4th of July & World Cup Soccer

WNT

We will be in Bermuda with the CB on the 4th of July, as well as sailing during World Cup Soccer. Does anyone have any idea how Princess might celebrate the 4th (fireworks?), and do you think the soccer games might be projected on MUTS?

Just curious!

We will be in Bermuda with the CB on the 4th of July, as well as sailing during World Cup Soccer. Does anyone have any idea how Princess might celebrate the 4th (fireworks?), and do you think the soccer games might be projected on MUTS?

Just curious!

We have been on Princess cruises over Thanksgiving and Christmas before, and they do decorate the ship and have special events for those. I would guess they will have some decoration for the 4th of July as well, but I doubt they would have any fireworks on the ship because of the possibility of a fire as a result if something goes wrong. Would they organize some kind of fireworks on the island to be seen from the ship, maybe.

As far as the world cup, it will likely be on in your stateroom or perhaps some of the TV's in the bars, and possibly MUTS. We have seen events such as NCAA March Madness, NFL games/playoffs on MUTS, so it is possible. They will have that information in the patter if they are showing any of the matches.

Mike

We were on the Caribbean Princess last 4th of July. The ship was decorated in red/white/blue and there was a very impressive display set up in the Piazza/Atrium.

3729584295_0c8647138d.jpg

3729582341_97d337d01b.jpg

3729590901_f3533901b5.jpg

3730390474_e3a76f68cc.jpg

Oh, and you better believe that they'll be broadcasting the World Cup. It IS the biggest sporting event in the world next to the Olympics.

I remember being on the Sea Princess going around the UK during the last World Cup and the games were broadcast on the MUTS screen. It was really cool to be out on deck, wrapped up in blankets in the evenings, watching the games on this massive screen over the pool. The final was shown as well, and was also in the lounges on certain TV's. I remember the sports bar having it on the plasma TV's and a group of us staked out our spot on the counches and were just glued to the screen for the entire match, including overtime.

This summer we'll be on the Celebrity Eciipse and I am hoping and expecting they will broadcast the final game live as well on the ship. Nothing like watching it with a crowd of similarly minded people.

I am sure Princess will broadcast the matches! The only thing you need to factor in is the time change between where you are and South Africa, where the Cup is taking place.

Just curious!

Just a quick education lesson here lol

its the football world cup not soccer

Quote" I remember the sports bar having it on the plasma TV's and a group of us staked out our spot on the counches and were just glued to the screen for the entire match, including overtime.

Its extra time not overtime .....

Just a quick education lesson here lol

its the football world cup not soccer

Quote" I remember the sports bar having it on the plasma TV's and a group of us staked out our spot on the counches and were just glued to the screen for the entire match, including overtime.

Its extra time not overtime .....

After 20 years of living in the US, much of my Britishness has become merged with a little bit of American.

But is it really necessary to nit pick posts apart just to show people up??? Does it really matter if it's overtime or extra time?? Americans call it soccer, Brits call it football... Again, does it REALLY matter what terms are used????

Different cruise line, but 4 years ago we were on a Carinval ship during the World Cup and Stanley Cup finals. The games were televised on the small cabin TVs. However, it was quite an experience sitting in the ship's sports bar watching a game between Ecuador and (I think) Germany. There were citizens from both countries there and it was quite an experience, even though it was 11 AM and that bar wasn't even open.

Later in the cruise, the Canadian CD opened a small theater for a large screen showing of game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. That event had a bar and the CD had many munchies delivered. Again, watching with a large group of Canadians was quite an experience.

We were watching qualifiers in sport bar on Caribbean Princess. Nice place to see sporting events.

To bad our husbands made us return earlier from our wonderful drive around Antigua just to see Ukraine lose to Greece. :mad::D We brought food from the buffet, ordered drinks and had fun.

WNT

I have tweeted back and forth with Princess about the World Cup. We are sailing on the Emerald in late June. So far, all they keep saying is "we're working on it."

We sailed on the Crown (its second sail) in June 2006 -- that's when we discovered the fun of watching the cup on the Caribbean ocean! My husband is a soccer nut. I fear that if they don't show it, he may not ever forgive Princess...

Keeping fingers crossed!:rolleyes:

After 20 years of living in the US, much of my Britishness has become merged with a little bit of American.

But is it really necessary to nit pick posts apart just to show people up??? Does it really matter if it's overtime or extra time?? Americans call it soccer, Brits call it football... Again, does it REALLY matter what terms are used????

I agree the last thing we need is another lesson.

Archived