2 More Weeks to Wait for Magic's Homeport

spencercoop

I'm still sticking with South Florida (FL or MIA) for that reason.

I am thinking FLL because they made that agreement to carry more people out of FLL. So it would be a great way to boost capacity and compete with the Oasis and Allure.

Why would Carnival care to "Compete" with South FL ships, when they can dominate the Texas market with a brand new ship. Conquest is already commanding out of wack fares in my opinion, so a new ship could even command higher fares.

Due to their size Allure and Oasis cant use another terminal, so they are pretty much stuck there. Carnival has more options.

Why would Carnival care to "Compete" with South FL ships, when they can dominate the Texas market with a brand new ship. Conquest is already commanding out of wack fares in my opinion, so a new ship could even command higher fares.

They already dominate the Texas market. They homeport 2 ships there year round when the only other cruise line that homeports out of Texas has 1 ship there for only 6 months out of the year.

I'm sure Carnival's going to do "something" in N.O, no doubt about it, since the RCCL Voyager is coming to town at the same time (of course bigger and much newer than the Triumph) and NCL will be sailing year-round. Whether that means the Magic will be deployed or a second ship, who knows?

They already dominate the Texas market. They homeport 2 ships there year round when the only other cruise line that homeports out of Texas has 1 ship there for only 6 months out of the year.

Hmm thought Mariner was going to be there fulltime. There is no end to how much you can dominate a market. But trying to compete in an already flooded market, can cause you to lower fares.

Carnival needs to do something with Glory and Valor out of Miami, they essentially do the same cruise and are the cheapest 7 day cruises week in and week out. <----thats the stockholder in me speaking...lol

Hmm thought Mariner was going to be there fulltime. There is no end to how much you can dominate a market. But trying to compete in an already flooded market, can cause you to lower fares.

Carnival needs to do something with Glory and Valor out of Miami, they essentially do the same cruise and are the cheapest 7 day cruises week in and week out. <----thats the stockholder in me speaking...lol

Nope :( Mariner is there just from sometime in Nov until about mid april.

... just taking the part time place of Voyager, darn.

Nope the Mariner is going to Europe during the summer.

Yes, I don't think that is very smart either. They need to create new itineraries out of Miami.

Due to their size Allure and Oasis cant use another terminal, so they are pretty much stuck there. Carnival has more options.

Actually, all the cruises I compared, Ecstasy comands a higher per day price than Conquest :( ... if you think Conquest has high prices, look at little Ecstasy.

Actually, all the cruises I compared, Ecstasy comands a higher per day price than Conquest :( ... if you think Conquest has high prices, look at little Ecstasy.

True, but Im sure Ecstasy would remain there,and Conquest would be replaced. If people are willing to pay that much for Conquest, they will salivate over a new ship and pay accordingly.

Guess we will find out soon enough.

Short cruises do cost more per day than longer cruises. The port doesn't really matter. The demand is greater.

I am thinking FLL because they made that agreement to carry more people out of FLL. So it would be a great way to boost capacity and compete with the Oasis and Allure.

I agree with you. On the poll, I had to vote for Galveston (living in Houston), but I really think Carnival has a deal in place related to the expansion of Port Everglades. And yes, to compete with RCCL's Oasis & Alure.

Marty

I'd like to say Port Canaveral, being so close to the Orlando Magic and Disney. But, doubt that will happen with the Dream docked there.

Seems there is so much competition in Miami, I doubt it goes there. NCL's newest opens there.

I'll guess Port Everglades.

Edited that after finding out Tampa wasn't on the list. Spencer is right about the size under the bridge.

I'd like to say Port Canaveral, being so close to the Orlando Magic and Disney. But, doubt that will happen with the Dream docked there.

Seems there is so much competition in Miami, I doubt it goes there. NCL's newest opens there.

I'll guess Tampa.

The Magic is too big to fit under the bridge.

The Port Everglades deal is over 15 years, so there really is no reason to move a new ship there now, they could easily wait until 2012 and put Breeze there.
Plus the deal is with Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, P&O Cruises, Cunard Line and the Yachts of Seabourn.

[quote name='Calker']While dining at the Chef's Table dinners on the Dream 5/3 and again on 5/10 the Chef stated at both meals that the home port would be Miami.[/quote]

No offense, but Carnival employees are all over the place guessing. The new FCC agent on Triumph said she heard definetely Galveston... so that proves ?? ..that Carnival employees don't know either?

[quote name='firefly333']No offense, but Carnival employees are all over the place guessing. The new FCC agent on Triumph said she heard definetely Galveston... so that proves ?? ..that Carnival employees don't know either?[/QUOTE]

I don't think the Chef would be the first person to trust to relay the information.:D

[B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Red"]I cruised on the "Dream" and after doing that ship I probably wouldn't cruise that ship again or any sister ship of it.....So I guess I could give a hoot where the "Magic" cruises from....;);)[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

[quote name='Laurab23']Me too. And a newer ship with the nice spa area.[/quote]
Maybe after the TA cruise, they will do a few cruises in NYC, like Dream did last year.
I think Carnival would be wise to let a new ship sail from a couple of different ports before it end up in its true homeport.

Archived