Coffee Question

newbie1967

Hi just wondering if anyone has ever done this.. I have heard that the coffee on the ships is aweful so i was thinking (im an ice coffee nut) of bringing DD box of joe on the ship for our 7 day cruise on carnival next month.. Would u do it or have u done it and if so how long did one box last u.. just hubby and I so im thinking 1 to 2 boxes will be enough.. thanks..:D

Hi just wondering if anyone has ever done this.. I have heard that the coffee on the ships is aweful so i was thinking (im an ice coffee nut) of bringing DD box of joe on the ship for our 7 day cruise on carnival next month.. Would u do it or have u done it and if so how long did one box last u.. just hubby and I so im thinking 1 to 2 boxes will be enough.. thanks..:D

I have not had any issues with food in general or coffee in particular on any of my cruises...

How long will coffee stay fresh in that type of box? We don't have a problem with coffee on cruise ships but to add flavor to them we bring a small tin of those International Flavor coffee and add a teaspoon of that to our coffee.

A box of Joe looks like this (the cardboard box.) It has a plastic lining on the inside that holds coffee. Compare it to the wine in boxes but only instead of wine it has coffee.

Interesting I have never seen that before

well thanks everyone this is our first cruise and in reading the message boards ive read alot of people are dissatisfied with the coffee... we are sailing on carnival dream.. since we are new to this im going to go with all of u who say the coffee is good and chance it.. lol thanks soo much again..

A box of Joe looks like this (the cardboard box.) It has a plastic lining on the inside that holds coffee. Compare it to the wine in boxes but only instead of wine it has coffee.

Is it concentrate ?

How do you heat it up?

On Princess you have to purchase a coffee card to get a good cup of coffee and you can only get good coffee in a couple of places. The coffee they give you for free is really bad. Carnival coffee is better than free coffee on Princess but not as good as the pay coffee on Princess.

I love coffee -- not the fancy froo-froo stuff, but regular old "leaded" coffee (with cream). I've yet to have a really bad cup of coffee on any cruise ship .. and certainly not bad enough to lug along a "box of coffee"!! :eek:

Hi, we've had these boxes of Starbucks a few times here at work and by the next day what is left is too strong and bitter. Maybe you will have better luck but maybe try the Starbucks new instant coffees, I've heard they are pretty good.

Happy Travels!

I have no problem with the syrup coffee on board ship. I think that the people who complain about the coffee would blow a gasket if they had to drink coffee that was in a box for 3 or more days. :eek: I'd just spend the money on a coffee card.

Archived