Barcelona disembarkation questions

Infi

We will be disembarking in Barcelona next month at Terminal D. I understand there are shuttles inside the port. Do they take you to the foot of Las Ramblas, or just within the port?

For those who have disembarked there recently, can you comment on the taxi situation after disembarking? Are they readily available? Vans or taxis? What can I expect to pay to get from the port to the Plaza Catalunya area? We plan to disembark as late as possible (I've read about 9 or 9:30 is the latest), so hopefully we can avoid lines, but want to make sure taxis will still be available at that time. Thanks in advance.

The port shuttles did not operate the day that we were in Barcelona. There was a long que for taxis but it went really fast, less than 10 minutes, picking up our case, walking out, getting in the que. Cost of taxi was 12 euros, understand it depends of the time of day, the day of the week and the weather. We had two cases are were two people. The taxis are smaller, three people at most and four cases. Very easy to go. Write where you want to go on a paper, the driver will understand, easier. Enyjoy your holiday.

On our disembarkaktion like the other poster said we saw a long line of taxis from 7am till when we left at 11am. It was ~ 30 euros for 4 people plus our luggage. I think for what worked out to 8 euros/person to get dropped right at our hotel it was well worth not dealing with a big bus ;)

We will be disembarking in Barcelona next month at Terminal D. I understand there are shuttles inside the port. Do they take you to the foot of Las Ramblas, or just within the port?

For those who have disembarked there recently, can you comment on the taxi situation after disembarking? Are they readily available? Vans or taxis? What can I expect to pay to get from the port to the Plaza Catalunya area? We plan to disembark as late as possible (I've read about 9 or 9:30 is the latest), so hopefully we can avoid lines, but want to make sure taxis will still be available at that time. Thanks in advance.

Thanks, chipmaster and bcnvcanada. I was concerned I'd have to arrange transportation ahead of time, but it sounds like taxis are plentiful. Thanks again.

Just returned yesterday. Took a taxi - LOTS available at the port - to the hotel. We had 6 people, so we split 3 in one and 3 in the other. The cost was 27 Euro plus tip for each taxi.

The meter read half that price, then the driver pressed all these buttons and the price doubled. Not sure what that was all about. He spoke NO English, so I could not ask him to explain. I knew ahead that it would be about 25 Euros.

Just returned yesterday. Took a taxi - LOTS available at the port - to the hotel. We had 6 people, so we split 3 in one and 3 in the other. The cost was 27 Euro plus tip for each taxi.

The meter read half that price, then the driver pressed all these buttons and the price doubled. Not sure what that was all about. He spoke NO English, so I could not ask him to explain. I knew ahead that it would be about 25 Euros.

Each button represents a bag that is stowed in the trunk. It's a legal surcharge:o.

Each button represents a bag that is stowed in the trunk. It's a legal surcharge:o.

I knew there was a 1 Euro charge for each bag - we had 3 bags in the trunk. The total on the left display was one price and the display on the right side (after he pressed that button several times) was DOUBLE, not just 3 more Euros.

• 2 weeks later...

We stepped off the cruise ship, picked our luggage up immediately because they were color coded in a very large long room, walked out the door and a taxi was waiting. Had no waiting line, but it was in Nov. Was at the airport in 20 minutes. Was afraid we couldn't make our 11 flight to JFK, but were at the airport by 8:15 am. After at least 15 cruises, the method of departure/picking up luggage in Barcelona was the best and quickest. Barbara

We stepped off the cruise ship, picked our luggage up immediately because they were color coded in a very large long room, walked out the door and a taxi was waiting. Had no waiting line, but it was in Nov. Was at the airport in 20 minutes. Was afraid we couldn't make our 11 flight to JFK, but were at the airport by 8:15 am. After at least 15 cruises, the method of departure/picking up luggage in Barcelona was the best and quickest. Barbara

I know this question was not asked but regarding Barbara's last sentence, may I go on record as adding, "Barcelona was also the fastest embarkation I ever encountered also". Dropped off at the port, got luggage tags, checked in and took escalator to the top and walked right onto ship. Wished all ports were this simple.

The same happened to us in Venice. We got off at 8:00 and were at the sirport at something like 8:25 for an 11:30 flight.

Kirk

Does anyone know of any group that would are able to provide transfers from the boat to the aiport in advance? We tried to book through the cruise but it was already filled up. I'm just nervous because our flight leaves at 11 am. Any suggestions would really help, thanks!

Does anyone know of any group that would are able to provide transfers from the boat to the aiport in advance? We tried to book through the cruise but it was already filled up. I'm just nervous because our flight leaves at 11 am. Any suggestions would really help, thanks!

Why don't you consider hiring a private transfer? There are tons of companies that would pick you up at the port and get you to the airport. Very likely you will get a taxi without problems but it would also make sense to reserve a private transfer if that would make you feel more comfortable. We got off Brilliance this past Sunday at 810am. After we got the luggage, we noticed there was a line for the taxi. It turned out we did wait for about 20 minutes before we could get in one. So the taxi situation could vary from day to day, since many have commented that there is no line when they tried to get a taxi. Have you considered self disembark? That way you could get off the earliest, but you'll need to haul your own luggage off the ship.

So should we expect to pay 27 euros or closer to 12 euros for a taxi from the port to placa catalunya?

More like 27 to the airport, but probably no more than 12 to the Catalunya area - it is not that far.

We have been looking into having arranged transportation pick us up at the port and doing a walk off disembarkation. Probably do the same when we arrive in Barcelona for our cruise, no doubt we will be tired from our overnight flight.

Hi, we got off the Westerdam on May 28. We got off the ship abut 7:15 a.m., got our luggage and walked right up to a taxi - this all took about 20 minutes. We were headed to the airport and it cost us 40 euro....soooo easy! We love disembarking in Barcelona...good luck!

Any suggestions on a private transport company?

I have heard about www.autosvilar.com . I have never used them but have read about them. I am considering using them as I'm staying an extra day in Barcelona and will need transport to the airport for my Aunt and I. I have no idea what the cost is but from what I read, the poster was very happy with their service.

Hope this helps.

Kathy

Archived