What does this mean?

bleuiz

I still don't get the designations.....we are booked on The Glory for a trip to Canada....we booked an 8B....the TA just emailed us that Carnival changed us to an 8D...

What does that mean?? Am I happy??

:confused:

I still don't get the designations.....we are booked on The Glory for a trip to Canada....we booked an 8B....the TA just emailed us that Carnival changed us to an 8D...

What does that mean?? Am I happy??

:confused:

Yes - you're happy. You just got a 2-category upgrade. You probably moved up a couple of floors on the ship, which is important to some folks, not so much to others. But the higher the floor, the higher the category of cabin. It's considered a more premium location to be higher up. But as previously stated, the cabins themselves are identical. Just your location has changed.

They are same room differ locations...take a look on here..find the 2 differ cabins and see if you like. but they are the same size and layout..

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=GL

Thanks....but before I even checked your response...I checked the floor plan....we are under the Lido deck....under a pool/bar/band....

I don't think I am happy.....I just emailed my TA.....

Yes - you're happy. You just got a 2-category upgrade. You probably moved up a couple of floors on the ship, which is important to some folks, not so much to others. But the higher the floor, the higher the category of cabin. It's considered a more premium location to be higher up. But as previously stated, the cabins themselves are identical. Just your location has changed.

Thanks...but it under the Lido deck....band/pool....I emailed my TA....we were once OVER a band and it was horrid.....

we have been under the Lido deck...never had any noise except the occasional lounge chair being moved in the day time. we aren't in the room much in the daytime so it really wasn't an issue! good luck!

Beverly

Higher is not always better

I'm not sure if I would consider it an upgrade. It would all depend on the exact location of the cabin. If you are on deck 8, Verandah, your cabin may be directly under the Lido deck and you will hear the chairs scraping overhead, people walking and running, etc. If your cabin is nearer the bow and between 2 decks of cabins it could be OK, as long as you are alright with more ship movement.

I'm not sure if I would consider it an upgrade. It would all depend on the exact location of the cabin. If you are on deck 8, Verandah, your cabin may be directly under the Lido deck and you will hear the chairs scraping overhead, people walking and running, etc. If your cabin is nearer the bow and between 2 decks of cabins it could be OK, as long as you are alright with more ship movement.

Having learned our lesson by a very noisey cruise....we now pick, with the TA...our cabin.....now we are under the Lido deck....can we refuse the upgrade??

I would definitely let them know you are not happy. I would demand my cabin back. If you do not get it back, do not book with them again. I would not like it if someone changed my cabin that I had hand picked without my consent.

Good Luck. Let us know how it goes.

Having learned our lesson by a very noisey cruise....we now pick, with the TA...our cabin.....now we are under the Lido deck....can we refuse the upgrade??

I would certainly try to change the cabin. I would hope you can refuse it; are you booked GTY?

If it under the main pool middeck ..Id call and tell the TA to refuse it...if its not under the main pool you are probably ok.

I would certainly try to change the cabin. I would hope you can refuse it; are you booked GTY?

If GTY is where they pick the cabin....NO (that is how I got stuck before)

I know we are booked ES....we picked the cabin....

The TA got a notice that Carnival moved us.....

By looking at available cabins, I see there are several which are 8D and in slightly better locations. You could request one nearer the front elevator, which is a good location, such as 8259, 8260, 8261, 8262, 8263. These are between decks of cabins. As you have a cabin number, you should be able to change to another within the same category without a problem.

If it under the main pool middeck ..Id call and tell the TA to refuse it...if its not under the main pool you are probably ok.

Under the pool....by the Turquiose Bar....should we try to change it?

I would change it. They other 8D's that Montekat mentioned would be great. i had one in that location before and loved it. Very easy walk to the elevators and only one quick flight up the stairs to the lido deck.

By looking at available cabins, I see there are several which are 8D and in slightly better locations. You could request one nearer the front elevator, which is a good location, such as 8259, 8260, 8261, 8262, 8263. These are between decks of cabins. As you have a cabin number, you should be able to change to another within the same category without a problem.

I actually c/p this and sent it to my TA

Thanks...

Under the pool....by the Turquiose Bar....should we try to change it?

YES. The last person stuck with under the pool I read swore off of guarantees, and said from now on he is picking his own cabin. About 3 am they move the lounge chairs over the wooden planks for hours to clean the wooden deck.

Uncarpeted wooden floor ..= you dont want to be under it.

I was the victim of one of these "great upgrades" as a PVP called it on Carnival Liberty. Boy did I regret that!

My room was right underneath the sliding glass door to the Lido buffet. I never knew how many people went in and out of those doors during a one week cruise! Also all day and night deck chairs or other types of chairs were being banged and dragged across the deck.

I hope you get this fixed and fast!

Some people claim they never hear a thing and some even suggested that I should just wear ear plugs! Absurd. I refuse to wear ear plugs just to lay in my bed and watch tv or take a nap during the day.

First off....thank you everyone for the replies!!

I sent this entire post to my TA and spoke with her this morning.....she contacted Carnival....it appears that my first room....that we had picked...was a triple and they needed it....the reason for the 'upgrade'.....

She was able to get me one of the rooms above!! So we are between cabins which is grand!!

Again...thank you

:D

I was the victim of one of these "great upgrades" as a PVP called it on Carnival Liberty. Boy did I regret that!

My room was right underneath the sliding glass door to the Lido buffet. I never knew how many people went in and out of those doors during a one week cruise! Also all day and night deck chairs or other types of chairs were being banged and dragged across the deck.

I hope you get this fixed and fast!

Some people claim they never hear a thing and some even suggested that I should just wear ear plugs! Absurd. I refuse to wear ear plugs just to lay in my bed and watch tv or take a nap during the day.

The last time we had a GTY....we ended up above a lounge.....the last thing I took before we left our home, was a few sets of earplugs (hubby does snore...) Thank G-d I brought them.....it was the only thing I was able to use to get to sleep.....

I am not recommending anyone do that in order to deal with your room....I would never take that as an alternative to a quiet room....just 'be prepared...'

If GTY is where they pick the cabin....NO (that is how I got stuck before)

I know we are booked ES....we picked the cabin....

The TA got a notice that Carnival moved us.....

Our first and second cruise, we had a TA (group rates-great deal through our union) After the "great deal" and picking our cabin, we got upgraded like you and we were thrilled. On the ship we were on the 10 deck with the splashdown pool right outside the heavy door leading to the cabins. That door slammed all day and we were on a short hallway that lead to the forward elevators. Needless to say, it was like camping next to the thruway. We also found out that fare reductions were not passed on to us but "absorbed by the TA" The 3rd cruise we got a PVP and booked direct with Carnival. We pick our aft cabin and keep it. Since aft cabins are popular, every cruise we get polled to see if we want a suite, spa balcony etc - the answer is always no and we have no "middleman TA" so we keep our cabin and often get OBC through early saver. Often what "looks like" a great upgrade is merely an upgrade to the cabin that seasoned cruisers refuse to book - seriously, this late in the game why would a prime cabin be still unbooked?

First off....thank you everyone for the replies!!

I sent this entire post to my TA and spoke with her this morning.....she contacted Carnival....it appears that my first room....that we had picked...was a triple and they needed it....the reason for the 'upgrade'.....

She was able to get me one of the rooms above!! So we are between cabins which is grand!!

Again...thank you

:D

So glad it worked out for you. You gotta love Cruise Critic--just ask and someone will be able to help. I had a cabin under the Lido deck before and never again. That was a GTY with a group, but I have since learned better! Carnival still should have contacted your TA first to give you a choice of cabins if they needed your triple.

Archived