Manhattan or Red Hook

7nucruzers

We are sailing on Carib Princess on 8/7/10. The itinerary on the Princess' website says it is leaving from "New York City (Manhattan or Brooklyn). When will they decide??? Everything I've read on these boards indicates it usually sails out of Brooklyn. Anyone know???

We are sailing on Carib Princess on 8/7/10. The itinerary on the Princess' website says it is leaving from "New York City (Manhattan or Brooklyn). When will they decide??? Everything I've read on these boards indicates it usually sails out of Brooklyn. Anyone know???

Brooklyn

We will be sailing on the Caribbean Princess June 23rd sailing and have sailed with her twice before, it is definitely in Brooklyn, NY Red Hook, wonderful place you are looking right at the Statue of Liberty, google Port Brooklyn, NY for further info. once you get to Brooklyn, follow signs, The embarkation is much less frantic than NYC Port of New York, we take our car and just park for a fee but whatever means you arrive it is much calmer. Hope this info. helps sure you will get much more info. from Princess nearer to sailing

Just got out My printed Eboarding pass to take a look even though the embarkation says New York New York, USA for the June 23rd sailing it lists EMBARKATION PIER

Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, also says check in 1:00 - 4:00pm Sailing 5:00PM so when you get your boarding pass eticketed look it over carefully for full details

Just got out My printed Eboarding pass to take a look even though the embarkation says New York New York, USA for the June 23rd sailing it lists EMBARKATION PIER

Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, also says check in 1:00 - 4:00pm Sailing 5:00PM so when you get your boarding pass eticketed look it over carefully for full details

I also assume our 8/21/10 cruise is leaving from Red Hook but will check and double check.

Question, I thought that you must board 90 minutes prior to sailing in order to fulfill TSA requirements? Perhaps it's an hour? Also, I've heard of many who say they board at 11:30 a.m. How realistic is it to arrive for an 11:30 a.m. boarding (barring any reason the ship might be delayed or have to be steam cleaned)? :confused: I'd much rather board early and get my full day of ship fun!

I also assume our 8/21/10 cruise is leaving from Red Hook but will check and double check.

Question, I thought that you must board 90 minutes prior to sailing in order to fulfill TSA requirements? Perhaps it's an hour? Also, I've heard of many who say they board at 11:30 a.m. How realistic is it to arrive for an 11:30 a.m. boarding (barring any reason the ship might be delayed or have to be steam cleaned)? :confused: I'd much rather board early and get my full day of ship fun!

Last week, I spoke with Princess directly about this very issue for our upcoming cruise out of NY (Brooklyn). I was told Priority Boarding will begin around 11 AM followed by General Boarding about a 1/2 to an hour later. So, 11:30 AM is a good estimate of the earliest you will be able to board assuming you don't have Priority Boarding.

OneStarTattoo, Wish you were onboard but on the 23rd know a Lady from Jersey will give you a wave, heck, I'll even have a drink but you're Lucky you get to live so near the Greatest City!!

As far as boarding we will arrive about 11:30, even if there is a short wait the Port is more fun than just hanging around waiting to go, it's fun to see all the excitement!!!

Assuming that the Caribbean Princess' New England cruises depart and return to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, how long does it take to reach LaGuardia airport? I'm wondering how early I can book my return flight home. Is it best to purchase a Princess airport transfer (for 2 people), take a taxi or reserve a town car to get to the airport????

Manhattan is sometimes used when Princess stops in NY during an iteniary stop. Which the Crown does enroute to/from Quebec.

Unfortunately, last year on our Crown cruise, we docked in Brooklyn (when it was an itinerary stop). We had all hoped it would be Manhattan. FYI - they have very few excursions if you have NYC as a stop - it is best to arrange something in advance privately.

Assuming that the Caribbean Princess' New England cruises depart and return to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, how long does it take to reach LaGuardia airport? I'm wondering how early I can book my return flight home. Is it best to purchase a Princess airport transfer (for 2 people), take a taxi or reserve a town car to get to the airport????

20 minutes or so on a weekend with no rush hour traffic. Could be up to an hour or more during rush hour. Give yourself enough time. In NYC, anything can happen on the roads and you don't want to stress about missing your flight.

I always arrive as early as I can. It is certainly part of your paid vacation. It's a great time to tour the ship while it's less crowded. You can also make reservations to restaurants, spa, Sanctuary, etc..

Enjoy!

20 minutes or so on a weekend with no rush hour traffic. Could be up to an hour or more during rush hour. Give yourself enough time. In NYC, anything can happen on the roads and you don't want to stress about missing your flight.

