C&A Changes - Positive!

Rita just spoke to Royal Caribbean and was told that even though we will be onboard the Radiance on June 11th, the new Diamond Plus coupon books will not be available until the end of the month and apparently nothing will be done to provide us with the new amenities that are to be included in the new books. Typical of a corporation that couldn't coordinate a two-car funeral. :mad: How difficult would it have been to print the new books in advance of June 1 or failing that, delay the effective date of the new benefits until the books were available to distribute the new books fleetwide?:rolleyes: I think I know why Adam hasn't called me :D -(I know that the call is automated so they wouldn't have to listen to my reaction, but it does seem typical).

LOL....gee, you would think that they would of had the new books printed already and ready to go before they announced that it was effective June 1st........LOL

But on Celebrity, as Diamonds we get the same as Diamond Plus. Weird that we get all the Elite benefits on Celebrity even though this will be our first cruise with them but we get nothing like that on RCCL. So now that raises another question.

Celebrity cruisers become Elite status once they have 10 cruise credits. What happens when they cruise on RCCL?? Are they treated as D or D+??? Just wondering because once your Elite, your always Elite - there's no Elite+.

I'd be pretty made if someone with 10 credits that never cruised RCCL is getting access to the CL and being treated as a D+ when it was taken away from us..........forget about the reserved seating because I think that's a dumb benefit and we wouldn't use it anyway, but I suppose it's important to some people so i guess I shouldn't call it dumb.

Celebrity Elite members are considered Diamond on Royal. Not Diamond Plus. Don't be surprised to see a level higher than Elite on Celebrity later this year.

LOL....gee, you would think that they would of had the new books printed already and ready to go before they announced that it was effective June 1st........LOL

Why would you have thought that?:confused:;)

You bet I'd like to have my 20th...Enchantment of the Seas. And I understand they were giving it out back then, too. I wonder why I never got mine? :confused: :(

Gina

ditto...that would have been my 20th too...sounds like I need to send C&A another email....:rolleyes:

I got my first ship at 40 and then I had to remind the LA.

I still don't have Diamond pins..............and no I don't want them LOL!

Celebrity Elite members are considered Diamond on Royal. Not Diamond Plus. Don't be surprised to see a level higher than Elite on Celebrity later this year.

I agree........we took one Celebrity cruise and got Elite status..........and while it was nice, even I didn't feel totally comfortable with it.

I might have missed this on past posts, but I received a recorded call from Adam Goldstein regarding the positive changes to the C&A program. No specifics, but enough to make you look to see what did change.

LOL.........sure, because we're booked on Celebrity for next year they probably will change the status there too and take Michael's away from us...........LOL

I'm not having good luck with CL privileges.......:-)

It's not even the free drinks (although I won't lie, that was nice) but it's the fact that now us and our friends can't hang out together before dinner unless they choose to go to a different bar and pay for their drinks which I don't blame them for not wanting to do that. That really was a big benefit that they took away from us after we worked so hard to earn it and I really think they should have grandfathered those that were already Diamond. The so called Diamond Event is an enhancement for some ships but I don't think they should have replaced what we had on the Voyager class with the Diamond Event. They could have just made it the Diamond Lounge which would have allowed D+ to use it as well and then everyone would still be happy with RCCL.

I'm sure D+ wouldn't be happy if they raised the amount of credits to be D+ and then said sorry, no more CL for you guys, but we'll give you wine and champagne and oh yeah, sometimes we'll give you peanuts too! :-) LOL

Patty

Why would you have thought that?:confused:;)

LOL...........I don't know what got into me!! :-)

I didn't even get an email or phone call about the changes...........LOL So it's a good thing that I cruise these boards......LOL

Under the ON BOARD BENEFITS you will see

Ultimate Value Booklet with great onboard offers Learn More

You will have to be logged in, but click on "learn More" it will tell you what each level is getting.

I had been clicking on the Diamond + ribbon.Felt good to see it in writing with my own eyes .

I might have missed this on past posts, but I received a recorded call from Adam Goldstein regarding the positive changes to the C&A program. No specifics, but enough to make you look to see what did change.

The call was on my machine today! It made it seem like we will reap the benefits on our cruise in a few weeks! (whatever the new benefits are)!!!!!

The call was on my machine today! It made it seem like we will reap the benefits on our cruise in a few weeks! (whatever the new benefits are)!!!!!

Just hope that the ship you are sailing on is prepared to implement the changes. We are on the Radiance on June 11th and have been told that despite the June 1, effective date, we won't get the new coupon books or any of the improved perks because they won't be available on Radiance until the end of the month.:rolleyes:

I still don't have Diamond pins..............and no I don't want them LOL!

It took me two years of asking. And nothing. :(

Then I cornered the LA on board to get them. :o

I got them, and No, I do not wear them. But they are mine. :p :D

I had to call for the diamond plus pins and luggage tags....dh wears his all the time on the cruise on formal nights.

They told me they stopped giving luggage tags years ago. :eek:

And I got my pins years ago. :rolleyes:

Just off an RCCL ship and discussions with two individuals yielded the following...

The changes will be positive and will include...

1. An upgrading of the coupon book. RCCL has heard the complaints!

2. A restoration of some combinability features... e.g. coupons and onboard booking. Apparantly, the stockholder credit is still being debated.

3. There will be NO CHANGES to the number of cruise credits needed to attain various elite levels.

It all sounded very positive to me!:)

Very good news on the coupon book! This was one of the major things wrong that I found in my Oasis Review (see thread elsewhere) - nothing really needed improving with the ship, but the C&A program was severely lacking.

Glad they are listening. I will amend the review once we get some confirmation from those Loyal to Royal here! :D

Well........I got an email to my father in law....who does not have "on line capabilities"....ie...everything comes to my computer.

He has 27 CC and he gets all kinds of offers. We have over 90.......and get nothing.

I'm not complaining.........just comparing notes!

The new goodies.........good for RCCL to at least give something back!

Rick

I received the same phone call earlier today. I'm very curious. Mr. Goldstein said, "C&A members have spoke and RCCL has listerned. Positive changes coming soon" Must be something if they sent out a phone message.

I received the same phone call earlier today. I'm very curious. Mr. Goldstein said, "C&A members have spoke and RCCL has listened. Positive changes coming soon" Must be something if they sent out a phone message.

We are away from home and may or may not have received a phone message. We did receive a very comprehensive email from RCCL, authored by Adam Goldstein, detailing the improvements & additions to the new C&A program.

We are delighted with the new program.

I had been thinking of moving more of my future travel to other lines (Holland, Princess, Cunard) however, with the 150% single occupancy fare; I may contineue toward the 50 credit goal. Later in life (though at 38 it would be nice to find someone) I could save some real money.

I just spoke with C&A. Even though new books wont be ready for our cruise next week, there will be a sheet in the stateroom with the new coupons on it.

Archived