My review of QM2 in Princess Grill

north east girl

Hi Rob, How nice to have all the parties to attend. We did enjoy the ports of call.

I would love to do the ful 20 days, we can only have 2 weeks holidays at a time. Would have to do TA to NY, then Canada and fly back.

We have the med book for September, maybe 2011.

Catherine

Im lucky , I can lots of days lol, 2011 we are on Queen Elizabeth to Baltics and QM2 B2B Ta in October, do join us, or we have some shorter ones as well

Rotterdam was the best sailaway, Bruges is always nice and shame about Cherbourg being closed all morning, but the ships is a great destination anyway

Im lucky , I can lots of days lol, 2011 we are on Queen Elizabeth to Baltics and QM2 B2B Ta in October, do join us, or we have some shorter ones as well

Rotterdam was the best sailaway, Bruges is always nice and shame about Cherbourg being closed all morning, but the ships is a great destination anyway

I've been checking our the shorter cruises, which ones are you doing?

Catherine

Sorry I missed the meet up too. I did go to the Commodore Club the first evening at 10.45 but couldn't see any group that looked like it might be CC. Rotterdam was wonderful as always. The welcome there with the three fireboats is amazing, and my trip to Barfleur was excellent too. Roll on Queen Elizabeth.

Sorry I missed the meet up too. I did go to the Commodore Club the first evening at 10.45 but couldn't see any group that looked like it might be CC. Rotterdam was wonderful as always. The welcome there with the three fireboats is amazing, and my trip to Barfleur was excellent too. Roll on Queen Elizabeth.

Oh, you mean the get up at 5.30am and be on deck for 6am welcome, lol. it really was worth it to sail down the river with the fireboat, the barges and the turn in the river:)

Hi ships cat, we were in the commodore club. we met up with Lynn (jimsgirl). We were sat near the piano for quite a while, may have just missed you.

I had her cabin number and rang her after our first lunch onboard and she joined us in our cabin. It was lovely to meet such a nice lady.

We also met up with Stephen who started the roll call for afternoon tea on Sunday in the Queens Grill Lounge. It was nice to put faces to names.

Catherine and Tony

Oh, you mean the get up at 5.30am and be on deck for 6am welcome, lol. it really was worth it to sail down the river with the fireboat, the barges and the turn in the river:)

Yes - that's the one!! The reason I don't book tours in Rotetrdam !! :)

> We also met up with Stephen who started the roll call for afternoon tea on Sunday in the Queens Grill Lounge. It was nice to put faces to names.

I was lovely to see you both and Jimsgirl. We had a wonderful cruise. Our cabin (Q4 10133) was great and well located. The service in our restaurant was superb. The only slight downside was our butler. All in all a lovely cruise with lovely people.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Hi, we had 2 formal nights and 2 elegant casual nights and also the Captain's cocktail party. Although a short trip it was very enjoyable, just wished we lived a little closer to the port. We have a 6 hours drive, a 2 day trip would be too short for us. I think 5 is about right if you consider the price.

Catherine

Thanks for that , We are lucky only living a 20 minute drive from the port.

Also get the chance to see her go past Southsea when she leaves.

we decided on 3 shorter P&o cruises, they had offers we could not say no too + we are doing a nile cruise as well, 7 in all

Hi Rob, been checking out the trips for 2011, have seen two possible ones that may suit.

We would only do one, QV have a 5 day at the end of April and QM2 has a 8 day at the beginning of May, which I fancy a bit more because it has a few sea days and I do like to have time on the ship.

I could book the same time off work and wait until later and see if the prices come down. Thats why we booked our last trip.

Not told hubby though, what he doesn't know wont worry him. I've decided I'm going to enjoy my life while I'm still young enough. He likes to keep the money in the bank.

Catherine

Yes - that's the one!! The reason I don't book tours in Rotetrdam !! :)

Hi ships cat, we walked into the city at 10 o'clock thinking it would be the same as home, browsing from 10 til 11. We could see the shops were still closed so popped in MacDonalds for coffee, had to laugh at that.

We were then told the shops don't open until 12, I said to Tony lets get back on board. Just as we were entering the ship it started to rain.

Did enjoy the sailaway, this our first trip with ports of call.

Catherine

No but P passengers are entitled to use the Grill Lounge (and the Grill Deck).

Hi cruiseluvva,

Peter is right you can use the Queens Grill Lounge, you also use it for afternoon tea. We only managed one afternoon tea because of excursions.

I loved the Grills Deck on 11, you get an amazing view of the sailaways from there.

Did enjoy everything Princess Grill had to offer.

Catherine

I had hoped to visit the Rotterdam (my first cruise ship) but didn't make it. However I took some photos at the sailaway from our balcony.

The sailaway was lovely, like you I was already dressed for dinner and I enjoyed waving to the crowds who had turned up to see QM2.

