Best Cruise "moments"....do tell!

11. Most beautiful beach you ever visited - Any beach that has a view like this one knowing that it is my home for the next 7 days.

nexov7.jpg

12. The best excursion you ever experienced - Snorkeling in Cabo but I think our next cruise we will be trying out the ziplines so I'm sure that will have the snorkeling beat.

25jfm2b.jpg

And I'll throw in another just for the fun of it....

The time you knew when you were in trouble...

This CAN'T be good. From our 1st cruise. Didn't know what to expect.

2wcn1y0.jpg

1. The first time you saw the ship on your first cruise

I couldnt believe how big the ship was. When I look back, the Carnival Legend is kind of small.

2. The moment you realized you were hooked on cruising

I was the airport "severely" depressed. I did not want to go home. The thought of home made me ill.

3. Most romantic moment

It was a full moon night as my girlfriend and I enjoyed the balcony. The ocean was lit up and I received my ticket for a certain club :D That was an amazing romantic experience. Sorry neighbors :p

4. Moment when you tried something new for the first time (i.e. snorkeling, ate something exotic, did something totally out of your comfort zone)

This would have to be the flowrider on the Freedom. Im a city boy, Id never think in a million years that I would be attempting to surf on a simulator.

5. The first time you looked out at the ocean on a sea day

My first thought was this "Wow, now this living!"

6. The time you realized the people you met on the cruise were going to be good friends for life

N/A

7. The first time you got sea sick

Ive never been seasick (knock on wood) on a cruise ship. I did get seasick on a semi-sub excursion due to the intense rocking under the ocean. I kept swallowing vomit as I didnt want to ruin someones vacation. Amazingly, it still my most favoritie excursion.

8. The time when you got that awful sunburn

Ive never been sunburned. I have come home 5 shades darker though.

9. The day you decided to treat yourself to a day of pamper

Everytime I book my cruise vacation!

10. When you got your final bill :eek:

My final bills havent been bad. I try to manage my funds well.

11. Most beautiful beach you ever visited

Magens Bay, St. Thomas. I dont think I saw a wave. Just calm turquoise warm ocean with beautiful white sand. Simply gorgeous, ap ost card moment. I also enjoyed Bannister Island as well.

12. The best excursion you ever experienced

The submarine excursion in Roatan. Being under the ocean was incredible (although I got seasick). The earth is filled with beauty.

Awesome thread OP!!!

I couldnt believe how big the ship was. When I look back, the Carnival Legend is kind of small.

I was the airport "severely" depressed. I did not want to go home. The thought of home made me ill.

3. Most romantic moment

It was a full moon night as my girlfriend and I enjoyed the balcony. The ocean was lit up and I received my ticket for a certain club :D That was an amazing romantic experience. Sorry neighbors :p

4. Moment when you tried something new for the first time (i.e. snorkeling, ate something exotic, did something totally out of your comfort zone)

This would have to be the flowrider on the Freedom. Im a city boy, Id never think in a million years that I would be attempting to surf on a simulator.

My first thought was this "Wow, now this living!"

6. The time you realized the people you met on the cruise were going to be good friends for life

N/A

Ive never been seasick (knock on wood) on a cruise ship. I did get seasick on a semi-sub excursion due to the intense rocking under the ocean. I kept swallowing vomit as I didnt want to ruin someones vacation. Amazingly, it still my most favoritie excursion.

Ive never been sunburned. I have come home 5 shades darker though.

Everytime I book my cruise vacation!

My final bills havent been bad. I try to manage my funds well.

Magens Bay, St. Thomas. I dont think I saw a wave. Just calm turquoise warm ocean with beautiful white sand. Simply gorgeous, ap ost card moment. I also enjoyed Bannister Island as well.

The submarine excursion in Roatan. Being under the ocean was incredible (although I got seasick). The earth is filled with beauty.

Awesome thread OP!!!

Thanks so much! I knew a lot of people, including myself, would really enjoy reading other people's special cruise moments/memories:). Thanks for participating!

Carnival Inspiration in San Juan. Couldn't believe the size.

Also, from the Carnival Inspiration. We were leaving the first port of call of St. Thomas. I can close my eyes and still remember the blue skies, the sea, the hills with little red roofed houses. The sunlight was so different than anywhere else.

3. Most romantic moment

Sailing from Venice aboard the Celebrity Millenium. We were leaving in the afternoon the sounds of Andre Boccelli and Josh Groban filled the air. My husband pulled me closer as "You Lift Me Up" played. He whispered "I Love You" with tears in his eyes.

