Final Day - when do they kick you off?

Bert64

This is the first time in over 10 years that our flight back home is late, and I can't remember how long before they tell us "final call" and kick us off? We're supposed to be back to the Port of Miami at 8am, so that would make last call what, 10:30 or 11am? I'm surely gonna enjoy not needing to rush around and stand in those long lines to get off for once! :D

Also, how late do they serve breakfast on the final day? Thanks!

They will "kick" you off ASAP--they want the ship emptied to prepare for the next batch of vacationers....you'll most likely be off the ship before 10am.

Breakfast is usually a bit earlier on departure day than the rest of the cruise.

You need to be out of your cabin by 8am. Head on up to the Lido deck and get some breakfast. They usually kick me off the ship around 9:30 or so. hahaha I never want to leave but they make you go eventually.

When you attempt to be the last one off, just think about those of us waiting to board. I have found that to be a good motivator to get moving on the final morning.

The time is lost in the ship getting clearance to debark and getting the pax started off the ship. Once the "I MUST be the first one off," crowd is gone and that bottleneck opens up, the ship empties at a constant pace. So those of us waiting till the last moment do not hold anyone up waiting to board.

Not to be confused with some ahole that is trying to not be debarked. They are a pox on society!!:D

I'm not looking to stay on til noon...I'm just happy not to be needing to get up at the crack of dawn and be herded off in the masses because we have a flight to catch. But thanks to the couple helpful responses...I guess we'll leave our cabin around 8 and head up for breakfast and leave after that!

They asked us to be out by 8:30 on fascination.

Breakfast was being served from seat down dining room was from 6 - 8:30 I think, and lido buffet breakfast was open till 9:30

After leaving room you were asked to wait in the palace theater or lido deck till your group was called for.

I did love the Jaxport, we were in the palace theater and once our group was called it took maybe 10 minutes till we were in the car leaving.

The truely sad day was the night before when we came back from dinner and the brown luggage mat was on the bed. I scolded our steward for that (I'm kidding he was great and was tipped real well for his work).

When debarking from Long Beach, I self-debark and usually try to be one of the first off so I can "save the day", so-to-speak (live 40 minutes from the port).:)

When I'm on the East coast, I always have a late night flight back to So Cal, so I'm in no hurry and walk off (around 10:00-10:30)without incident whenever the "mob" has vacated the ship. :D

I have stayed in my room until as late as 9am. I do however usually (in my case , all but one cruise) tip the room attendant extra the last night, so they have never been pushy about my getting out. But I would not stay longer than that even if I could, as I know they have to get the rooms ready for the next sailing.

On Carnival, I usually have room service breakfast last morning, and really like that you can do that. I have heard that you cant do that on some cruiselines. So I just try to have as much a leisurely morning as possible, because, for me, there is always that air travel to home same day.

The longer I can stay in my room the better for me, and once I leave the room, I go to an area to wait for my zone to be called, and that is usually no later than 9.30am.:)

Last week on the Destiny our room steward knocked on the door at 7:30 and then just opened it up and told us we had to be up and out soon. He was not my favorite steward by a stretch but that is a whole other story!

that is why I like to order room service, and I usually order it as late as possible. I think they will deliver it as late as 8.am, but not sure on that. I usually get the room service for 7.30am, so I know that you can get it that late.

Last week on the Destiny our room steward knocked on the door at 7:30 and then just opened it up and told us we had to be up and out soon. He was not my favorite steward by a stretch but that is a whole other story!

Wow, rude!! I'd have been livid, particularly had that been our room of kids.

that is why I like to order room service, and I usually order it as late as possible. I think they will deliver it as late as 8.am, but not sure on that. I usually get the room service for 7.30am, so I know that you can get it that late.

Thanks for the suggestion on room service...I had not even thought about that and will definitely look into it!

This is certainly not the norm, and even being even tempted, I would have had a word with this steward.

We have left the ships as late as 10:30 a.m. but Carnival does rush its passengers off the ships a little quicker than they do on HAL. Still enjoy both cruise lines.

We're not in any rush either. We have a 6:00 flight home. Maybe we'll take a south beach excursion that last day to kill time. It says it leaves you off at FLL, which is where we're flying home from.

Room service on debarkation day is NOT available on all Carnival ships. We just sailed "Miracle", and it was Not available on that ship. Perhaps they're changing the rules about breakfast on debarkation day???

"SKY"

I have heard from a few cruisers lately that they have been asked to leave by 9:00 AM as with new people coming as early as 10:30 now and it only leaves 1 1/2 hours to things done. What would you prefer - to be able to disembark later or embark earlier - we can't have it both ways. Myself I don't mind if I am not on the ship before 1:30 or so as my holiday starts when I walk out my front door - not when I board the ship. I have had great times exploring the port city before boarding. But then I am from the Great White North and any temperature over -30 is a bonus no matter where it is.

This is the first time in over 10 years that our flight back home is late, and I can't remember how long before they tell us "final call" and kick us off? We're supposed to be back to the Port of Miami at 8am, so that would make last call what, 10:30 or 11am? I'm surely gonna enjoy not needing to rush around and stand in those long lines to get off for once! :D

Also, how late do they serve breakfast on the final day? Thanks!

They will likely have you off before then. Typically people start arriving at the port to check in at 11am, so stewards and staff need time to turn things around for next group. Boy I really do not envy the crew on those ships. They work so hard!

I have heard from a few cruisers lately that they have been asked to leave by 9:00 AM as with new people coming as early as 10:30 now and it only leaves 1 1/2 hours to things done. What would you prefer - to be able to disembark later or embark earlier - we can't have it both ways. Myself I don't mind if I am not on the ship before 1:30 or so as my holiday starts when I walk out my front door - not when I board the ship. I have had great times exploring the port city before boarding. But then I am from the Great White North and any temperature over -30 is a bonus no matter where it is.

That's what I don't get though about people that get to the port at like 9 in the morning when the ship doesn't even arrive until 8 or so. I think I'd rather them let us sleep in a little and not be hurried off the ship on our final morning instead of letting people get on by 10 or 11. I guess it's more money for Carnival though to get them on ASAP and start buying drinks. We're no good to them on the last day:p

On my last cruise using Miami on a B2B on the Destiny they had the ship cleared of passangers by 10:15. The reason I remember is the people doing the B2B could not walk down to customs until the ship was empty.....Then we walked right back on the ship and had bloody marys....

Archived