Invergordon to Inverness

Invergordon does not have a lot of taxi's waiting around. I am not sure about the bus. While Inverness was interesting, you really should try to at least get to Loch Ness. There is an old castle and a building with a short movie about the history of the area. And maybe you will see the Loch Ness monster. We really enjoyed the area.

• 10 months later...

We too are on the Crown but in May. I have booked a tour with Bruce of Ocean Links Tours, which you may wish to check out. Hope you signed up for your Roll Call, as you will get more advise there. Check out our May 22 Roll Call for chatter about what to do and where.

I was looking at doing a tour with Tony Harmsworth of Invernesstours. If anyone here on CC has done one of his tours, please comment. Reviews looked good on tripadvisor.com. But I haven't seen much here on his tours. This looks like a port where a tour works well. Thanks.

I did the Loch Ness excursion and it is quite a long excursion and then we just rode through Inverness on the way back. So I'm torn. Loch Ness was good but Inverness is such a beautiful town. I'd do Inverness. My recollection of Invergorden was that it wasn't really much. That's just my recollection. Its a cute port but not much around.

We're going on the Crown Princess cruise of the British Isles in July 2011, any Advice? We've travelled a lot in Europe, but only our second cruise. The first was Western Med.

If you would like my notes from our BI cruise, my e-mail is

gthiel at tampabay dot rr dot com

I noticed on an earlier post you took a tour from toursvieuxquebec.com company for Quebec. Did they pick you up at the cruise terminal?

They picked us up across the street from the cruise terminal at the Museum of Civilisation. There were other pick up points too, for people staying in hotels.

Archived