Lost Camera - Any Arubans Here?

If any of you are sitting at home bored tomorrow, turn on CNN. They are running my story at 12:45ish EDT. I won't be in the studio. The camera owner and I will be doing the interview by telephone.

By the way, the You Tube video has now gone over 2,000,000 views and is currently the #1 most popular video on You Tube. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E43sg-Ytt58

Just set the DVR.:)

I just saw it too (had to set a timer to remind me:rolleyes:). The story was much more compelling in writing than it was on CNN....but good, nonetheless.

Yea, he really wanted to focus on the turtle video, rather than the story behind it.

Yea, he really wanted to focus on the turtle video, rather than the story behind it.

ITA....so the turtle gets first billing and you, who put many hours of your own time......well lets just leave it at that!

Paul...your still our # 1 hero and super star!! :) ;) :D

• 3 weeks later...

Paul, I don't know if you read these original posts anymore but I did want to resurrect this one to thank you for sharing this story with me. Although it did "waste" about 3 hours of my time today, it was an absolute blast reliving the detective work of yourself and those posters over at scubaboard.com.

What an amazing story.

Please let us know when NBC will be airing their piece they did on it.

Thanks, Duke. NBC Nightly News filmed this past Friday. It should air on Fri or Sat evening. I'll post it when I know for sure. :)

Hopefully, it's better than that piece of crap CNN pulled.

Hopefully, it's better than that piece of crap CNN pulled.

No kidding. We actually discussed that. They promised to put them to shame. We'll see. They did a lot of filming, both where I found the camera, in my office, and on the CG base.

As of right now, it does not appear as though I'll get bumped. This story should air tonight on NBC Nightly News at 6:30 Eastern. Fingers are crossed it turns out better than the last couple broadcasts.

Well from someone in the UK who's been following this, but won't get to see it on TV, please let us know if it airs and, if someone can, please upload it and post a link to youtube :)