4. Moment when you tried something new for the first time (i.e. snorkeling, ate something exotic, did something totally out of your comfort zone).

Trying new foods -- like calamari and escargots. Also, picking up the turtles at the turtle farm in Grand Cayman. I won't even bait my own fishing hook.

Just couldn't believe that I was on a ship in the middle of the ocean.

We have been fortunate to meet and remain close with so many wonderful people. Bev and Eddie from our second cruise on the Norwegian Crown. Liz and Peter, Jack and Jennifer, Cerrus and Margaret and Tania and Keith from the Norwegian Sun and our trip around South America. Can't forget the incredible people from the Prinsendam last summer: Grace, Carol and Eddie, Dave, Diana and Ron.

In 38 cruises, I have only been sick a couple of times. First sea day heading over to Bermuda. A lot of people were hit with seasickness.

Too many times to count. The worst time was in Roatan and I also made the mistake of sitting on the beach with the sand fleas. Sunburn, had bruises on my arms and legs from the $20 massage that I had (roughest ever) and then the next morning, woke up with bites in every spot where sand had touched me.

Not really a day of pampering but decided to have my first-ever massage when I saw a port special back around our fifth cruise or so.

10. When you got your final bill

Decided to buy some art on the Norwegian Star while sailing in Alaska. Bill was more than $2,000.

Shoals Bay in Anguilla; other notables: Cinnamon Bay on St. John and Caya Levantado in the Dominican Republic.

Probably the first time we went to Rome. Had never been to Italy before and couldn't believe the history. Still remember that day perfectly. Walked everywhere. It was such a full day seeing everything. Had a beautiful lunch at a restaurant along the Appian Way.

Jewel of the Seas 2005 I was awed by the size of the ship and its beauty of the ship. Give that man who designed that ship an A+.

. The moment you realized you were hooked on cruising

The day we came back from our first cruise. I missed it so much lol

3. Most romantic moment

I know this doesn't sound much but to me it did. Having diiner with my wife at Portifino and we both watch a beautiful sun set together. It just doesn't get any better.

4. Moment when you tried something new for the first time (i.e. snorkeling, ate something exotic, did something totally out of your comfort zone).

Our first cruise I tried snorkling. the tour took all of us in middle of the ocean and pretty much dumped us to snorkel. Well I had a tough time floating and if you can't do that and your not wearing a floating vest your in big trouble. If it wasn't for that rope that they tie to the ship. I think I truly think I wouldn't be writting this. That was a tough experience one I won't forget. Believe it or not I still snorkrl but always with a life vest.

Just an awsome sight to behold. Never seen anything like that.

I've been only on three cruises and I have I've met fantastic group of people on each of them. I do regret not keeping in touch with our dinner mates on our first cruise. We sat with two other couples one from Philly and the other from Florida. They were the best we were always laughing and having a great time. We did keep in contact for awhile but you know how that goes sometimes, darn. So Bob and his wife Barb, Larry and his wife Diane if your our there. Lets all go back on the Jewel.

7. The first time you got sea sick It was on the Liberty of the Seas rough waters the first few days. I got used to it after a few hours but my wife had to take some sea sick pills.

8. The time when you got that awful sunburn I thought I didn't need sunscreen it wasn't that hot or I thought. Well had a bad case of sun poisoning with sun blisters. It didn't feel so good for a day or two. Yes I always wear 50 sun screen now.

9. The day you decided to treat yourself to a day of pampering I thought my wife deserved that more than I do. She loved all that massage thing and something with hot stones. She really enjoyed it.

10. When you got your final bill We did pretty good nothing was a shock. I take that back the liquor bill was kind of high. You make alot of new friends when you say this is on me. I don't do that anymore.:D

11. Most beautiful beach you ever visited For now it has to the Orient Beach very nice. Looking forward to St. John next year. I hear the have some really gorgeus beaches there.

12. The best excursion you ever experienced I'm not really into excursions but we had a fun time in St. Martin with Bernards tour. I think after a couple of cocktails on the tour bus everybody dancing and having a good ol time. Also believe it or not a cooking class in Cozmel. Yes I took one for the team guys. Suprisely we all had a fun time. Alot of tequila were making the rounds that afternoon. Fine man that chef Louis. Sailing is what I want to really do next year. I think I have to pracrice my snorkling first:D

one thing I will never forget is a cruise on the Sovereign of the Seas. We cruises with a group of 13. On on night one of my friends could not pic a desert. The waiter brought out everyone on the menu. He also brought one that wasnt on the menu. 2 pink mounds of jello made to look like well lets just say a body part on a woman...The next night to get even when they we singing and dancing 3 of us got up and started dancing with them..we were the hit of the dinning room!

