C&A Changes - Positive!

I just spoke with C&A. Even though new books wont be ready for our cruise next week, there will be a sheet in the stateroom with the new coupons on it.

That's good to hear. Let's hope it is fleetwide!

Was I dreaming or did I read somewhere that one of the enhancements was a 15% discount off Tuxedo rental for Diamond and 20% discount for Diamond plus C&A Members.

The RCI UK site has finally caught up with the US site and is detailing the new benefits, but since the 1st June it appears to have lost the Tuxedo rental discounts.:confused:

Was I dreaming or did I read somewhere that one of the enhancements was a 15% discount off Tuxedo rental for Diamond and 20% discount for Diamond plus C&A Members.

The RCI UK site has finally caught up with the US site and is detailing the new benefits, but since the 1st June it appears to have lost the Tuxedo rental discounts.:confused:

You didnt dream it Pete...15% off Tuxedo rental for Diamonds & 20% off for Dplus. :D oh and Platinum get 10% off Tuxedo rental.

Interesting, let's wait and see. I am just back off the Splendour and the Gold booklets were not as good as preious. The Internet credit was the best option for some web surfing and checking emails. We use the Spa and the 10% was handy but I know a lot of of people don't use that.

At the Spa they automatically added the 15% service charge where as previously it was at the customer's discretion. Even though I have always tipped, if I was not pleased with a service I would like to be able to not reward for so so service.....

I wouldn't be too happy for the staff to arrive 15 minutes late, then stick us with a tip. For both of our Couple's Rasul treatments, they were 15-20 minutes late.

Cruise credits are earned as follows:

1 cruise credit for completing a sailing

1 cruise credit for booking a JS cabain or above

1 cruise credit for sailings of 12+ nights or longer (including cruise tours)

The maximum number of credits earned on any one sailing is 3.

After you have completed your first cruise you are encouraged to join the Crown & Anchor Society. This is where you will get additional benefits the more you cruise.

You are a Gold Member after you have completed your first cruise and up to your 4th cruise credit.

You are a Platinum Member after you have earned your 5th cruise credit.

You are a Diamond Member after you have earned your 10th cruise credit.

You are a Diamond Plus Member after you have earned your 24th cruise credit.

Here is what you get with each level http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do;jsessionid=0000olbcOsNsJ_er2OuGXluHle1:12h3g0fq2?cS=NAVBAR

We didn't know about the C&A either, but I spoke with another cruiser who encouraged us to get registered. Because of the welcome back reception and the commemorative gift (discontinued). So, I called them a week before our cruise, and they had the record of our first cruise back in 1996! Good thing we did, the cruise ended up being a Member's Cruise, and a great welcome back to Royal Caribbean. When we made our original reservation, it was between RCI and Holland America, and we chose RCI because they would guarantee our airfare and the other didn't.

Personally, I still miss the commemorative gift, and RCI really could have used that as a lot of good advertising, by changing the cheap leather frames to shopping bags, pens, coffee mugs, keychains, fridge magnets etc. Loved the pens with the gel grips that lit up.

You didnt dream it Pete...15% off Tuxedo rental for Diamonds & 20% off for Dplus. :D oh and Platinum get 10% off Tuxedo rental.

Hi Liz, thanks for the confirmation, but when following the link from the email I received from Adam Goldstein, I can't find any mention of this now. I suppose we'll see when we try and rent our next Tux.

Ok, so one more usless coupon for me.
Not for us, I welcome it.

Yes me too ...but I do like the Free Photo coupon for Diamond members & the 30 minutes free internet :D

Me too, especially as the rate for what is a very mediocre internet service has increased to 65c per minute.

Hi Liz, thanks for the confirmation, but when following the link from the email I received from Adam Goldstein, I can't find any mention of this now. I suppose we'll see when we try and rent our next Tux.

If you phone UK office tomorrow they will confirm the 15% off Tux rental...ask them to email you the details if they are not on the UK website.

Hey at least you got the email from Adam...I didnt get one :(

Pete, I've seen a copy of the benefits list and can confirm there's definitely 15% off tux rental for Diamond and 20% for Diamond plus :)

Pete, I've seen a copy of the benefits list and can confirm there's definitely 15% off tux rental for Diamond and 20% for Diamond plus :)

Thank you for confirmation of what I posted, I have the same list.:D

Did you spot the error on it ?

