takeout food?

erdoran

I imagine if comes on a plate and you don't want to sit and eat it in the bar (or wherever) or at the crowded buffet dining area of course you can 'take it away'

I wouldn't actually attempt this if I was sitting in any of the Dining Rooms though, it might be a bit tacky. For that situation call room service.

I know no one knows about the Epic yet, but for precedent--can you get takeout food (I've heard the wings are great!) from Blue Lagoon or other casual restaurants?

you really can take almost anything you want back to your cabin. Yes, the wings are one of the best things on the Blue Lagoon menu, followed by fish and chips and the soup.

Nita

On the Gem we were given a hard time about taking food out of the Blue Lagoon and were told we had to call room service to order.

I think it might have had to do with us carrying plates of uncovered food through the ship to our cabins??

Undeterred, we still went there and ordered all kinds of food (some of which we ate on the spot) that we then brought back to the cabins for our DHs and my perfect grandson ;)

Seriously, BL does have some of the best food on the ship ~ the chicken tenders are better than any you will find anywhere else including room service; tomato soup = yummy as are the PBJ sandwiches and of course the chicken wings. I think we ate at this particular restaurant more than any other

I think it might have had to do with us carrying plates of uncovered food through the ship to our cabins??

;)

Seriously, BL does have some of the best food on the ship ~ the chicken tenders

our plates were always covered....

BL was a nightly stop for chicken tenders, wings, fries, chef salad....we will miss it on our next voyage:(

I know of many who have taken food from Blue Lagoon with no problems, even the main dining room. Last week one of the group we were with ordered steak for dinner in the dining room and decided she wasn't hungry, the server brought her a cover for the plate so she could take it back to her cabin. (she likes cold steak, don't ask) LOL

Nita

On the Gem we were given a hard time about taking food out of the Blue Lagoon and were told we had to call room service to order.

Us too. I was then told that the wait for room service would be horrific (they really wanted me to eat in the restaurant apparently!). I went ahead and gave them my cabin number and told them to go ahead and deliver the wings.

They arrived in less than 10 minutes...:rolleyes:

Yes we ordered fish and chips to go in person for DD who was staying in cabin due to sunburn. It came on a covered plate complete with cutlery, napkin, salt and pepper! She assured us it was delicious:p

Us too. I was then told that the wait for room service would be horrific (they really wanted me to eat in the restaurant apparently!). I went ahead and gave them my cabin number and told them to go ahead and deliver the wings.

They arrived in less than 10 minutes...:rolleyes:

It seems the Gem has a different attitude about lots of things...

Nita

I imagine if comes on a plate and you don't want to sit and eat it in the bar (or wherever) or at the crowded buffet dining area of course you can 'take it away'

I wouldn't actually attempt this if I was sitting in any of the Dining Rooms though, it might be a bit tacky. For that situation call room service.

The Blue Lagoon IS a dining room, although a small one. I wish there was one on the Sun for our 'long' cruise. I loved the one on the Jewel.

The Blue Lagoon IS a dining room, although a small one. I wish there was one on the Sun for our 'long' cruise. I loved the one on the Jewel.

NMlady,

most of what is available in Blue Lagoon can be found in the sports bar on the Sun, plus the Sun has Las Rambles..Too bad the other ships don't have Las Rambles..Darn!!

No, the sports bar is just not the same, but better than nothing. The same as Mambos on some ships have Tapas, but not the same as Las Rambles. I guess we can't have everything, darn.

Nita

NMlady,

most of what is available in Blue Lagoon can be found in the sports bar on the Sun, plus the Sun has Las Rambles..Too bad the other ships don't have Las Rambles..Darn!!

No, the sports bar is just not the same, but better than nothing. The same as Mambos on some ships have Tapas, but not the same as Las Rambles. I guess we can't have everything, darn.

Nita

I've been on the Sun. Neither the Sports Bar not Ramblas have the same kinds of foods that the Blue Lagoon has and neither of them are table service of the kind that is in Blue Lagoon. It's comparing apples and oranges.

I've been on the Sun. Neither the Sports Bar not Ramblas have the same kinds of foods that the Blue Lagoon has and neither of them are table service of the kind that is in Blue Lagoon. It's comparing apples and oranges.

No, Las Rambles doesn't have anything like Blue Lagoon, I didn't mean to indicate that, I guess I worded it wrong. I was praising the tapas and the entire atmosphere. We have sailed them 3 times. As for the sports bar, we were able to get bufflalow wings and fish and chips. Being our two favorite things in Blue Lagoon it 1/2 way satisfied us. I certainly didn't mean for you to take what I was saying as the two were the same, just pointing out there are some options there and many people do not know about the sports bar. Either you took what I said the wrong way or I didn't make myself clear.

Nita

I have spent 29 days on the Sun and

I never had a problem getting service in the Sports Bar on the Sun for

Blue Lagoon type menu food--in fact they have a menu just like the Blue Lagoons-- fish and chips, cheese cake, chili dogs , soup etc ==so what are u talking about-- the ambiance was nice with great seats and tables--also booths--with an ocean view. The food was served by a server who got you anything needed.

Big Green

I have spent 29 days on the Sun and

I never had a problem getting service in the Sports Bar on the Sun for

Blue Lagoon type menu food--in fact they have a menu just like the Blue Lagoons-- fish and chips, cheese cake, chili dogs , soup etc ==so what are u talking about-- the ambiance was nice with great seats and tables--also booths--with an ocean view. The food was served by a server who got you anything needed. Big Green

Hey Big Green anything else you can write about the Sun? When did you sail her and her itinerary. I am dying to hear some recent stuff about her. Did she seem kind of worn and tattered? How did the 'cutbacks' seem to you? Come over to our roll call for the Sun Transatlantic sailing Oct 4 and put down some of your impressions please.

Archived