Carnival Dream

lillulu

Can anyone tell me if there is a forum or websight that has:

Anything and Everything you want to know about the Carnival Dream?

Like restaurants, what different types of food is offered, is sushi offered, is there things a person should seek out, something special that this ship might offer, secret doors, anything and everything that you think someone would like to know about the dream.

I'd love to know a lot more about this ship anyone else?:)

I haven't seen any forum like the one you are seeking. Most of the info comes from reviews of people sailing Dream.

There are many different venues for food. Sushi is served most nights on deck 5, I think. Some of the food locations are the grill, the Pasta bar, the Burrito bar, the deli, the Mongolian Wok, the pizza location, the buffet,as well as the main dining room(s) and the specialty restaurant.

Something to look forward to would be the show, Dancin' in the Streets. Also, the comedy shows are great.

I'm sure others have a lot of ideas for you. Enjoy!

Thanks for the response Katiel53 I appreciate it.

I've read review after review...but just not getting what I am looking for about the ship itself...(know what I mean)....not sure how else to explain it.

Guess I will just have to keep looking.

Thanks again :)

I can tell you what I remember. There are three sets of elevators. Front, back and middle of ship. We had a cove balcony (loved it so much) close to the middle elevator on level 2. When we rode the elevator up to level 5, and headed to the back of the ship, we passed the fun hub (place to use computers), then passed the coffee shop (great lattes and desserts, they open early for coffee, like 6 and the desserts are great - macadamia cookies, carrot cake, chocolate cake, chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate cups with glazed fruit, etc) and next is the sushi bar. The sushi bar is open in the afternoon. I don't remember the hours.

On level 10, the lido deck, is where the buffets are. The pasta bar is located overlooking level 10, and I think it was near the back of the boat. It's worth finding. Most people don't look up, or don't see the sign and probably miss it. Because the lido deck tables could be full and there'd be seating up there.

Also, the grill and Indian Tandoor buffet (loved the chicken here with the Tamarind sauce) is located in the very back of the boat.

One tip that worked for us was not to stay right in the middle of the ship when trying to eat. One morning we went to the back of the boat and there was not a single person back there, and they had all the same food there. But the middle of the boat had long lines. Go figure. So, we usually headed back there to avoid the big crowds.

Another thing.. on our days at sea, we got seats by the pool by about 7:30am. We never tossed our towels on the chairs to reserve them and leave. I didn't see too many people do that. And there are constant messages about that on the tv screens. But keep in mind, when getting your chairs, where the sun will be. If you grab a seat by an umbrella that has shade at 7:30a, it most likely won't around 9am and on, when it gets hot. The shade umbrellas don't move. They are the standard wooden ones with red fabric. Also, there's a channel on your tv that shows a constant live view of the main pool area.

I can tell you what I remember. There are three sets of elevators. Front, back and middle of ship. We had a cove balcony (loved it so much) close to the middle elevator on level 2. When we rode the elevator up to level 5, and headed to the back of the ship, we passed the fun hub (place to use computers), then passed the coffee shop (great lattes and desserts, they open early for coffee, like 6 and the desserts are great - macadamia cookies, carrot cake, chocolate cake, chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate cups with glazed fruit, etc) and next is the sushi bar. The sushi bar is open in the afternoon. I don't remember the hours.

On level 10, the lido deck, is where the buffets are. The pasta bar is located overlooking level 10, and I think it was near the back of the boat. It's worth finding. Most people don't look up, or don't see the sign and probably miss it. Because the lido deck tables could be full and there'd be seating up there.

Also, the grill and Indian Tandoor buffet (loved the chicken here with the Tamarind sauce) is located in the very back of the boat.

One tip that worked for us was not to stay right in the middle of the ship when trying to eat. One morning we went to the back of the boat and there was not a single person back there, and they had all the same food there. But the middle of the boat had long lines. Go figure. So, we usually headed back there to avoid the big crowds.

Another thing.. on our days at sea, we got seats by the pool by about 7:30am. We never tossed our towels on the chairs to reserve them and leave. I didn't see too many people do that. And there are constant messages about that on the tv screens. But keep in mind, when getting your chairs, where the sun will be. If you grab a seat by an umbrella that has shade at 7:30a, it most likely won't around 9am and on, when it gets hot. The shade umbrellas don't move. They are the standard wooden ones with red fabric. Also, there's a channel on your tv that shows a constant live view of the main pool area.

