Latest you can book a cruise?

My wife and I want to book the Explorer of the seas to Bermuda July 3rd but I have some upcoming job interviews and want to book as late as we can just in case these interviews make it impossible to go on Explorer. How late can you book a cruise? Also what is your opinion of the promenade rooms overlooking Main St/mall on RCL ships? Thanks JC

Bookings do not close 72 hours before the cruise. On domestic cruises, those that leave and return to the U.S. can generally be booked as late as approximately 2 p.m. ( +/- a couple hours) the evening before.

For the July 3rd Explorer cruise, IF ROOMS ARE STILL AVAILABLE can be booked up until approximately 2 p.m.on Friday July 2nd.

Check in, if done on line, has to be done 72 hours before sailing, so that will have to be completed at the terminal on boarding day.

There are currently about 100 cabins, plus however many Cat X and E1 guarantees are available, still left unbooked for this cruise.

The promenade rooms are fine for these cruises. However they are currently sold out.

Wow thanks a lot for the help. Great,great info. I think with 100 cabins still open we can probably do it 2 weeks before which is what we are shooting for. I think we'll just go for a balcony,what the hell. Thanks JC

I was told I could book as late as Sat afternoon for a cruise leaving on Sunday. they cannot process it on sunday.

Might be able to book the morning of a cruise, if it was leaving on a business day.

I always wonder why people post that 72 hours crap when they have no knowledge of the subject. (sorry for being blunt, but I see it so often, its like people start to think its true).

I always wonder why people post that 72 hours crap when they have no knowledge of the subject. (sorry for being blunt, but I see it so often, its like people start to think its true).

Well I was one of those people that thought it was true as well UNTIL I posted it here and was QUICKLY jumped on and corrected :D

I think the reason people post it is because the cruise lines clearly stress that the manifest is due to Homeland Security 72 hours before sailing.

Its really a non issue for me. I have no choice but to book 9 months to a year out as I have to have a wheelchair accessible cabin and being that there arent that many on the ships, they go FAST!

My parents work at the terminal in Baltimore and said a couple came to the terminal with their bags packed and had no reservations or booking. At the end of the day they said the couple was boarding the ship. I have heard about the 72 hour rule also. I do not know how they did it but they did get on. My parents said even when the ship is sold out there are always a few no shows. Carnival is the line out of Baltimore right now so they may have a different policy. It is probably worth a call to rccl to see what they say.

Kevin

Wow thanks a lot for the help. Great,great info. I think with 100 cabins still open we can probably do it 2 weeks before which is what we are shooting for. I think we'll just go for a balcony,what the hell. Thanks JC

You can do that but in my experience, Explorer prices (in some categories) go on sale about 6 weeks before sailing and as you get closer to sail date, the prices will go up. So keep checking and if you see a good price you may want to book it then.

ps this ship always seems to sail full during the summertime and triples and quads are gone near sail date.

I just looked at this sailing and the prices for all categories are high so keep an eye out for residency discounts and sales events.

Thanks again for the info. I have learned a lot. I guess we should just take the chance and book and if my interviews come up just hope they can reschedule them. Its only a 5 day cruise so I hope it wouldn't be a huge problem. Only time will tell right? Thanks again JC

I was told I could book as late as Sat afternoon for a cruise leaving on Sunday. they cannot process it on sunday.

Might be able to book the morning of a cruise, if it was leaving on a business day.

and I always wonder why its neccesary to be so rude if someone does not know?. Why jump on others. Isent thier a way to explain it in way that does not hurt others feelings?

Adri

and I always wonder why its neccesary to be so rude if someone does not know?. Why jump on others. Isent thier a way to explain it in way that does not hurt others feelings?

Adri

I hope there was nothing in my response to the op's question that anyone found offensive.

Thanks again for the info. I have learned a lot. I guess we should just take the chance and book and if my interviews come up just hope they can reschedule them. Its only a 5 day cruise so I hope it wouldn't be a huge problem. Only time will tell right? Thanks again JC

Every Tuesday RCI typically has a 1 day sale. The information is usually available late on the previous Thursday. This Tuesday's sale (6/1/2010) actually started on Friday for the extended holiday weekend. You could wait until Thursday evening, 6/3/2010, to see if the Explorer 7/3 sailing will be included. Doing so would be at the risk of selling out or price increases.

Also, just because it doesn't list on the one day sale, doesn't mean it is no longer available, (either as an available cruise, or particular cabin category) or selling at a reduced price. Basically, you have to go on line, or contact your travel agent to find out.

I hope there was nothing in my response to the op's question that anyone found offensive.

I did not think so. Your answer was succient and to the point but not rude. Also just want to say lets keep kicking Cancers butt.

Adri

Adri

Im sorry, to have expressed it rudely and to let my exasperation show thru. Sorry again, I shouldnt have expressed how I felt about rumors being posted as facts and kept my feelings to myself.

Archived