Bon Voyage World Cruisers 2010 ( thats better )

Gaznjo

Dawn approaching at Anzac Cove.

28dawnsunrise.jpg

They shall grow not old as we who are left grow old,

Age shall not weary them nor the years condemn:

At the going down of the sun, and in the morning

We will remember them.

I am sure a lot of tears will be shed today.

One of my goals in life is to visit Anzac Cove

and say

Thank You

yes Im shore there would a few tears today, and IM with its on my must do list.

Kiwi Cruiser

Thank you for YOUR posting. When we did our partial WC last year the Anzac Cove experience was so touching and very memorable. There wasn't a dry eye at the dawn service nor at the 11am full service. The captain took the ship in as close to the shore as he could for 11am and it was great.

Anne

Kiwi CruiserThank you for YOUR posting. When we did our partial WC last year the Anzac Cove experience was so touching and very memorable. There wasn't a dry eye at the dawn service nor at the 11am full service. The captain took the ship in as close to the shore as he could for 11am and it was great.Anne

Hi Anne,

Anzac Cove must be an amazing place, and I can feel how emotional it must be.

My nephew went off to the UK a few years ago, a big burly rugby player, and while there did the bus trip to Gallipoli , for Anzac Day.

When he came home, he told us of the experience, and said it was the first time in his life , he was moved to tears.

Hi Anne,

Anzac Cove must be an amazing place, and I can feel how emotional it must be.

My nephew went off to the UK a few years ago, a big burly rugby player, and while there did the bus trip to Gallipoli , for Anzac Day.

When he came home, he told us of the experience, and said it was the first time in his life , he was moved to tears.

yes I think it would have been an amazing experience for him or that matter any one that goes there.

I have been reading some of the blogs, and it is very touching reading them. As one said they are in luxury of a cruise ship. Little did those men realise that years later future generations would travel to see where they landed.

Do you not go ashore there? As that would be such a highlight.

Do you not go ashore there? As that would be such a highlight
No , it is just a cruise by, although the cam did say they were anchored there.

Now they are sailing into, or have arrived at Santorini.

Here they will anchor in the Caldera(crater) and be tendered ashore, by boats that will come out from the port.Then climb the cliffs by either gondola or donkey and enjoy of of the gems of the Med .

29santorini1.jpg

No , it is just a cruise by, although the cam did say they were anchored there.

Now they are sailing into, or have arrived at Santorini.

Here they will anchor in the Caldera(crater) and be tendered ashore, by boats that will come out from the port.Then climb the cliffs by either gondola or donkey and enjoy of of the gems of the Med .

Oh those smelly donkeys, I rode on one of those up the cliffs, I was so scared, and screamed so much going up. They go so close to the edge.

Yes Santorini is wonderful.

Oh those smelly donkeys, I rode on one of those up the cliffs, I was so scared, and screamed so much going up. They go so close to the edge. Yes Santorini is wonderful.

Yes its a lovely stop.

We rode the gondala up then walked down the track , dodging all the donkeys and the donkey poo.

Could not believe how slippery it was , as the track has been worn really smooth over all the years it has been there.Interesting to watch the donkeys as well. They all seemed to know what to do , and some would give up waitng at the bottom and just wander up the track on their own, even shuffling others aside to get into their own parking spot at the top.:D

oh dave ... just saw that you are booked to do the singapore (bangkok) - sydney again...I want to do that but garry wont let me......... :-(..... something to do with us spending all of our money on a world cruise ...... bugger!!

Joanne who wanders if she can talk him into cherry blossom 2012 LOL

Hi Joanne,

Costa Victoria is also at Santorini today and she has 2 cams,

forward and aft,(just look for the model of the ship and it has 2 dots on it ,)

If you go to Krooz cams and have a look

you may catch a shot of Dawn from her.

http://www.kroooz-cams.com/costaindex.html

29santorini3.jpg

Also if you do a google search on Santorini webcams, there are several that look down on the cruise ships , but you need to check the date on them , as some are not live and just pics of past visits.

oh dave ... just saw that you are booked to do the singapore (bangkok) - sydney again...I want to do that but garry wont let me......... :-(..... something to do with us spending all of our money on a world cruise ...... bugger!! Joanne who wanders if she can talk him into cherry blossom 2012 LOL

Yeah.... This time we are sailing right through to Auckland so get the Christmas and New Year cruise as well. Several from last year have rebooked again.

Hi Australian Family

We spent from about 4.30am to midday "scenic cruising" in Anzac Cove. the dawn service we were probably 2kms away from the shore but for the 11 am service the captain took the ship in as close as he was allowed or could and that was about 1km off shore. It was surprising what a difference the 1km made to the photos. The two services the ship put on were very moving and we even had the ship's choir(fellow cruisers) singing for the 11 am service. It was a great morning.

On a lighter note I haven't laughed so much as I did on the donkey ride. I would love to do it again.

Cheers

Anne and John

I read on one of the blogs there was a lot of complaints about a poor quality tour in Istanbul, some pax said they were going to cancel the rest of the ship's shorex in protest.

Big call that, still 70 days to go I think.

Hi Australian Family

We spent from about 4.30am to midday "scenic cruising" in Anzac Cove. the dawn service we were probably 2kms away from the shore but for the 11 am service the captain took the ship in as close as he was allowed or could and that was about 1km off shore. It was surprising what a difference the 1km made to the photos. The two services the ship put on were very moving and we even had the ship's choir(fellow cruisers) singing for the 11 am service. It was a great morning.

On a lighter note I haven't laughed so much as I did on the donkey ride. I would love to do it again.

Cheers

Anne and John

That would be something to go to Anzac Cove. The Captain was very good to go in so close.

When I think back to that donkey ride, I laugh now, but it wasn't a laughing moment when I was on it. As David posted, the ground is so slippery. I had visions of the donkey going over the edge.

Archived