Nice summary...Sushi is open at 5:30P, but on sea days they have salads there. Also on Sea Days on the Lanai deck (outside Promenade) between the piano bar and Ocean view lounge (starboard side-right side facing forward) the have a BBQ at lunch time--chicken quesadillas, soft tacos, hotdogs, sliders.

But most of the menus and food choices are very similar to other Carnival ships. The "Supper Club" on the Dream is called the Great Art Steakhouse. It's on Deck 12, aft (above the Sunset pool). You need reservations, which to get better times you need to make in advance of your cruise--2nd elegant night is a good time if you're packing light, since you have be get dressed up anyway. Food is excellent, it's $30 pp additional charge to your S&S.

Batch 5's site link has good stats details and where a lot of activities take place. But times and locations can be changed cruise to cruise so even looking at scanned Fun Times can be misleading.

There's lots of information on these boards on the Cloud 9 Spa area. Gym opens at 6, but some folks sneak in earlier. Gym equipment is relatively new. Weight machines, eliptical trainers, treadmeills and a matted are with dumbbells for free weights. Aerobic rooms are up on Deck 13, access through the spa. There are men's and women's locker rooms across from the gym and you do not need spa access to use. Good showers (including one for handicap), saunas and a coed steam room. Spa Access also gets you to a separate set of men's and women's locker rooms and showers. I personally prefer either of these to the standard room showers on any ship.

Secret door to forward part of ship just above the bridge (Deck 11-Panorama) is on the port side (left side facing forward). Go all the way down the state room aisle (passageway), turn right then left and go through 2 sets of doors. There's the same setup starboard but that door is a hatched door and is often tied down. Great place to watch coming into port. But is typically very windy, as ship generates wind when moving. The stairs and elevators to the spa and Serenity decks are in this part of Deck 11 between the two secret door passageways.

Hope this answers some of your questions. But as katiel53 said, most of your "Inside" information on the Dream (and on any crusie ship) is going to come from people's reviews.

Nice summary...Sushi is open at 5:30P, but on sea days they have salads there. Also on Sea Days on the Lanai deck (outside Promenade) between the piano bar and Ocean view lounge (starboard side-right side facing forward) the have a BBQ at lunch time--chicken quesadillas, soft tacos, hotdogs, sliders.

But most of the menus and food choices are very similar to other Carnival ships. The "Supper Club" on the Dream is called the Great Art Steakhouse. It's on Deck 12, aft (above the Sunset pool). You need reservations, which to get better times you need to make in advance of your cruise--2nd elegant night is a good time if you're packing light, since you have be get dressed up anyway. Food is excellent, it's $30 pp additional charge to your S&S.

Batch 5's site link has good stats details and where a lot of activities take place. But times and locations can be changed cruise to cruise so even looking at scanned Fun Times can be misleading.

There's lots of information on these boards on the Cloud 9 Spa area. Gym opens at 6, but some folks sneak in earlier. Gym equipment is relatively new. Weight machines, eliptical trainers, treadmeills and a matted are with dumbbells for free weights. Aerobic rooms are up on Deck 13, access through the spa. There are men's and women's locker rooms across from the gym and you do not need spa access to use. Good showers (including one for handicap), saunas and a coed steam room. Spa Access also gets you to a separate set of men's and women's locker rooms and showers. I personally prefer either of these to the standard room showers on any ship.

Secret door to forward part of ship just above the bridge (Deck 11-Panorama) is on the port side (left side facing forward). Go all the way down the state room aisle (passageway), turn right then left and go through 2 sets of doors. There's the same setup starboard but that door is a hatched door and is often tied down. Great place to watch coming into port. But is typically very windy, as ship generates wind when moving. The stairs and elevators to the spa and Serenity decks are in this part of Deck 11 between the two secret door passageways.

Hope this answers some of your questions. But as katiel53 said, most of your "Inside" information on the Dream (and on any crusie ship) is going to come from people's reviews.

My husband liked the BBQ. And he used the gym and liked it too. I really thought there would be a step class. There are spin classes and yoga, but no step. Makes no sense to me. Not nearly as many people spin, and yoga is not as common either. It would have been great to have a step class on a deck somewhere early in the morning. I really could have used it to battle the buffet bulge.

