FOS - Special Dining Request

Appreciate any advice on my situation. I've read on some other threads recently that you can contact the dining room of your ship to request certain seating. We are a large family of 11 and wanted to make the request ahead of time; we want a certain floor and certain area. I contacted rcldining@rccl.com, however to my dismay I received a very standard response from RCCL. Does anyone have additional suggestions or insight on what I can do next? Thanks.:)

As long as everyone is booked either under the same reservation number, or the separate numbers are "linked", you'll be fine. Just check when you board to make sure that you're at one table....I know they have tables that will seat up to 12!

Don't worry...it will all be good!

I agree with CB at sea. Make sure your reservations are linked together. As you get closer to your sail date, contact the rcl dining again. We had 15 on last years cruise; they had us at two tables next to each other. When we boarded the ship my buddy and I went to MDR and spoke with the matre d'. He put all 15 of us together in corner of the dining room. I don't think you will have a problem. I am traveling with 11 next year, and I have all my reservations linked together.

In 2006 we had 19 people all linked to my booking. Wound up with two tables side by side (weird thing though - two seperate servers:confused:). Getting a group together now for October and once again, all will be linked to my booking number so that we're all on the same dining seating and table:) Did the same thing with 9 in 2007. It's super easy! We've even done it with multiple TA's involved:rolleyes:

Whenever you send an email to RC they send make the automatic response. Last time I requested table information it took over 2 weeks to get a response with information about my table. They try to get you what you want, but I think there is just one person answering the emails. You can always fix a problem once you are on-board, but with so many seated together they may not be able to fix it after boarding. Linking the reservations usually works, but I have had a cruise where it didn't work. I got it corrected, but there were only 4 of us.

I emailed RCCL with my MDR table request (table size/location) and had an email back confirming my request within 12 hours. We sail on FOS June 13th, so we're within the 30 day timeframe which may have something to do with how quickly one gets a response. I guess we'll see once we board as to whether we really get what we asked for.

Archived