2 More Weeks to Wait for Magic's Homeport

spencercoop

New Orleans could get the Magic for 7 day- Eastern/Western

and Ecstasy for 4 and 5 day :D

Galveston can keep the Conquest and take the Triumph :cool:

I think NOLA gets Magic and keeps Triumph for 4-5 cruises, although Ecstasy would be ok, or even Conquest.

I'm kind of partial to Conquest since it has a Fish and Chips (or Sur Mer), and I can get my fried ersters!

The survey clearly supports New Orleans getting Magic. ;)

I def think NOLA will be getting a second ship regardless. When the Triumph arrived port officials said the chances were really strong that a second ship would arrive in 2011. Carnival has stated time and again that NOLA is one of their best ports. I think they need a second ship now that NCL and RCCL are stepping up the pressure.

One of three things will happen, looking into my little used crystal ball...

Magic / Ecstasy in NOLA

Conquest / Triumph in Galveston

Conquest / Ecstasy in NOLA

Magic / Triumph in Galveston

Conquest / Triumph in NOLA

Magic / Ecstasy in Galveston

I suppose a case could be made for any of the above.

I talked with my TA a couple days ago and he said that he talked with carnival reps and they said that the Conquest was only committed to be in Galveston through the fall of 2011, and that BIG changes were coming to Galveston. So whatever that is suppose to mean. Hopefully those BIG changes are to at least bring the MAGIC our way.

I talked with my TA a couple days ago and he said that he talked with carnival reps and they said that the Conquest was only committed to be in Galveston through the fall of 2011, and that BIG changes were coming to Galveston. So whatever that is suppose to mean. Hopefully those BIG changes are to at least bring the MAGIC our way.

That is a pretty big "at least". That would mean two of the last 3 ships Carnival brought in were not assigned to Florida.

I have a hard time taking the idea of the Magic going to Galveston as everyone seems to be talking about seriously. That's one of those ports that gets aging ships, not the first class new ones.

Florida seems a safe bet, but I wouldn't entirely rule out some other high profile location like New York.

I have a hard time taking the idea of the Magic going to Galveston as everyone seems to be talking about seriously. That's one of those ports that gets aging ships, not the first class new ones.

Florida seems a safe bet, but I wouldn't entirely rule out some other high profile location like New York.

Not entirely true!

When the Conquest arrived in Galveston, she was only 3 years old. Also, the Elation sailed out of Galveston for a couple of years in 2004, 2005. She was the newest, or second newest of the Fantasy class ships.

In many ways it does seem like it would be a long shot that the Magic will be placed in Galveston. However, considering that the Magic will be better suited for the winter time weather in the Gulf, I think it is entirely possible that she could end up in Galveston.

Maybe this has been answered but why would Carnival place their newest ship in Galveston and limit the ship to Western itineraries only? I see there are also some Bahama sailings from there but I can't imagine they can get top dollar on those sailings. Seems to me it would make more sense to place their newest big ship someplace where it wouldn't be limited to Western Caribbean only.

Just my opinion:

Florida has too many ships already.

NOLA is a port I did not like. Too small, cramped, and customs set-up sucks! (remember..my opinion, i know alot like this port)

Galveston sails full every sailing at top price. The city is a great beach spot for pre and post activities. The Texas market is very loyal to Carnival and would easily fill up 3 ships.

However, I dont care what they do with Magic just release the itins already so I can book something for March 2012!:D

Maybe this has been answered but why would Carnival place their newest ship in Galveston and limit the ship to Western itineraries only? I see there are also some Bahama sailings from there but I can't imagine they can get top dollar on those sailings. Seems to me it would make more sense to place their newest big ship someplace where it wouldn't be limited to Western Caribbean only.

Carnival is charging on average more for the Bahamas itinerary then for the Western Caribbean itinerary.

My guess and I know I am way off but I can Dream can't I...

Magic goes to Baltimore and Galveston gets the Pride...

I know the Baltimore cruises have been doing really well and a ship as large as the Magic would handle the Atlantic well in the winter months...

The 2 Dream cruises that went out of NY sold out pretty quickly and were priced pretty high...I don't think they will put a ship in NY year round, but you never know...:rolleyes:

I know the Baltimore cruises have been doing really well and a ship as large as the Magic would handle the Atlantic well in the winter months...

YES!! I like that idea!! Baltimore is "supposedly" going to get a 2nd CCL ship so maybe the Pride stays???

Florida has too many ships already.

Very true. But Florida also has the infrastructure and attractions to draw the crowds that fills up ships week after week.

Galveston sails full every sailing

So does every other ship out of every other port...

The city (Galveston) is a great beach spot for pre and post activities. The Texas market is very loyal to Carnival and would easily fill up 3 ships.

Although Galveston island *may* sound appealing to the local market, it isn't very attractive for those traveling from farther away and who may not be familiar with it.

That's why I think the Magic will be going to a higher profile city. One which is a bigger attraction than Galveston, and which has the potential of attracting more passengers willing to fly in from all over the country (and points beyond) for their cruise.

Miami, Port Canaveral (for Orlando), New York and (YES) New Orleans seem like better suited options.

The 2 Dream cruises that went out of NY sold out pretty quickly and were priced pretty high...I don't think they will put a ship in NY year round, but you never know...:rolleyes:

The Magic can't fit under the bridge in Baltimore.

Archived