Lost Camera - Any Arubans Here?

Thanks, everyone. They did a pretty good job puting it all together. In the interview, I gave a lot of credit to these websites. I only wish they would have shown that part. But oh well, time was limited. :)

Wow Paul. That was a great show. They did a lot better than CNN. Thanks for posting that link. It was nice to watch it again. You looked soooo comfortable on camera. Good job!

For the record, I knew this guy before he was famous! :D

We had to go out tonight but set the DVR just to see the report. Glad it was better than CNN but to bad it couldn't of been longer so they could go into more detail about how you looked for the owner, how much you and the owner have in common, and that the dive where the camera was lost was to recover an anchor from a WWII ship for a museum.

The whole story is amazing even without the turtle. But the turtle is soooooooooooo cool. And you looked cool on camera.

I was so happy to see the YouTube segment of the NBC Report. What a great story! I've searched for the Facebook page but turn up nothing. Do you mind sharing that link with us, too, as we can't seem to get enough of this amazing saga!

I was so happy to see the YouTube segment of the NBC Report. What a great story! I've searched for the Facebook page but turn up nothing. Do you mind sharing that link with us, too, as we can't seem to get enough of this amazing saga!

If you have a lot of time on your hands and would like to read how it all came together, this is the Scubaboard thread that really cracked it open. You can read it, but to see all the pictures, you have to register. It's free. I'm pretty sure I can post this...

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/basic-scuba-discussions/335831-found-camera-stage-com-help.html

I don't know a whole lot about Facebook. I didn't know there was a page dedicated to it. I have it posted on my wall, but that's all I'm really aware of. Maybe someone can help with that one.

For those who missed the broadcast last night, you can view it this morning on the homepage of NBC Nightly News.

Here is the link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/

Click full broadcast and July 10, 2010. Scroll down to "Turtle inadvertently films self"

Paul-great and wonderful story....I am sorry I did not meet you and your wife last summer on Enchantment!:o

First Paul, thanks for posting the NBC video link. I just started reading this thread today (YES I had to read through EIGHTEEN PAGES, lol) because I just kept ignoring it.

I actually thought it was gonna turn out to be some kind of joke. I'm so glad it wasn't. What a great story. And I love that it's someone I went back and forth with on this board for quite a while, especially last year when I was here much more than I have been lately. I feel like I know you, lol.

Anyway, congrats on your new-found fame. BTW in listening to you on NBC...where are you originally from? Sounds like a bit of Chicago in your accent there.

Anyway, congrats on your new-found fame. BTW in listening to you on NBC...where are you originally from? Sounds like a bit of Chicago in your accent there.

I grew up in NE Ohio, but I think I may have picked up a bit of the accents down here in the 13 years I've lived here. Many of the Conchs (born Key Westers) have a strange accent that originated in the Bahamas, and there is a lot of Spanglish.