1st time cruiser just booked Med. Egypt Cruise

We're first time cruisers and have just booked the Mediterranean Egypt Cruise for May 11, 2011. I know that is a long way out, but I want to start my research now. Any tips from people who have been on this cruise would be appreciated. Would love to hear from any other "early birds" who have also booked this cruise.

We're first time cruisers and have just booked the Mediterranean Egypt Cruise for May 11, 2011. I know that is a long way out, but I want to start my research now. Any tips from people who have been on this cruise would be appreciated. Would love to hear from any other "early birds" who have also booked this cruise.

We did this cruise ago and there is a tremendous amount of information available on the ports threads

hey there!

we just booked this cruise too :D

I can't find a rollcall...has one been started?

I am booked on the Brilliance Dec. 5th, going to Alexandria. We already have a tour booked with Ramses Tours. We will be doing an overnight in Cairo at a 5* hotel, seeing the pyramids, riding camels, going in a pyramid room, mummy room, taking in the light and sound show, and having a dinner cruise on the Nile. The next day, we go back to Alexandria to tour there.

I did this cruise but not on Rccl. It is the #2 trip of my lifetime (#1 was Safari in Africa). It is fabulous. Will you also stop in Jerusalem? I did this without Cruise Critic advice so went in cold but you should find lots of info on the ports thread. You will have a fantastic time.

We visited Egypt not with RCI but on the Norwegian Jade. We had an overnight in Alexandria and visited Cairo overnight from there with De Castro Tours. If you are interested there is a link to my review in my signature below. Have a wonderfull trip!!:):)

We did this exact same itinery this year on the Navigator in April but in a different order. These are the excursions we did .We did the ships tour ' Taormina on your own' excursion in Messina. The whole town is very do-able on your own. In Athens we did the Corinthe tour including sailing through the canal, we had already been to the Acropolis and this tour was really good. In Rhodes we explored on our own to the castle and town, it is very easy to do.

In Kusadasi we took a private tour to Ephesus inc lunch and the Terrace houses with Hello Ephesus which was excellent. In Alexandria we did a private tour of Alexandria with Ramses tours as we had already seen the pyramids etc. This was also excellent and included lunch . The second day we took the ships tour to El Alamein which was very good except we didnt have much time at the Commonwealth cemetary and we did complain because as per usual we still had time for the obligatory shopping visit that comes with ships tours.

In Naples we took the ships Capri tour. Very good and would recommend you do the chair lift up the rocks.

The weather in April was stunning.. You can easily take the train from Rome centre to the port and its less than 10 mins walk to the port gate where they provide a shuttle bus. We also did this on our return and saved a fortune on the ships tour to the airport but if you have time constraints or not so agile then by all means do those on offer.

This was the first time in 10 cruises that we had done private tours but with all the knowledge given on these boards I went ahead and booked them and was completely happy

You will love it all and with 4 sea days it really is a very relaxing cruise.

We are going on a med cruise on June 19. Just 4 short weeks away. I will be happy to post the review plus answer any questions you may have. We are leaving out of Barcelona Spain and going to Nice, Rome, Naples, Florence, Athens, Santorini, and Esphesus. Whew.. makes me tired just writing all the places. Really really looking forward to the trip. Cant wait to review.

We are going on a med cruise on June 19. Just 4 short weeks away. I will be happy to post the review plus answer any questions you may have. We are leaving out of Barcelona Spain and going to Nice, Rome, Naples, Florence, Athens, Santorini, and Esphesus. Whew.. makes me tired just writing all the places. Really really looking forward to the trip. Cant wait to review.

I'd love to see your review when you get back...hope you have a wonderful trip

• 1 month later...
I am booked on the Brilliance Dec. 5th, going to Alexandria. We already have a tour booked with Ramses Tours. We will be doing an overnight in Cairo at a 5* hotel, seeing the pyramids, riding camels, going in a pyramid room, mummy room, taking in the light and sound show, and having a dinner cruise on the Nile. The next day, we go back to Alexandria to tour there.[/quote}]

Hi - we have communicated a few times on cruise critic. We booked with Ramses this year. Ask to stay somewhere other than the Sheraton. The lobby is very nice - the restaurant only OK. Our room had an 'odor' and had a lot of dings and booboos. We did not change because it was so late and we were exhausted from rushing to see the sights. (our ship was late getting into port).

If you have any questions - I will try to answer them.

Archived