Lunch on Embarkation Day

Donh44

I was wondering myself about the food the first day. I wasn't sure if we should get a bite to eat before heading to the dock or not. I don't want to be starving and waiting in line for hours only to find out the food isn't going to be served until later.

The buffet will be open but I always enjoyed the civilized option of a sit-down lunch in the diningroom, away from the crowds- it's one of the things that has set NCL apart from the three lines we've sailed.

Hope we still have that option on the Epic - maybe the main diningroom will be open only for lunch the first day?

Hey, just about two weeks till I find out for myself :)

I agree, the earlier the better. We are also arriving in Miami three days beforehand. Husband is a teacher so he has already been home for weeks this summer, myself, I will be working up to the last day. I need several days to unwind and we are staying at the new EPIC hotel in Miami and will get a beautiful view of the ship as it comes into port. We sail August 21st, 2010.

The buffet will be open but I always enjoyed the civilized option of a sit-down lunch in the diningroom, away from the crowds- it's one of the things that has set NCL apart from the three lines we've sailed.

Hope we still have that option on the Epic - maybe the main diningroom will be open only for lunch the first day?

Hey, just about two weeks till I find out for myself :)

At a minmum the Garden Cafe, Great Outdoors, O'Sheehans, and Taste should be open for lunch when you board. Now if you board late Taste may be done serving a sit down lunch.

I'm planning on buying a spa pass asap after boarding. I've heard different thoughts about where they will be sold--spa desk or atrium....any guesses? Is the spa desk even open when we board?

I'm planning on buying a spa pass asap after boarding. I've heard different thoughts about where they will be sold--spa desk or atrium....any guesses? Is the spa desk even open when we board?

Sps desk should be open when you board and they will also be conducting free tours. Excellent chance for those not planning to buy a pass to see the spa.

After reading all the posts here, it appears the early arrival is best. I am now thinking about swimming out into the middle of the shipping lane and waiving my E-Ticket and passport. Do you think they might stop and pick me up?

Richard, I would like to see that!

Our plan of action:

1. get on the ship

2. try not to get lost

3. get a drink..most likely will be to early to go to our cabin.

4. try not to get lost

5. then find food.

6. then find our cabin...and not get lost

However i am sure they will let you know where you can go to get food once you are on board..I dont think we will have any problems being fed.

Bon Voyage!!

Our plan of action:

1. get on the ship

2. try not to get lost

4. try not to get lost

5. then find food.

I laughed out loud on that one. :D I'm right there with ya.

I laughed out loud on that one. :D I'm right there with ya.

Since you are on the 9-11 like us...dont get mad if we bump into you as we walk around like little kids..getting lost..lol

You're on the 9/11 cruise? Are you on the roll call? If not, join in. :D

I've been there a few times...I am over here more though.. Kind of the jump on check to see whats up and then back to work making calls.

We'll be over in Miami 4 days before we set sail as we're flying over from the UK! We will be at the dock early, always have done as I am going to be mega excited to get on board a new ship! I don't care if the room isn't ready when we board as we'll just want to walk round and see everything there is to see!

This is my first NCL cruise. Other ships that I have been on had buffet lunch going on the Lido deck all afternoon before sailaway. Will there be anything like this on EPIC? I am going to be pretty hungry after travelling from early am to get to the port.

They always have a BBQ poolside and a sail away party

thanks for the info erlec, cymberle, intrepid-guy and rickinnyc. I will plan to get in line around 11 am or 11:30am on embarkation day. I'd really like to take advantage of some of the amenities on the day we sail and get oriented with the ship. It would be nice to get lunch immediately upon boarding - then having many adult beverages! Or, i suppose my first order of business upon boarding should be the adult beverage - then lunch...:rolleyes:

you got that right !!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Our plan of action:

1. get on the ship

2. try not to get lost

4. try not to get lost

5. then find food.

However i am sure they will let you know where you can go to get food once you are on board..I dont think we will have any problems being fed.

Bon Voyage!!

Getting lost is a given for me. I've never yet--even during a 10-day cruise--NOT gotten confused several times! Dawn, Spirit, Gem--always get lost a number of times. :confused: I can only imagine how I'll deal with the Epic (in TWO WEEKS YAY). My DH may have to equip me with a GPS so he can keep track of me!:eek:

Archived