Yes and for Platinum..they made a blunder with the wording and it did cause some upset but they will be sorting it.

Ooh, just noticed Platinum - I only looked at Diamond since we've just reached that level ;). I did have a little bit of a panic but everything else showed it as 10 credits so assumed it was a typo :rolleyes:

Thank you for confirmation of what I posted, I have the same list.:D

Did you spot the error on it ?

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated. Actually when I access the C&A UK site (http://www.crownandanchorsociety.co.uk/php/diamond.php) and look at the benefits, this discount for Tux rental, $2 per minute off stateroom phone calls and 15% off Caricaturist Artist portrait

are displayed, but none of these are listed when following the link to RCI website and looking at the benefits listed there.

No wonder people get confused!

Ooh, just noticed Platinum - I only looked at Diamond since we've just reached that level ;). I did have a little bit of a panic but everything else showed it as 10 credits so assumed it was a typo :rolleyes:

Sadly some of the agents referring to the list didnt assume it was a typo :(

Prior to the C&A changes, as a diamond plus member the best balcony/suite discount I ever had applied to a 10 night or more cruise was £170 which was supposed to equate to a rate of 300 USD (when did we last see an official exchange rate of 1.76 :confused:). On a new reservation I made yesterday within 6 months of a sailing in this category I was pleased to have the newly announced improved discount of 325 USD applied at £220 (1.48 exchange rate sounds more like it today - thanks for the adjustment RCI). I assume that the benefit of this new conversion rate will apply to other C&A levels too ;).

I am a Diamond member and I rented a tux just yesterday and did not get or see any discounts you refer to. I even called Crown & Anchor today and they did not know of any tux rental discounts. I also re read the letter I received from RCI about the new changes and I also looked at the Crown & Anchor web site and neither mention discounts for tux rentals.

Shak

Prior to the C&A changes, as a diamond plus member the best balcony/suite discount I ever had applied to a 10 night or more cruise was £170 which was supposed to equate to a rate of 300 USD (when did we last see an official exchange rate of 1.76 :confused:). On a new reservation I made yesterday within 6 months of a sailing in this category I was pleased to have the newly announced improved discount of 325 USD applied at £220 (1.48 exchange rate sounds more like it today - thanks for the adjustment RCI). I assume that the benefit of this new conversion rate will apply to other C&A levels too ;).

Reckon we got done on the 28th May when a $300 balcony discount was calculated to be only worth £168! At your rate of 1.48 we should have got at least £200! Perhaps I should have waited:(

I am a Diamond member and I rented a tux just yesterday and did not get or see any discounts you refer to. I even called Crown & Anchor today and they did not know of any tux rental discounts. I also re read the letter I received from RCI about the new changes and I also looked at the Crown & Anchor web site and neither mention discounts for tux rentals.

Shak

I believe that's because the discount comes as a coupon in the discounts booklet and, as has been posted elsewhere on the site, the new discount booklets will not be available until around the end of this month.

I believe that's because the discount comes as a coupon in the discounts booklet and, as has been posted elsewhere on the site, the new discount booklets will not be available until around the end of this month.

Th lady at Crown & Anchor told me that at one time there was such a coupon when they made the transition from an outside tux rental source to in house tux rental, but went on to say those have been long gone. She also contacted her supervisor to check on tux rental discounts to no avail. If you have seen this discount in print please let me know where.

I'll be on the Liberty July 18 and I'll check the coupon book. Again I see nowhere on RCI web site this perk.

Shak

Th lady at Crown & Anchor told me that at one time there was such a coupon when they made the transition from an outside tux rental source to in house tux rental, but went on to say those have been long gone. She also contacted her supervisor to check on tux rental discounts to no avail. If you have seen this discount in print please let me know where.

I'll be on the Liberty July 18 and I'll check the coupon book. Again I see nowhere on RCI web site this perk.

Shak

Have you logged into the RCCL website and gone to the C&A section? You should be able to see the perks there.

Have you logged into the RCCL website and gone to the C&A section? You should be able to see the perks there.

The reason you see it is because it is listed on the Crown & Anchor UK but not on the US. I am on hold now with the US Crown & Anchor.

Shak

Archived