Labadee

shensadie5

Yes you can get back to the ship easily, but I can not imagine you not having a good time. With all of the additions there is truely something for everyone. We were there last year and will be back in November and we can't wait.

I hope you have a good time.

Have read several lukewarm posts about Labadee. Can we easily get back to the ship if we don't like it? Also, we have a zipline time around 11:30. What does this mean?

I think when you see Labadee you might disagree with those "lukewarm" reviews..The ship is docked and you can come and go as many times as you want to..Give yourself enough time to get to and meet up for the zipline (the jeep ride up there is half the fun) ..you will be given info with your tickets which will be in your cabin when you first get onboard..Enjoy Labadee..I know you will...:D

Now that they've built an actual pier, just walk on and off whenever you want...can't get any easier than that!

If it says your zipline time is 11:30, be there about 11:15 (I hate to be late!!!) I would assume that means you booked the zipline!

I think when you see Labadee you might disagree with those "lukewarm" reviews..The ship is docked and you can come and go as many times as you want to..Give yourself enough time to get to and meet up for the zipline (the jeep ride up there is half the fun) ..you will be given info with your tickets which will be in your cabin when you first get onboard..Enjoy Labadee..I know you will...:D

How much did it cost to do the zip-line? I would love to do this! I picture the jeep ride as being scary. Their driving leaves a lot to be desired:eek: How long is the jeep ride going to be? For the zip lines is it just one straight line from on top of a mountain or a series of 7 or 8 smaller ones? I have zip-lined once and love it. This one looks beautiful. I guess I better go on-line and see if I can pre-book this before it's sold out. Do the operators have the people moving fast in the lines waiting to get on? I don't really want to wait in a 2 hour line or something like that to do it. Thanks for your input!:)

How much did it cost to do the zip-line? I would love to do this! I picture the jeep ride as being scary. Their driving leaves a lot to be desired:eek: How long is the jeep ride going to be? For the zip lines is it just one straight line from on top of a mountain or a series of 7 or 8 smaller ones? I have zip-lined once and love it. This one looks beautiful. I guess I better go on-line and see if I can pre-book this before it's sold out. Do the operators have the people moving fast in the lines waiting to get on? I don't really want to wait in a 2 hour line or something like that to do it. Thanks for your input!:)

I don't know the price, but, I can tell you from reading and watching some videos on YouTube, this is one single zipline, but it is billed as the longest "over water" zipline. Look for zipline labadee on YouTube and you'll get a great idea of it.

Alan

How much did it cost to do the zip-line? I would love to do this! I picture the jeep ride as beinreag scary. Their driving leaves a lot to be desired:eek: How long is the jeep ride going to be? For the zip lines is it just one straight line from on top of a mountain or a series of 7 or 8 smaller ones? I have zip-lined once and love it. This one looks beautiful. I guess I better go on-line and see if I can pre-book this before it's sold out. Do the operators have the people moving fast in the lines waiting to get on? I don't really want to wait in a 2 hour line or something like that to do it. Thanks for your input!:)

i think i read it was around $85

at the risk of being slammed I'll slide my opinion of Labadee here . . .

visited just recently via FOS and yes they have now matched Disney's once heavily toughted "you can walk ashore" ... and that IS nice

I sat on the beach and watched the coaster and zip lines for a while. I wouldn't worry about signing up in advance, they were NOT very busy. It was common for 15 to 20 minutes to pass between seeing a rider. We signed up for a waverunner trip in the afternoon as a walkup ... NO PROBLEM.

ZIPline has 4 lines as I recall ... and it is one line from top to bottom. I ruffly timed it as 40 seconds. (not including the baby zipline you ride first which is on the beach for about 50 yards)

I had two BIG disappointments:

1. I asked where I could get some water (there were warnings on the ship to NOT drink tap water in Lab'). NO WATER unless you buy bottled water. Yes lunch had some tea and "bug juice/koolade" but if you want a drink of water get out your card...

2. Food service ended WAY TOO EARLY. I headed up to get lunch around 1 and they were cleaning up. I saw many people standng around waiting for food stations to be refilled but I asked and they were closing . . . no one was telling those who were waiting. I've been to a number of private islands and never had this problem b4.

Slam me for a comparison to Disney but RCL and Labadee has a LONG WAY TO GO to get close to this one.

Ok I did the zipline on Friday Jun 4th off Liberty of the Seas. The cost is $85. I had the 11:30 time. You will meet in one of the lounges on ship at 10:30 to sign the waivers and take roll call. RCL reps will then walk you off the ship and to the Dragons Breath Pub to get harnessed up and give you a pre-briefing of what to expect. You then walk over to a practice line that is about 100 to 200 ft long. It's kinda fun but no big deal. You go in groups of about 30 and the line moves fast over 3 lines.

Next you board multi-passenger land rovers for a 5 minute ride up to Dragons Breath. It's a smooth ride and not rough at all.

There are 5 lines on Dragon's Breath and the group moves through them relatively fast. From meeting on the ship till finishing up took about an hour and 50 minutes.

Here's the video of my ride on Dragon's Breath.

Ok I did the zipline on Friday Jun 4th off Liberty of the Seas. The cost is $85. I had the 11:30 time. You will meet in one of the lounges on ship at 10:30 to sign the waivers and take roll call. RCL reps will then walk you off the ship and to the Dragons Breath Pub to get harnessed up and give you a pre-briefing of what to expect. You then walk over to a practice line that is about 100 to 200 ft long. It's kinda fun but no big deal. You go in groups of about 30 and the line moves fast over 3 lines.