This one seems odd even to me since we've had such wonderful moments on our cruises...seeing the ship for the first time, having wine on the balcony, snorkling in exotic locations...but here is the first thing I think of when I think "memorable moment":

My husband and I were sailing out of San Juan on the Empress of the Seas on a 12-night Southern Caribbean itinerary with seven people we'd met the year before on the Radiance. We all had drinks in hand and were lined up at the rail on the pool deck as we pulled away from the dock. I remember looking down the rail at all of my "new" friends, all watching San Juan go by...all immersed in the moment. I remember thinking that "this is the life," there's nothing better than cruising with friends. I was right.

We cruised with several of that group last year out of Galveston, are cruising again with them in October out of Europe, and the whole group is cruising together next April out of San Juan! YAY!

That would be why I never go in hot tubs. Gross.

I'm no prude, but i'd have to agree with you! NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was TMI and sick... if it was your home jacuzzi or tub, then maybe... but on a CRUISE?! ;)

Sovereign of the Seas in '02...I was 22, blown away and so excited for my first cruise (even if it was with my parents)

When I started planning my next cruise while on my second.

3. Most romantic moment

My entire Bermudan cruise, which was a birthday present to my wife.

Went off on our own to find a cave in Bermuda...walked along some scary roads with no pedestrian access, but we found the cave and it was so worth it- we were the only ones there at the time.

I loved feeling so far away from my every day life.

Haven't made friends for life, but we did meet a very cool group of "Red Hat Ladies" onboard that were hysterical and we always chatted whenever we ran into any of them.

7. The first time you got sea sick. I always get sea sick, but have never gotten to the point of actually throwing up. I come armed with those sexy wrist bands and dramamine.

8. The time when you got that awful sunburn On the first cruise, I sat out by the pool for a half hour with no sunscreen (I'm a red head) and my legs were bright red the rest of the trip.

9. The day you decided to treat yourself to a day of pampering I don't typically do "pampering"...the vacation is enough!

10. When you got your final bill The biggest shock came from a trip to the medical facility on board. I sliced my hand on a rock while snorkeling. They recommended stitches, but I forewent them because it was a very straight cut and I heal quickly. They gave me a tetanus shot though, and the bill for that was $350. Thank goodness for health insurance! I have a great little scar on my hand from the experience, but I don't mind it at all.

11. Most beautiful beach you ever visited A tie between Tobacco Bay, Bermuda and a beach on St. John.

12. The best excursion you ever experienced A "private" tour of a rainforest in Puerto Rico.

And I'm adding: WORST cruise moment: When my wife and I were standing up along with one other passenger during a Bingo cover-all game. We were one number away from a $4000 prize. When the announcer said the next number, the other passenger shouted Bingo. Our number? It was the next one in the queue.

Best moment: one night on our 2nd cruise, sitting out on the balcony under the light of stars and moon with only the sounds of the ocean rushing by, I just felt so at peace and in the moment. This has become one of my favorite things to do now. I will not cruise without a balcony. I just love being out there enjoying the peace and quiet with the light of the moon shining on me or the warm sun beaming down on me.

We waited 5 years after our first cruise to cruise again. I begged my DH to take me a on cruise for my birthday. I was so excited when he said, "book it!" That cruise felt like our first cruise all over again! I could barely contain my excited in the terminal waiting to board the ship. We have certainly been hooked ever since.

On our last cruise on the Conquest we stayed at the Harbor House. They upgraded us to one of the suites at the end of the pier for free so we could see the ships sail in the next morning. We watched them come in and turn around right in front of our room from bed. We also saw dolphins from our window. That was really a treat!

That has been a sepcial moment all 4 cruises. Maybe this is one area Carnival's commercials are better. On one of them they say, "Something happens when you cross over from land to sea" I couldn't agree more.

I always love hearing other people's cruising stories. Somehow they just light up at the mere mention of their cruise. I would love to hear from you about what your MOST memorable cruise moments have been (good or not so good). Try to pick one (if you can narrow it down' date=' or just one and the next runner up). Give a little bit of details too. Here are some [u']possible[/u] examples to get help you get started:

First cruise was on a Carnival Fantasy class. I remember thinking the ship was just ENORMOUS! I was awestruck by the size.

