What electical service in cabins on Mariner?

Are outlets US standard 110 V and US standard sockets (two prong blade)?

I know for sure on Voyager and assume on the other two that in addition to standard US 110V sockets, there are pin sockets for 220V. Most of my electronics are 110/220 compatible and with an adapter I carried, was able to use all of the sockets.

We've just returned from 20 days on Navigator and used both the regular 110V sockets and the 220 pin sockets. The set-up is quite similar on Mariner & Voyager as well. There are both types at the desk and at the make-up table. Using both types of socket is a good way to expand one's recharging options (for electronics, that is - for personal recharging, the lounges work quite well).

good thinking Freddie! As for me, I always bring along a power strip because there is no way there would ever be enough outlets for all of the electrical items we seem to need every day ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw this thread, but I just want to confirm something.... you can bring a power strip on board Regent ships in your luggage? I've read on some other cruise line boards that they are confiscating this type of thing as they don't want to overload their circuits. A power strip is a great way to recharge gadgets when there are limited outlets. There are some minis out there that don't take up much room, either, and I was hoping to use one in Jan on Mariner. If its no problem on Regent, this is good news!

They are fine -- as long as you don't plug them into a 240 volt plug and fry them. We take a couple of adapters that look like the picture. They work great -- easier for us than a power strip (and are very inexpensive).

318DZCBRGBL._AA280_.jpg

It's fine using power strips for the low power requirements of device chargers; phones, laptops, iPads, iPods, Kindles, etc. - but please don't plug in multiple high current items such as hair dryers, TVs, lamps, etc - that's where you might run into some problems. :eek:

If in doubt, check the wattage drawn by your appliances and total them up. I'd assume that most outlets would be safe up to the standard 15A (although I could be wrong on that, I'd keep it lower than that personally).

I'm still waiting for someone to standardize the charging connectors on personal devices - I usually carry one or two chargers with a dozen or so cables it seems like! There's USB, mini-USB, micro-USB, iPod, etc. . .and then all of the proprietary chargers. . .aargh!!

:p

I'm still waiting for someone to standardize the charging connectors on personal devices - I usually carry one or two chargers with a dozen or so cables it seems like! There's USB, mini-USB, micro-USB, iPod, etc. . .and then all of the proprietary chargers. . .aargh!!

:p

Here, Here Bill! Your lips to God's ears :)

Archived