Irons on Summit?

Lailalyn

No, and travel irons are not allowed. A quick search of Celebrity's website will give you a list of items which are not allowed Much discussion on CruiseCritic as well, giving alternative that other travelers have used to get rid of wrinkles. Irons are a fire hazard.

Are there public laundry facilities or do you have to use their service?

No public laundry rooms on any Celebrity ship. Here is a link to the list of prices..

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=000055eu_uLsvjLblSU4wlGbUas:12hdbcuh7?faqSubjectName=Ship+and+Stateroom+Details&faqId=566&pagename=faq_answers

Are there public laundry facilities or do you have to use their service?

No public laundry, but they have good laundry and drycleaning on the ship. The costs are in line with what I see in my town and better than most hotels...of course most of us don't have our underwear and so on laundered at home, but it's avail on the ship and works great - normally next day service. We use it and cut down on what we take.

I give my socks and swimsuits a quick wash and dry them hanging in the bathroom. the rest go to the ship as needed.

Denny

No public laundry, but they have good laundry and drycleaning on the ship. The costs are in line with what I see in my town and better than most hotels...of course most of us don't have our underwear and so on laundered at home, but it's avail on the ship and works great - normally next day service. We use it and cut down on what we take.

I give my socks and swimsuits a quick wash and dry them hanging in the bathroom. the rest go to the ship as needed.

Denny

Agree with Denny, the costs are lower than I pay in my town. I usually just throw the stuff I need to be done in my suitcase and have them do it on board.

How well does the on-board service do with formal shirts?

They charge more for them and I wonder if they starch?

I wash my dh's shirts at home and have them pressed on board for $2.50. Great job.

Have you all seen the new Carnival requirements? It's insane. No power strips, no extension cords unless you can prove you absolutely need one, no blow dryers over 600 watts, no clothes steamers, basically nothing other than small low wattage things. They will look in luggage and take anything away that's against their new rules. Sheesh, I hope that other cruise lines don't follow suit. Can you imagine the hassle this would cause.

Have you all seen the new Carnival requirements? It's insane. No power strips, no extension cords unless you can prove you absolutely need one, no blow dryers over 600 watts, no clothes steamers, basically nothing other than small low wattage things. They will look in luggage and take anything away that's against their new rules. Sheesh, I hope that other cruise lines don't follow suit. Can you imagine the hassle this would cause.

Actually, not insane at all. I would guess that the majority of cruisers don't bring these items. My wife and I have never needed any, and have never brought any.

Carnival has dropped the blow dryer wattage restriction of 700w. All blow dryers are now allowed. Per CruiseCritic news:

Update, May 17, 5:10 p.m. EDT: Carnival has listened to its customers and removed the 700-watt restriction from hair dryers brought onboard. All hair dryers will be allowed on the ship unless they pose a safety hazard.

Darcie

There's an interesting article on Cruise Critic about it and apparently loads of discusssion on the Carnival Board. I was wondering how cell phones got on the list but then many would think that would be a good thing..

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3869

Darcie

There's an interesting article on Cruise Critic about it and apparently loads of discusssion on the Carnival Board. I was wondering how cell phones got on the list but then many would think that would be a good thing..

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3869

Thanks for the link, dkj. I wonder the reasoning behind this? Stop electrical appliances, power strips and extension cords, but still allow smoking in the cabins and on balconies? Seems to me that Carnival has gone way over the top.

Thanks for the link, dkj. I wonder the reasoning behind this? Stop electrical appliances, power strips and extension cords, but still allow smoking in the cabins and on balconies? Seems to me that Carnival has gone way over the top.

It's a concern with overloading the electrical system in the ship which could create a fire hazard.

Archived