As it was, I ran one morning but I'm not a runner. I packed on 5 lbs. and that's not a big deal. But when I came home and went to my first cardio class, I thought I was going to die. Had to leave and put my head between my knees. Felt like I had cheeseburgers in my veins. Only today, after my 3rd cardio class after returning and eating normal, did I feel comfortable getting back into boot camp.

I can't imagine eating like that all the time. Wonder if that's how some folks wind up weighing near a ton. But I loved it while I was on the boat.

Feel free to just ask the specific questions that you want answered...seems a lot of the food questions have been answered. We have sailed her twice so I can try to help you as much as I can...

My husband liked the BBQ. And he used the gym and liked it too. I really thought there would be a step class. There are spin classes and yoga, but no step. Makes no sense to me. Not nearly as many people spin, and yoga is not as common either. It would have been great to have a step class on a deck somewhere early in the morning. I really could have used it to battle the buffet bulge.

As it was, I ran one morning but I'm not a runner. I packed on 5 lbs. and that's not a big deal. But when I came home and went to my first cardio class, I thought I was going to die. Had to leave and put my head between my knees. Felt like I had cheeseburgers in my veins. Only today, after my 3rd cardio class after returning and eating normal, did I feel comfortable getting back into boot camp.

I can't imagine eating like that all the time. Wonder if that's how some folks wind up weighing near a ton. But I loved it while I was on the boat.

with the rolling, which you can feel on the treadmills and elipticals, I can see why there's no step classes. There is a pilates class and a "bootcamp" which my SIL enjoyed, but it was late in the day. I hear you on getting back into it. I did a reasonably moderate 10K on the erg when I got back, but my Memorial Day row in the double was a real challenge, the boat just wouldn't go.

Could anyone who has been in a cove balcony tell me if they are enclosed or open to fresh air. It seems kind of confusing. Also did there seem to be long lines at the lunch buffet, like cafeteria style??

Thanks.

Could anyone who has been in a cove balcony tell me if they are enclosed or open to fresh air. It seems kind of confusing. Also did there seem to be long lines at the lunch buffet, like cafeteria style??

Thanks.

there are pictures around of them, but think one big oval porthole that's been cut into the side of the ship. The "hole" is open.

Yes there can be lines at the buffets at peak hours. But you won't be waiting that long for food except for the burrito bar and mongolian grill where the food is made to order. To some degree the deli can also get backed up, same reason. And even there it's nothing like waiting 45 minutes ot an hour for a burger at Shake Shack in NYC. Don't go when they first open, or choose one of the other selections. The second set of buffet toward the aft of the ship is often less crowded. Tandoori Grill has little or no waiting. Pasta bar is usually quick earlier in the cruise until people realize where it is. Or grab a burger/hot dog. Lanai deck BBQ can get lines but again, by 12:15 or so they have disappeared.

Hope someone comes up with a picture of the cove balcony for you.

Thanks.

One the side of your bed, there is a floor to ceiling window. At one end towards the foot of the bed, is a heavy glass door that leads to the balcony. You step out and there are 2 chairs and a small table out there. There's a wood rail for you to lean on while looking out over the water. The crew has a way to close off the balcony or your access to the balcony, if the weather was too rough. You will really be high enough off the water that I think the chances of that happening would be slim.

there are pictures around of them, but think one big oval porthole that's been cut into the side of the ship. The "hole" is open.

Yes there can be lines at the buffets at peak hours. But you won't be waiting that long for food except for the burrito bar and mongolian grill where the food is made to order. To some degree the deli can also get backed up, same reason. And even there it's nothing like waiting 45 minutes ot an hour for a burger at Shake Shack in NYC. Don't go when they first open, or choose one of the other selections. The second set of buffet toward the aft of the ship is often less crowded. Tandoori Grill has little or no waiting. Pasta bar is usually quick earlier in the cruise until people realize where it is. Or grab a burger/hot dog. Lanai deck BBQ can get lines but again, by 12:15 or so they have disappeared.

Hope someone comes up with a picture of the cove balcony for you.

I had a cove balcony and it was awesome.

IMGP1959.jpg.c5a1fe3da1c004d6491a6e20aba69cd0.jpg

IMGP1932.jpg.958a32f1901c5e13320a4e0af62c83ef.jpg

Archived