I'm now looking forward to the Summer Getaway on QV at the end of August, must remember to take my clotted cream ;)

Hi cruiseluvva,

Peter is right you can use the Queens Grill Lounge, you also use it for afternoon tea. We only managed one afternoon tea because of excursions.

I loved the Grills Deck on 11, you get an amazing view of the sailaways from there.

Did enjoy everything Princess Grill had to offer.

Catherine

We did a P-1 Jan.'09. We loved it. We're doing a Queens Suite this time. We usually do 10-11 day voyages. We did an 8 day(really 7 when you get down to it) about 4 years ago. Enjoyable, but time just flies too fast. I heard when you do the Grills, you never go back! The priority embarkation is SO worth it. On that 8 day cruise we sweltered for about 2.5 hours in Ft. Lauderdale. The Q suite, we feel is probably a 1 time deal for us. The Princess Grill offers mostly the same, except less Caviar & such. We really don't need such a large room, but we want to do it just once. We do find that the more you cruise, the lower the prices(within reason)seem to be. Nice reward for repeat travelers.

Being on the Grills upper terrace, it was rather amusing to watch folks get "carded" & asked to vacate, if not in a Grills suite. I feel, if you're paying for that "extra" touch, then you're entitiled to the perks that come along. Too bad you didn't get to do the tea a bit more. You certainly get better service & quality v/s Queens room. Hope your next voyage goes just as well.

We did a P-1 Jan.'09. We loved it. We're doing a Queens Suite this time. We usually do 10-11 day voyages. We did an 8 day(really 7 when you get down to it) about 4 years ago. Enjoyable, but time just flies too fast. I heard when you do the Grills, you never go back! The priority embarkation is SO worth it. On that 8 day cruise we sweltered for about 2.5 hours in Ft. Lauderdale. The Q suite, we feel is probably a 1 time deal for us. The Princess Grill offers mostly the same, except less Caviar & such. We really don't need such a large room, but we want to do it just once. We do find that the more you cruise, the lower the prices(within reason)seem to be. Nice reward for repeat travelers.

Being on the Grills upper terrace, it was rather amusing to watch folks get "carded" & asked to vacate, if not in a Grills suite. I feel, if you're paying for that "extra" touch, then you're entitiled to the perks that come along. Too bad you didn't get to do the tea a bit more. You certainly get better service & quality v/s Queens room. Hope your next voyage goes just as well.

Hi keithm, Our next trip in September is in a B3 in hull cabin. Don't know if we will ever get the chance to do grills again. Really pleased we did it once, it made the trip really special.

Our med trip has 6 sea days and 6 ports of call, looking forward to being onboard again so soon. I'm becoming a cunard junkie, have checked for some possible trips for next year.

Just going to make it a short one as we have a wedding to pay for late 2011.

Catherine

Hi keithm, Our next trip in September is in a B3 in hull cabin. Don't know if we will ever get the chance to do grills again. Really pleased we did it once, it made the trip really special.

Our med trip has 6 sea days and 6 ports of call, looking forward to being onboard again so soon. I'm becoming a cunard junkie, have checked for some possible trips for next year.

Catherine

You will love the in Hull, you will become a cruise junkie lol, look at us we have 6 booked for 2011 so and more to come I hope. dont forget to try and team up with us lol

we may come and wave you off in september:)

Enjoy your cruises, well I know you lol.

You will love the in Hull, you will become a cruise junkie lol, look at us we have 6 booked for 2011 so and more to come I hope. dont forget to try and team up with us lol

we may come and wave you off in september:)

Enjoy your cruises, well I know you lol.

Thanks Rob, once the wedding is over next year I'm sure we will beable to make a couple of trips a year. May even do what you do Rob and book inside cabins.

Anyway that is what I'm thinking, not sure if Tony will agree.

Will try and make one of your trips for sure. Especially with all your cruising experience, you could pass on a few tips to us on which is the best places to visit.

Catherine

Catherine

I presume the "in hull" means Sheltered balcony? We did 3 cruises on decks 4 & 5(sheltered Balcony)last year we did the Princess Grill. The only thing I don't like(minor issue)about the Britannia Restaurant is that it can get really quite noisy. You may have 1000+ people eating at the same time(we always did early seating)I just kind of liked the less harried feeling of the Grills. The staff, however was always great wearever you ate. The fact they could remember our names & our likes(such as a sorbet intermezzo)was amazing.

I presume the "in hull" means Sheltered balcony? We did 3 cruises on decks 4 & 5(sheltered Balcony)last year we did the Princess Grill. The only thing I don't like(minor issue)about the Britannia Restaurant is that it can get really quite noisy. You may have 1000+ people eating at the same time(we always did early seating)I just kind of liked the less harried feeling of the Grills. The staff, however was always great wearever you ate. The fact they could remember our names & our likes(such as a sorbet intermezzo)was amazing.

Yes I did enjoy getting to know the staff better, this is because you are served your 3 meals in the same seats. Like you say it is less noisy than Britannia.

Just looking forward to being back on again, we will be on deck 5.

Catherine

Archived