Hotel to cruise port taxi

I have read a few threads that span the cost of taxi ride from hotel on Las Ramblas to cruise port anywhere from 13 to 30 Euro. Our hotel is right next to the Cathedral and will need to get to NCL.

Would it be best to walk to Las Ramblas (my understanding is that it's only a 5 min walk from hotel - Hotel Colon) and hail a taxi from there and negotiate a price to the port before accepting? There will be 3 of us with probably 4 peices of luggage (3 carry on size and one larger) - what should we expect to pay?

I don't think you are looking at 30 euros from that location. We are staying at the top of Ramblas and are either doing a cab, a walk or the metro. I would expect a taxi to be around 10 euros.

Kirk

I have read a few threads that span the cost of taxi ride from hotel on Las Ramblas to cruise port anywhere from 13 to 30 Euro. Our hotel is right next to the Cathedral and will need to get to NCL.

Would it be best to walk to Las Ramblas (my understanding is that it's only a 5 min walk from hotel - Hotel Colon) and hail a taxi from there and negotiate a price to the port before accepting? There will be 3 of us with probably 4 peices of luggage (3 carry on size and one larger) - what should we expect to pay?

Why in the world would you want slog all your luggage to Las Ramblas and hail a cab? Mostly all Barcelona cabs use meters and I would be hesitant to get in to one that "negotiates" a price!

Get one from your hotel! The doorman or the reception can call one for you if time is your concern....

We just did it this past Sept. It's best (safe) if you use a licensed black and gold cab. They are metered, so no negotiating. Should run about 20 euros including the port fee depending on how many pieces of luggage you have. You generally do not tip taxis in Barcelona. We shared a cab with another couple from our hotel that was going to the port, so was only about 10 euros per couple.

Have the hotel get you a taxi. You do not want to be pulling luggage at Las Rambles. That will make you a perfect target to be pick pocketed.

Get a taxi at the hotel. If you are near Las Rambles the cost of a cab will not be too expensive to get over to the cruise ship terminal.

Keith

Archived