Breakfast in the MDR

Yes, you can. You will be seated at a table possibly with other passengers and order off the menu. I do not like to sit with strangers first thing in the morning as I am a grump before coffee so I always ask to sit alone.

The MDR is great on sea days, with sometimes a better selection, along with all the usual items found on the buffet, but much more relaxed. On port days, we eat in the buffet, where we can load up, in case we skip lunch, plus we want to get going fast.

Mostly, it's the same food, just a different atmosphere.

The MDR is great on sea days, with sometimes a better selection, along with all the usual items found on the buffet, but much more relaxed. On port days, we eat in the buffet, where we can load up, in case we skip lunch, plus we want to get going fast.

Mostly, it's the same food, just a different atmosphere.

Agreeds, we love to eat in the MDR on sea days and typically the buffett on days we are getting off the boat, more of a relaxed feel in the MDR for breakfast, little more rushed in the buffett. Just my personal opinion.

There is almost anything you want available in the dining room...and it's SOOOOO much nicer than the buffet!

If you want, you can "mix and match" entrees....like I enjoy French toast AND eggs/bacon.....that's not listed together, but you can order both.

Everything you need is on the table...jams, syrups, butter...no searching for them (like in WJ) while your food is getting cold! Everything is served to you, on tablecloths...it's nice. And, it really doesn't take longer than the buffet...by the time you make your selections, find a table, find the condiments, get your coffee, juice, etc.....in the dining room, you'll already have your food!

In the past, I have always enjoyed breakfast in the MDR, but on our last cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas to the Med in May, we were terribly rushed in the MDR at breakfast time. There was a definite effort on the part of the servers to get us in and out of there VERY quickly. So much so, that I don't think I would be bothered about having breakfast there again. That is probably the point of the whole thing, but don't know why.

Many thanks for the replies , its good to know that we have the option to sit and be waited on if we dont feel up to the hustle and bustle of the buffet breakfast first thing in the morning , i take it that breakfast can be over quickly if you choose the Winjammer where its a lot slower in the MDR , does the MDR open for breakfast the same time as the Winjammer ?

When we sailed Mariner in Feb, my adult children would only eat breakfast in the MDR so they could order eggs benedict -not available in the Windjammer.

It is a relaxed and wonderful way to start the day.

I'd heard Eggs Benedict left the MDR in March. Thank heaven they still had them when we were aboard. Don't let my kids find out, no telling what they'd do. Actually since I have 5 adult children who ordered them every morning, they simply ran out!;)

I really hope they bring them back!! They did them nicely too.

The smoked salmon (lox) and bagel plate will keep me happy in the absence of eggs benedict. RCCL buys a really nice brand, better than anything I can find at home. YUM!

I'd heard Eggs Benedict left the MDR in March. Thank heaven they still had them when we were aboard. Don't let my kids find out, no telling what they'd do. Actually since I have 5 adult children who ordered them every morning, they simply ran out!;)

I really hope they bring them back!! They did them nicely too.

The smoked salmon (lox) and bagel plate will keep me happy in the absence of eggs benedict. RCCL buys a really nice brand, better than anything I can find at home. YUM!

I'm just off Indy and loved breakfast in the MDR. Egg benedict is available everyday except disembarkation day so don't worry about it not appearing on the menu. I had it during our 3 day cruise. I was very impressed with the MDR breakfast as the menu was available or you could go to the buffet set up in the middle of the dining room (or do both) This means if you are in a hurry you can still eat in the beautiful MDR. On the last morning I realised I hadn't had the smoked salmon but fancied the oriental scrambled eggs so I had the salmon as a starter, perfect!

I'm just off Indy and loved breakfast in the MDR. Egg benedict is available everyday except disembarkation day so don't worry about it not appearing on the menu. I had it during our 3 day cruise. I was very impressed with the MDR breakfast as the menu was available or you could go to the buffet set up in the middle of the dining room (or do both) This means if you are in a hurry you can still eat in the beautiful MDR. On the last morning I realised I hadn't had the smoked salmon but fancied the oriental scrambled eggs so I had the salmon as a starter, perfect!

Good to know that they do both menu and buffet in the MDR , definately looks the way to go for breakfast , i'm too grumpy in the mornings to be hassled in finding a table :D

I love breakfast in the main dining room. Every morning they have a special for the day. Loved the almond encrusted french toast & the chocolate chip french toast. My fellow tablemates were jealous when they sae my meal arrive.

I am beginning to wonder why people eat in the Winjammer for breakfast if the MDR is so good , do you think people dont realise the MDR is open for breakfast ?

People have very different opinions when it comes to the Windjammer and the MDR. I do not like the MDR for breakfast. We find the service very slow and the food not very hot. We prefer the Windjammer so we can have a made to order, hot omelet and don't have to wait forever for it.

I would suggest you try both and make your own choice.

for the most part, I eat my breakfast meal in the buffet area.. although I have eaten it in the MDR which is nice to sit down, have the food brought to you.. its a nice treat.

as for eating in there on the last morning, there is a slight sense of being rushed, I suspect the wait staff are pressured.. I feel sorry for them in a way.. although personally, I dont like being pressured either..

on my cruise on the Majesty of the Seas, my friend and I ate breakfast in the MDR, were seated with people we didnt know... service was very quick.. I suppose there was a sense of being rushed in and out but it wasnt so bad

on the second cruise I got smart and ordered room service... was VERY prompt so we were able to sit and enjoy our pastries, toast, fruit and coffee and finish up our last minute stuff..

Archived