When I cried disembarking!

It really sank in was the second cruise. Sitting on the deck, waiting for the cabins to be ready, drink-of-the-day in hand...I felt like I was a HOME.

3. Most romantic moment

I'm still waiting for mine!

Kayaking in Antigua. I really didn't want to, but my traveling companion wanted to try it. At the end of the tour, we all raced our kayaks back to the dock. I discovered I DO have a competitive nature! Loved it so much, I've since bought my own kayaks!!

OK, the first time wasn't that great. On my very first cruise, I got carried away with the drinks-of-the-day on embarkation day and was a bit queezy for day one - AT SEA!

I had an inside cabin on my first cruise. Now I always get OV because I can gaze out at the ocean the second I wake up in the morning - even before I get out of bed. AHHH...

HA! HA! On my second cruise, my friend and I (both single women in our late 30s/early 40s) were seated at a table for four at dinner. Our tablemates were two single men in their 40s from Pennsylvania. My friend is a season ticket holder/HUGE Patriot's fan. She missed dinner the first night to go to the sports bar to watch the Pats beat the Steelers for a position in the Super Bowl. Our table mates were HUGE Eagles fans. The Eagles had clinched their Super Bowl spot earlier in the day.

I'm not a football fan, but I naturally had to watch the game that year. It had been the topic of conversation the whole week on the cruise!

We're still in touch with the Eagle's fan!

First day of my first cruise - but it could have been those drinks-of-the-day!

I'm really careful, so I've not gotten a bad burn on a cruise. I did learn that lips burn and began to take a lip balm with SPF.

My boyfriend, however, got burned to a crisp on the first day of our southern Caribbean cruise. He has a darker complextion and rarely burns, so he didn't think he needed to pile on the sun block like I was doing.

It was horrible to have that happen the very first day. He had to stay out of the sun as much as possible all week. Even so, by the end of the cruise, he was starting to blister.

Never had done this, but I did buy a piece of jewelry on board last cruise. We'd ended up with a lot of OBCs, so I treated myself!

Pretty shocking the first time, isn't it? My bill is a lot less now. I rarely buy ship's excursions or transfers, so my bill is mostly drinks and photos.

Leinster Bay Beach on St. John. Heck...ANY and EVERY beach on St. John!

Dominica, with Levi from Bumpiing Tours!!

What a great post. It gave me such a wonderful trip down memory lane! Thanks!!

My darling wife of 20+ years and I were strolling to dinner (after a pre-dinner stop at the Champagne bar) and we were in a lovely mood. We stopped to window shop in the jewelry store on Grandeur when I saw the most beautiful emerald and diamond bracelet in the case. I'm a guy and not much into jewelry, certainly not much into spontaneous purchases of jewelry (I tend compulsively shop around for everything). But somehow this was different - I saw it and loved it, and asked my wife to check it out. The clerk had her try it on - and when she started to take it off, I said "no, it looks too beautiful on you to take off" and told the clerk we'd take it. My wife was absolutely dumbfounded (especially knowing me). Maybe it was the spontaneity of it, or the champagne, or just the fact that it was on the cruise (or all 3) - but it might just be my favorite gift that I've ever given her. Certainly one of my favorite cruise ship moments!

My wife and I were on our second cruise, our first was for our honeymoon. We had been married for almost 3 years at that time. The first night the dining room was a mess. The table cominations were all screwy. We saw a few other couples around our age and we decided to create our own 8 person table. The maitre d' was very happy to accomodate us in all of the craziness going on.

It turned out that the other 3 couples were all on their honeymoon! And they didn't know each other at all, or us for that matter. It was a perfect fit.

Anyway, we spent most of the cruise together, doing this and that. One night after dinner we decided that it would be party night. We went to the pool deck and ran one level up to the bar and brought back pitchers of beer. A couple of them had smuggled a bottle of tequila and a bottle of sambuca on board. We started playing the drinking game called Mexican (I can't even remember how to play it now). If you were chosen, you had to drink the beer. Every fifth turn was a special, you had to have a shot of tequila or sambuca. My wife was being VERY quiet. The seven of us were absolutely spinning when we realized how quiet she had been. Then she got picked on, big time.

