Question about Last Minute Cruises

My wife and I are getting ready for our Summer Break and have often wondered how some people get calls from the cruiselines for last minute cruises (i.e., get a call on a Tuesday/Wednesday, on board on Friday). Any answers would be great!

My wife and I are getting ready for our Summer Break and have often wondered how some people get calls from the cruiselines for last minute cruises (i.e., get a call on a Tuesday/Wednesday, on board on Friday). Any answers would be great!

The only calls I can think of are Diamond Plus members receiving calls about upgrades available just before sailing.

It's pretty much a self-service thing now: go online, find the cruise you want, and either call your TA or call RCCL directly.

Last minute doesn't necessarily mean cheap, either. If a ship is near capacity, I have seen prices go UP in the 30 days prior to sailing, especially during the summer.

Check this link weekly on Fri-Sun, as it has the weekly specials for new bookings:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/RCI_Sales_Event/rci_sales_event.pdf

The closer you are to sail date, the poorer your choice of cabins are, too.

I have NEVER sailed on NCL. Yet, I've gotten 2 calls from them last week for $299 specials for yesterdays sailings.:confused:

I've never received calls from any of the cruise lines that I have sailed on.

In the summer, we have booked a few days before a ship leaves and have not paid very much at all. We really don't care where the cabin is or it's category (or most of the time, where the ship is going), as we just use it to sleep and shower. I guess we'll ask someone on board our next cruise how they got a last minute call, if we run in to anyone else. (Hope this make sense, as I am starting to get a migraine)

You need to sign up on websites that offer last minute cruise deals and you will get daily/weekly emails with all the great offers. If you are able to pick up and go on short notice, you can really get some good deals. Only downside is the cabin selection is not the best.

The websites list cruises a few months to a couple of weeks out for last-minute deals.

To me last-minute does indeed mean calling a couple days before the cruise. If they have unsold inventory at that time they may indeed let it go for a cheap price as they have nothing to lose.

Usually though the deals are not at your nearby location. You have to fly somewhere and pay high last-minute airfares.

here's some screamin deals...

June 20th Holland America Anchorage to Vancouver Alaska cruise for $299 pp (inside)

Princess has the very same itinerary leaving this Saturday for $349 pp

Archived