B2B Cruisers - What Happens Inbetween?

I'm going on my first back-to-back cruise in August :D and I'm wondering what happens between the two cruises?

We were able to get the same cabin for both cruises and I understand we can leave everything in our cabin. So when we disembark, do we go through customs and then back through the terminal? Do we get new Drink and Sink - oops - Sign and Sail cards or keep the same one for both cruises? How long do we have to hang out in the waiting area - until they start boarding? Just wondering if we should head on down to South Beach and take a look around if we are going to have a lot of waiting time. :confused:

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

We meet in the atrium. Once on Conquest they processed our credit cards and gave us the new cards, then 10 minutes walked us off and back on thru customs after the rest got off.

Triumph, most disorganized port, they walked us off and deserted us. Then we had to wait for someone to come get us when we should have been relaxing up on Lido deck.

Firefly....thanks for the warning.

We have done a couple of B2B on the Fantasy from New Orleans and both were perfect.

Sounds like the Triumph does not have their act together....

We are doing a B2B on the Triumph in October. I will make sure we don't get left!!!

To the OP: In a perfect world......there will be a letter in your cabin the night before debark with instructions. They usually have you meet around 10am in the Atrium and a Purser will walk you off....through Customs and walk you right back on.

We have never had a Purser leave us at Customs...they have always stayed with us through the entire process.

Once we were back on the ship....they told us to come by the Guest Services Desk around noon....so that they can issue you the new Sail and Sign cards. Then you step over to Security to have your photo encrypted into the card.

Now IF you want the Embarkation *8 x10 picture .... you will have to ask Security to "ding" you out ... you go take the picture and then get right back on the ship. Because the photo department is never set up at 10AM...

some people don't care. Personally, we collect them....so we always get back off the ship to get the picture taken...

Btw, from 10 - noon (or whenever they start letting the new passengers on the ship) there will be a couple of hours where you can not get anything to eat.

So make sure you get breakfact etc before that!!!

Once you have your new cards, you are free to come and go as you please. So if you want to go sightsee, shop, etc., ask at Guest Services for a transit pass, so you can bypass everybody coming back onto the ship (like the crew do). EM

Once you have your new cards, you are free to come and go as you please. So if you want to go sightsee, shop, etc., ask at Guest Services for a transit pass, so you can bypass everybody coming back onto the ship (like the crew do). EM

Good tip about the Transit pass....we only leave to get our picture made....but in October...I may be tempted to run get some beignets .....

Good tip about the Transit pass....we only leave to get our picture made....but in October...I may be tempted to run get some beignets .....

I just gained two pounds thinking about beignets...On my turnaround on Splendor in Long Beach, I got off and toured Queen Mary. EM

On our B2B out of Miami.. we met around 10ish at the guest services desk and waited and finally they walked us off to customs.. said we had to fill the form.. saw the customs guy he said I dont need this form.. oh well.. turned around walked us back on... they didnt have our SS cards ready.. finally after about 20mins they let us back in the lobby area and we could goto our cabins or walk the ship.. SS cards were not ready until noon:(

I realize some people may have different experiences so I expect different answers here.

For the most part if you are on a B2B do you still have to wait until 130ish to return to your stateroom? Or do you have to wait like everyone else?

I realize some people may have different experiences so I expect different answers here.

For the most part if you are on a B2B do you still have to wait until 130ish to return to your stateroom? Or do you have to wait like everyone else?

We have done 3 B2Bs and we have always just returned to our stateroom as much as we wanted to between 10 and 1:30pm....

We have done 3 B2Bs and we have always just returned to our stateroom as much as we wanted to between 10 and 1:30pm....

We were on the Sensation in March and got on pretty early. They had all the cabin hallways blocked off until 1:30, so how did you get to your cabin? Just curious.

We were on the Sensation in March and got on pretty early. They had all the cabin hallways blocked off until 1:30, so how did you get to your cabin? Just curious.

There is always one door open on a deck, because the luggage guys are taking luggage to the cabins as soon as boarding starts.

I always respect the closed doors ... except when Im doing a B2B, I wanted to make sure my stuff was secure that I left behind to go thru customs and reboard.

Thanks for the transit pass tip! We did BTB 2 years ago on the Victory. We met at the Purser's Desk at an assigned time. They walked us through customs, handed us our new sign and sail cards and then we were back on the ship.

The doors are just closed....never locked.

Our cabin steward knew we were B2Bers.... no problem....

• 8 months later...

Archived