me to watch for any price drops and let her know if I saw one. The price dropped $75 pp and I called her and she told me that by taking the price drop I was actually canceling the one cruise I had and rebooking to get the lower price and because the OBC special was over I would lose my OBC. Which was okay by me because I was saving $150 verus the $100 OBC so I came out $50 ahead. I don't know if this is what happen to you but just an idea.

Thanks

Your documentation will not mention the OBC. OBCs are listed in what is called an ammenity confirmation. You should call your PCC at NCL and ask that they send you your ammenity confirmation by email.

OP.. I have no way to help you.. but I did want to say I do not think you are being greedy for wanting what was offered to you. As someone else did say though, if you changed your reservation (took advantage of a lower rate at some point) you do lose the previous promotions. Unfortunately NCL is not very forthcoming with that information when you do take advantage of rates being lowered.. if indeed that is what happened in your case. 8-)

When we booked there was an up to $100 credit as well. We received $15 for our interior cabin. I think it was $25 for an ocean view, $50 for balcony, and $100 for suites.

Good luck getting it. I always have my TA double check my credits since they do sometimes get lost when the cruise line has "computer problems."

I did not see my credit anywhere on my NCL paperwork, but my TA verified it for me and it was there when we got our final paperwork. $15 wasn't much, but it was at least something. The funny thing was, on our final paperwork, there was a $7.50 credit for DH and another for me. It seemed like a strange amount when divided by two.:rolleyes:

Thanks

For our most recent cruise (late Feb.) you had to print the coupon book yourself if you wanted it. There was a link in the edocs for the coupon booklet.

Despite what some other posters have said, the OBC for the cruise we currently have on deposit is clearly stated on the confirmation that was emailed to us by NCL immediately after we booked and paid our deposit. I don't know whether this is a relatively new addition to the confirmation and wouldn't appear on an older one, but it is printed on ours.

Some people onboard will have an OBC. Some will not. It is just part of the whole pricing thing.

An example of what the cabins near you pay have paid.

Cabin A : 2,000, no OBC

Cabin B : 1,800, $200 per cabin OBC

Cabin C : 1,950, $50 per cabin OBC

Which person got the better deal?

Whatever you do, make sure when you get on board to check your OBC amount with the reception desk. My invoice from my TA clearly shows a $125 OBC and NCL took it upon themselves to change me to a $50 OBC group. A month after I booked (9 months before sailing) I received this OBC through a price drop that reduced the price of my room and gave me the $125 OBC and had it all in writing. Unfortunately I waited until the night before disembarkation to check my billing statement and NCL refused to correct the mistake despite it showing on my final paid invoice. I am still working with my TA, who is working with NCL, who is "investigating" what happened, so I can get the remaining $75.

Despite what some other posters have said, the OBC for the cruise we currently have on deposit is clearly stated on the confirmation that was emailed to us by NCL immediately after we booked and paid our deposit. I don't know whether this is a relatively new addition to the confirmation and wouldn't appear on an older one, but it is printed on ours.

Our $300 OBC is also clearly stated on our "Confirmation - Guest Copy" emailed to me immediaely after booking.

Some people onboard will have an OBC. Some will not. It is just part of the whole pricing thing.

An example of what the cabins near you pay have paid.

Cabin A : 2,000, no OBC

Cabin B : 1,800, $200 per cabin OBC

Cabin C : 1,950, $50 per cabin OBC

Which person got the better deal?

Clearly Cabin B did, since they only had to pay $1800 AND they get $200 OBC! :p

Archived