Booze Smuggling Poll

pnjkeith

What is your favorite way to Smuggle Booze onboard?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite way to Smuggle Booze onboard?

• Rum Runners in Cnecked Baggage
    • Rum Runners in Your Pockets
    • Just wrap the bottle and throw in Checked Baggage
    • Listerine Bottles, Water Bottles etc.
    • Put in Wine Bottle, Reseal and carry on.
    • Mixed in with Carry on Soda

Do you smuggle? If so whats your favorite way? This is just for fun. I know lots of ways not listed, but these seem to be the most common.

I know you say the poll's just for fun, but come on, seriously? First, if I were going to "smuggle" liquor onto a ship, why would I tell anyone ON A PUBLIC FORUM my favorite methods? Second, I'm not saying you are an employee or agent of Carnival, but what's to stop such individuals from posting such polls? How could it be any simpler? Post a poll and just reel the little "fishies" in.

I'm not a huge drinker and I never even thought about concealing alcohol in my luggage for use on the ship. Mostly, I'd be afraid my bottles would break and ruin my clothes.

Anyway, when I'm on board, I buy 4 maybe 5 drinks maximum, but I notice that the more I drink the more I want to buy. So, it occurred to me that, if Carnival was truly concerned about boosting revenues, it would be in their best interest to allow customers to bring on-board at least one bottle of their favorite spirit (not just wine). Chances are they're going to drink it and want more. When you're in the middle of the ocean and you've drained that bottle, where are you going to get your next drink? The closest ship's bar! Yeehaww!!!!!:D

After reading the choices in the poll and realizing how desperate people are willing to allow themselves to go just for a small amount of alcohol, I was surprised that "any bodily orifice" wasn't one of them.

I'm not a huge drinker and I never even thought about concealing alcohol in my luggage for use on the ship. Mostly, I'd be afraid my bottles would break and ruin my clothes.

Anyway, when I'm on board, I buy 4 maybe 5 drinks maximum, but I notice that the more I drink the more I want to buy. So, it occurred to me that, if Carnival was truly concerned about boosting revenues, it would be in their best interest to allow customers to bring on-board at least one bottle of their favorite spirit (not just wine). Chances are they're going to drink it and want more. When you're in the middle of the ocean and you've drained that bottle, where are you going to get your next drink? The closest ship's bar! Yeehaww!!!!!:D

From the other 2 or 3 rum runners that were smuggled on.

From the other 2 or 3 rum runners that were smuggled on.

What exactly is a Rum Runner? If one person depletes his/her stash, I'd assume the other person(s) would have depleted whatever they brought. THEN they'd all stumble joyfully to the nearest bar to keep up that glorious buzz!

It's strange that on all the Carnival cruises I've been on (3), the bars were always packed with customers sipping away contently on their overpriced drinks.

I'm starting to believe all these "smuggling threads" really have nothing to do with people bringing alcohol on-board, and more to do with a few people trying to butt into other people's affairs. If Carnival wants to check a person's bags for contraband, that's between Carnival and that passenger. It has nothing to do with anyone else!

I refuse to believe that people bringing alcohol onto a ship lowers Carnival's bottom line and it doesn't cause them to raise their fares. Fares go up (or down) according to demand. If bar sales needed improvement, you'd see Carnival promoting drink packages or some other way of enticing on-board sales.

That is because the poll is for people who do smuggle.

Does anyone bother to read the first post in a thread anymore before they respond? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I read it and it started off with "do you smuggle and if so...". Why word it that way? Why not say "if you smuggle, which is your method" or something like that?

I refuse to believe that people bringing alcohol onto a ship lowers Carnival's bottom line and it doesn't cause them to raise their fares. Fares go up (or down) according to demand. If bar sales needed improvement, you'd see Carnival promoting drink packages or some other way of enticing on-board sales.

Correct, but it is sad that alcohol cost more on the ship than in most "adult entertainment" clubs. :D

First cruise was out of San Juan, PR. We did a tour of one of the rum factories and bought a bottle prior to sailing. We honestly had no idea it was against the rules to bring it on the ship with us..

We went through the embarkation process early, then went to take our tour of the factory and bought the bottle. On our arrival back to port, we had the bottle in a brown paper bag and just walked onto the gangway, had our S&S card checked, and went straight through.. No one asked any questions.

It did feel awkward going up to the bar a few night later and asking for only glasses of ice!

I will just add this again to the thread..not sure if I have or not LOL...

CARNIVAL GET WITH THE PROGRAM AND OFFER THE BEVERAGE PACKAGES YOU HAVE INTRODUCED ON CELEBRITY....

Carnival offers beverage packages on Celebrity? Does RCI know that? I mean they own Celebrity.

I don't mind paying a high price for a drink...but pleasssse Carnival...put alcohol in it :eek:

the last cruise i went on, the drinks were like kool-aid at an expensive price

Carnival should train their bartenders in New Orleans :D

Do you smuggle? If so whats your favorite way? This is just for fun. I know lots of ways not listed, but these seem to be the most common.

I just poured clear alcohol into a 1.5 liter bottle of water. Carried it in my right hand during the entire embarkation. All the screener did was tighten the lid on my water.

Archived