Radiance 3561 -sideways pro/cons

I'm trying to choose our cabin for a Radiance cruise, and inside cabin 3561 is available. Looking at the deck plan, it is one of two cabins that are turned sideways and it has it's own little hallway. Anyone ever stayed in this cabin? I'm just wondering if the positioning has any pros or cons, or if it changes the orientation/size of the room at all?

Thanks bunches!

Thanks, Jimbo. Just trying to go for the cheapest available option, although it won't be much more to move up. I've never been that low in a ship, so I wasn't sure it would make a difference.

Low and midship is my preference. There is less movement and it is also a bit cheaper.

I am also interested in the "sideways" inside cabins, as we have one on the Rhapsody this September. I glanced into one once, and the bathroom is off to one side, while the bed is off to the other side, as you walk in the door.

Anyone stayed in one of these?

What I don't like about that specific location is that it sits over crew space and it's hard to tell whats there. I once stayed on the lowest deck like that on Disney and found it a bit noisy at night. Try to see if you can can find a cabin on the port side of deck 3 where there are other cabins located below you.

I am also interested in the "sideways" inside cabins, as we have one on the Rhapsody this September. I glanced into one once, and the bathroom is off to one side, while the bed is off to the other side, as you walk in the door.

Anyone stayed in one of these?

that's what I was interested in knowing...I was wondering if it affected the size/layout of the room in a negative or positive way.

I hadn't thought about the crew area being beneath it...I was mainly trying to get one of the cabins not under the dining room or the theater, because I'm thinking those get noisy. Hm. Might just have to pay a little more for a higher level.

You're absolutely right, you don't want to be under any public space. We had a cabin that was underneath the theater one time, and it was LOUD when they were moving sets. Honestly, I prefer being a litle higher up, like deck 7 or 8, because it's closer to a lot of things like the buffet and the pool decks, and you're on a deck that only has cabins. Never had a cabin on a deck lower than 7 on any ship, and I don't think I would want to be on the same level as dining room, as convenient as it is for dinner, it's probably also going to be louder

Thanks for that info, CB!

I'm thinking we'll get a deck 7 or 8 room. There's a cabin available on deck 4 that is above cabins, but below the centrum stores, so I'm wondering if that will be noisy as well. I'm also thinking that people walking the deck 4 hallways to get between the dining room and the theater might be annoying.

Archived