After that we went to the disco and danced until it closed. This was in 1994 on the Majesty of the Seas. I don't think they have pitchers of beer anymore and as well documented on CC, they are much stricter with alcohol being brought on board.

I'm not a huge drinker, but that night will always be memorable. Any of you from that 1994 cruise on the CC boards? :D

1. The first time you saw the ship on your first cruise - Rhapsody...:eek:

2. The moment you realized you were hooked on cruising - from the second I walked on board!

3. Most romantic moment - on our aft balcony sharing the hammock we'd bought in Majahaul, watching the moon at sailaway!

29qgvuc.jpg

4. Moment when you tried something new for the first time (i.e. snorkeling, ate something exotic, did something totally out of your comfort zone) - reading my poem on the Liberty pre-inauguaral (embarrassed)

5. The first time you looked out at the ocean on a sea day - The color of the water CANNOT be duplicated, even with a camera

14n0oj4.jpg

6. The time you realized the people you met on the cruise were going to be good friends for life - We met our cruisin buds for the first time at a restaurant here in San Antonio before cruise. We met through these boards 3 years ago and attend supper at their house every Tues. nite.

7. The first time you got sea sick - I never get sea sick. Have been through some gales but have never succumbed...lucky me

8. The time when you got that awful sunburn - too cautious

9. The day you decided to treat yourself to a day of pamper -massage on the beach...mmmmmmm

10. When you got your final bill - our second cruise we agreed to try not to have any bill and we did. Cruising totally on the fare. You really can!:cool:

11. Most beautiful beach you ever visited -- Happy Bay St Maartin

07021201_02_g.jpg

12. The best excursion you ever experienced - Nachi Cocom AI, Cozumel will remain our favorite place to be off ship.

9rhymh.jpg

BecciBoo:

For whatever reason, I could not post a reply directly to your post. I have to say that I love all of these responses. It's so great that everyone is sharing their special moments with us!

I do have to say though, that these kinds of posts (a story in pictures) are my very favorite! Thank you for taking the time to share these beautiful pics with us!:D

My darling wife of 20+ years and I were strolling to dinner (after a pre-dinner stop at the Champagne bar) and we were in a lovely mood. We stopped to window shop in the jewelry store on Grandeur when I saw the most beautiful emerald and diamond bracelet in the case. I'm a guy and not much into jewelry, certainly not much into spontaneous purchases of jewelry (I tend compulsively shop around for everything). But somehow this was different - I saw it and loved it, and asked my wife to check it out. The clerk had her try it on - and when she started to take it off, I said "no, it looks too beautiful on you to take off" and told the clerk we'd take it. My wife was absolutely dumbfounded (especially knowing me). Maybe it was the spontaneity of it, or the champagne, or just the fact that it was on the cruise (or all 3) - but it might just be my favorite gift that I've ever given her. Certainly one of my favorite cruise ship moments!

Wow, that is a lovely story. Thanks for sharing! :)

My wife and I were on our second cruise, our first was for our honeymoon. We had been married for almost 3 years at that time. The first night the dining room was a mess. The table cominations were all screwy. We saw a few other couples around our age and we decided to create our own 8 person table. The maitre d' was very happy to accomodate us in all of the craziness going on.

It turned out that the other 3 couples were all on their honeymoon! And they didn't know each other at all, or us for that matter. It was a perfect fit.

Anyway, we spent most of the cruise together, doing this and that. One night after dinner we decided that it would be party night. We went to the pool deck and ran one level up to the bar and brought back pitchers of beer. A couple of them had smuggled a bottle of tequila and a bottle of sambuca on board. We started playing the drinking game called Mexican (I can't even remember how to play it now). If you were chosen, you had to drink the beer. Every fifth turn was a special, you had to have a shot of tequila or sambuca. My wife was being VERY quiet. The seven of us were absolutely spinning when we realized how quiet she had been. Then she got picked on, big time.

After that we went to the disco and danced until it closed. This was in 1994 on the Majesty of the Seas. I don't think they have pitchers of beer anymore and as well documented on CC, they are much stricter with alcohol being brought on board.

I'm not a huge drinker, but that night will always be memorable. Any of you from that 1994 cruise on the CC boards? :D

Sounds like you guys had a blast and made some wonderful memories! Thanks for sharing with us!:)

Will you give my husband lessons?? :D:D

Ahhh that is such a wonderful thing to say. A very special moment indeed, I cannot wait to get our special moments when we do our first cruise in a few weeks. :D

Archived