Next you board multi-passenger land rovers for a 5 minute ride up to Dragons Breath. It's a smooth ride and not rough at all.

There are 5 lines on Dragon's Breath and the group moves through them relatively fast. From meeting on the ship till finishing up took about an hour and 50 minutes.

Here's the video of my ride on Dragon's Breath.

We have the zipline booked and I for one am scared to death of heights. I know, I know why am I even doing this but I have decided to step out of my comfort zone. Did you ever feel unsafe and did you see anything decide not to do it at the last minute?

Thanks for answering my questions.

Doglady

Have read several lukewarm posts about Labadee. Can we easily get back to the ship if we don't like it? Also, we have a zipline time around 11:30. What does this mean?

You will be docked, so getting back on the ship will be no problem.

A zipline time around 11:30 means your group will meet at 11:30 to go to the zipline (it is up at the top of a mountain, so you will be driven there).

We have the zipline booked and I for one am scared to death of heights. I know, I know why am I even doing this but I have decided to step out of my comfort zone. Did you ever feel unsafe and did you see anything decide not to do it at the last minute?

Thanks for answering my questions.

Doglady

No. But I'm all about catching "rush". I've dove with sharks(without a cage), landed on the shortest commercial runway in the world on the side of a 100ft cliff(also in the Caribbean) and a few other crazy things. So I felt perfectly fine.

A zipline time around 11:30 means your group will meet at 11:30 to go to the zipline (it is up at the top of a mountain, so you will be driven there).

No offense but this is incorrect info. Read my previous post as to where you'll meet. 11:30 is an approximate time and they will have a roll call at least twice. Once on the ship using your excursion tics. And then again after you receive your harness.

Hello MDROBTX,

Thanks so much for posting your video about the ziplining. I have been looking at different You Tube videos to see Labadee and get a feel for it. The ziplining looks like fun and we will be doing it in September. It's nice to hear from someone that has actually experienced it.

Happy Cruising,

Labadee is a beach day..just do "beachy" things...swimming, sunning, drinking, eating....there's really no need or reason to give RCI anymore of you money! This day is included in your fare...make full use of all the "included" things!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, $85 is a bit high, but it's the novelty and 'resort' prices. I was considering it until I saw the cost. Think I'll put that $ towards a hot stone massage that lasts about an hour! ;-)

Love watching the videos.

I agree, $85 is a bit high, but it's the novelty and 'resort' prices. I was considering it until I saw the cost. Think I'll put that $ towards a hot stone massage that lasts about an hour! ;-)

Love watching the videos.

Did you know that you can get a massage ON Labadee? I think a lot of people don't know this. When we were on our Liberty sailing I found out that you can schedule a massage for while you're on Labadee. There is a secluded area up on a hillside where there are covered "huts" and the view is fantastic. There is a pathway up the hillside with signs posted saying it's a "private" area for massage customers only, so there aren't a bunch of people walking around up there. Here's the path:

DSCN0044.jpg

Here's a photo of me after mine:

DSCN0042.jpg

You can partially see the view in the background of the ocean and the other parts of the island. I've had massages on board ships before but I enjoyed this massage WAY more than any of those. It was so tranquil, being up on that hilltop, surrounded by trees & listening the the waves lapping at the beach down below you. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

How much was your massage and how long was it? Thanks

This was back in 2007 and unfortunately I have the world's worst memory... So I can't remember the amount really, but it was in line with the other spa massages. Keep in mind this is booked through the ship (through the spa). It's not like one of those ones that you just walk up on a beach and ask for a massage. I know this is awful but I can't remember if it was 30 minutes or an hour. I want to say an hour but I could be wrong. Sorry, it's times like this that I curse my bad memory. The main thing I remember from it was that it was much more relaxing than the massages I've had on board the ship. And there was NO pushy sales pitch at the end. My masseuse & I just chatted for a few minutes afterwards (and took the picture) and then I left & took a nap in a hammock. :)

• 3 weeks later...

July 20, Liberty of the Seas, was our first visit to Labadee for me and my wife. We wandered off the ship and strolled around the village-like beach town constructed by RCI on the north coast of Haiti.

We took the tram (tractor pulled open coaches) to the Adrenaline Beach area and found free lounge chairs under some shade at the edge of the beach. We watched the zipliners flying overhead from one end of the bay to the other. We stayed there for a number of hours, sunning, getting wet in the bay behind the breakwater, reading and drinking Labadoozies. RCI provided lunch was good. Very nice time.

• 2 weeks later...

i just returned off of the liberty (and already want to go back). i did the jet ski's and the beach. the jet ski tour was better than last time (which was amazing the first time), but i think the old beach they had before the dock was installed was better than the new one on the side with the zip line. the new beach was extremely rocky. don't want to scare any one, but i did see numerous people fall attempting to get out of the water, including one passanger who tore up his legs, he had to be pushed around on a wheel chair and had crutches to use after the chair. the service however was amazing, amazing labadoozies and good lunch. basically if it werent for the sharp rocky beach, labadee would be perfect.

i just returned off of the liberty (and already want to go back). i did the jet ski's and the beach. the jet ski tour was better than last time (which was amazing the first time), but i think the old beach they had before the dock was installed was better than the new one on the side with the zip line. the new beach was extremely rocky. don't want to scare any one, but i did see numerous people fall attempting to get out of the water, including one passanger who tore up his legs, he had to be pushed around on a wheel chair and had crutches to use after the chair. the service however was amazing, amazing labadoozies and good lunch. basically if it werent for the sharp rocky beach, labadee would be perfect.
If you dont mind me asking how much are the jet ski rentals?

Archived