Who else doesn't want to cook anymore?

Look2Sea

Until recently I enjoyed planning and cooking meals.

But now in my late 50's, I am not motivated to grocery shop or cook.

Maybe the possible reasons are:

Food doesn't seem to taste as good as it used to.

Recent kitchen remodel (new countertop and sink) did not turn out to my liking.

I don't mind cooking....mostly, I enjoy it, but there are times when I just don't feel like it....

I'm not sure age has anything to do with it....if it was your lack of taste sensation, you wouldn't want to eat food from anywhere.

Go out to dinner! That's what I do when I simply can't face another pan!

Thanks for the encouragement and suggestions :)

They really hit the spot.

Coincidentally, this Friday 6/11 is my last day of work.

Don't know if it will permanent retirement but at least a much needed break.

I think "not working" will help.

• time to put more thought into meal planning and grocery shopping
  • shop when stores are not so crowded
  • Go out to dinner to celebrate!
  • Go on a cruise

If this doesn't work, then it might be my taste buds.

Fortunately, my husband is a fantastic healthful, whole foods cook and makes wonderful meals. He makes his own bagels and they beat by a mile any bagel available where I live. I generally do more of the food shopping and most of the clean-up, a division of labor with which I am thoroughly happy.

Fortunately, my husband is a fantastic healthful, whole foods cook and makes wonderful meals. He makes his own bagels and they beat by a mile any bagel available where I live. I generally do more of the food shopping and most of the clean-up, a division of labor with which I am thoroughly happy.

We have the division of labor in our house as well. I cook, and if I ask really nicely, DH will help clean up. Otherwise, the dishes set in the sink until the next night, when I tell DH he can clean up while I cook! :)

Sorry, I love to cook and I love food shopping at Whole Foods Market. I tend to become easily bored with food and need variety. Prior to cooking I'll have several cookbooks and /or computer printouts on the countertop. Nothing comes out the same because recipes become math projects...take from here, add to there, divide this and multiply that.

Sorry, I love to cook and I love food shopping at Whole Foods Market. I tend to become easily bored with food and need variety. Prior to cooking I'll have several cookbooks and /or computer printouts on the countertop. Nothing comes out the same because recipes become math projects...take from here, add to there, divide this and multiply that.

That is often how I cook. I will see something that looks good on a cooking show, or recipe, and I will use it as a guide, but I always change things. Some of my best meals have come out of this technique.

Archived