Hello,

I wonder if you can help me: I am arriving at New York Penn Station via train Thursday, May 27, cruising Caribbean Princess. How long and about how much will it cost to get to the ship in Brooklyn (Red Hook)?? Is there a cab service I can call ahead of time that you or anyone out there would recommend from New York Penn Station or Newark Airport to Red Hook??? I plan on arriving at the NY station around 10:30AM. How difficult is it to navigate around New York Penn Station??

Thank you so very much,

NewJersey222:)

Unfortunately, last year on our Crown cruise, we docked in Brooklyn (when it was an itinerary stop). We had all hoped it would be Manhattan. FYI - they have very few excursions if you have NYC as a stop - it is best to arrange something in advance privately.

Its better to set something up on your own anyway.

Hello,

I wonder if you can help me: I am arriving at New York Penn Station via train Thursday, May 27, cruising Caribbean Princess. How long and about how much will it cost to get to the ship in Brooklyn (Red Hook)?? Is there a cab service I can call ahead of time that you or anyone out there would recommend from New York Penn Station or Newark Airport to Red Hook??? I plan on arriving at the NY station around 10:30AM. How difficult is it to navigate around New York Penn Station??

Thank you so very much,

You can never predict traffic in NYC, but I would give myself a good hour to get from Penn Station to the pier in Red Hook. It probably won't take that long, but I'd rather not make myself anxious. As for cost, that also will depend on traffic and your driver...but figure about $30-35. plus tip and tolls. Cabs are readily available at all hours on the 7th or 8th Avenue sides of Penn Station, as well as in the middle(upstairs.) There are signs everywhere in the station, so just look for them. There are also information booths, if you need one. The police that patrol there may also answer a question for you. Just make sure you NEVER leave your bags unattended or out of your sight. Always be on your guard...after all, you are in a city. I spent many hours in Penn Station when I was working, so I learned to be cautious. See you on board!;)

Hello,

Thank you so very much,

Ok, I will try my best to help you, but others who have come from outside of NYC might have better info. One suggestion is that if you are inquiring about Newark, look into if Princess offers transfers from there. They may not being that it is quite a way from Brooklyn. If they do, that is a great reliable option.

If you go with a car service, I am not familiar with NJ car services. Perhaps someone on the ports of call boards or a Google search will help you get a good car service.

As for from Penn Station; Penn Station is Mid-town. You will have an over abundance of yellow cabs at any time you want. Really no need to call a car service. It will take about 1 hour taking traffic and other delays into account. My guess is a cab will be about 45 or 50 bucks.

Hope this helps,

Freddie

Ok, I will try my best to help you, but others who have come from outside of NYC might have better info. One suggestion is that if you are inquiring about Newark, look into if Princess offers transfers from there. They may not being that it is quite a way from Brooklyn. If they do, that is a great reliable option.

If you go with a car service, I am not familiar with NJ car services. Perhaps someone on the ports of call boards or a Google search will help you get a good car service.

As for from Penn Station; Penn Station is Mid-town. You will have an over abundance of yellow cabs at any time you want. Really no need to call a car service. It will take about 1 hour taking traffic and other delays into account. My guess is a cab will be about 45 or 50 bucks.

Hope this helps,

Freddie

Thank you, Freddie. This is a help. $50.00!! Yikes!! It is too late to request a Transfer from Newark Airport.

Thank you again for your input.

NewJersey222

Marie:)

Thank you, Freddie. This is a help. $50.00!! Yikes!! It is too late to request a Transfer from Newark Airport.

Thank you again for your input.

NewJersey222

Marie:)

I'd definitely do the transfer to Newark and it's cheaper :D.

We got in last week on the repositioning cruise and thankfully DH was there to pick us up and didn't get lost but if your thinking of taking the train take the transfer.

I'd definitely do the transfer to Newark and it's cheaper :D.

We got in last week on the repositioning cruise and thankfully DH was there to pick us up and didn't get lost but if your thinking of taking the train take the transfer.

Hello Debbie,

I can not get a Transfer from Princess. You have to request them 14 days ahead of your cruise.

Thanks,

Marie

You can never predict traffic in NYC, but I would give myself a good hour to get from Penn Station to the pier in Red Hook. It probably won't take that long, but I'd rather not make myself anxious. As for cost, that also will depend on traffic and your driver...but figure about $30-35. plus tip and tolls. Cabs are readily available at all hours on the 7th or 8th Avenue sides of Penn Station, as well as in the middle(upstairs.) There are signs everywhere in the station, so just look for them. There are also information booths, if you need one. The police that patrol there may also answer a question for you. Just make sure you NEVER leave your bags unattended or out of your sight. Always be on your guard...after all, you are in a city. I spent many hours in Penn Station when I was working, so I learned to be cautious. See you on board!;)

Thank you very much, TVAUD, Philly!!

See you on the ship.... I just told my boss, I am already on the ship!!!

Regards,

NewJersey222

Marie:D

Archived