Princess Spring 2012 Caribbean Cruise

M&MCruisin

oooooohhhh! I want to try the Epic! I love NCL too...it a totally different experience. I have another NCL cruise booked next April. Im also trying RCL for the first time in August....just a 3 day. I cant image not liking them all! NCL prices are normally really good, but I bet its cause its a new ship. We went on the Pearl when it first came out and it was pricey, then we went on the Pearl again last year and it was alot cheaper. Its new and shiney! LOL!

We have only been on 2 NCL cruises. We have crusied mostly on RCL and are Diamond members and can now get $225 off a balcony and they also give a complimentary cocktail hour nightly. Sometimes it is hard for another line to compare once we factor those items into the mix.

I have also looked into the Epic. I was hoping for an additional island. 3 is a little short on beach time for me.

It seems to me that cruise lines are gearing more to less stops and keeping everyone onboard. We were on the Oasis i May and they have only 3 stops as well.

It seems to me that cruise lines are gearing more to less stops and keeping everyone onboard. We were on the Oasis i May and they have only 3 stops as well.

I have also looked into the Epic. I was hoping for an additional island. 3 is a little short on beach time for me.

Ya know...I think you are right...keeping people onboard, they get them to spend more money onboard. But my hubby had a good point the other day....this particular cruise to Aruba and Curaco will use more fuel, so that might be the reason for increased fares.

I love sea days. So relaxing and for me, I end up spending less money onboard then I do on the islands, so I save!

I checked the early launch/past passenger fares... They are $100.00 per person... The new combined Southern/Western Caribbean for us next year... No mini-suite, of course, but a balcony... The new itineraries are fantastic!

That's great!! When we log on it is only giving us $50 off per person

Ya know...I think you are right...keeping people onboard, they get them to spend more money onboard. But my hubby had a good point the other day....this particular cruise to Aruba and Curaco will use more fuel, so that might be the reason for increased fares.

I love sea days. So relaxing and for me, I end up spending less money onboard then I do on the islands, so I save!

My husband also mentioned that about the ship using more fuel. Thinking now of maybe trying an obstructed oceanview instead of a balcony. We really like this itinerary.:rolleyes::confused: Or we could just wait to see if prices drop but I am not too good at that. It is so far out that we could get one of the not so obstructed obstructed cabins!!:p

My husband also mentioned that about the ship using more fuel. Thinking now of maybe trying an obstructed oceanview instead of a balcony. We really like this itinerary.:rolleyes::confused: Or we could just wait to see if prices drop but I am not too good at that. It is so far out that we could get one of the not so obstructed obstructed cabins!!:p

the great thing is that if you book and the price drops, you can always get the reduced fare if you contact them. Thats why i dont mind booking far in advance...i get my pick of cabins and still get good rates!

I still want to book this...just havent yet. might just have to do it. Although, will all that is going on in Aruba...do I really want to go there now?

I should not have read this thread. DH and I loved the s. caribbean, but wanted to go out of FLL and not do the 10 day.

Now if only to convince him to do this instead of Alaska in 2012.

This one is perfect then, 7 days instead of 10. Decisions Decisions:p

We just booked this for President's week 2012. It is a perfect itinerary for us to relax and just have 2 islands and 3 sea days plus Princess Cays. We love Aruba and have never been to Curacao. With kids in school and everything that week booking up very quickly since it is a vacation week for schools on the East Coast (and other parts of the country), I put the hold from now and I got the coveted E731 mini-suite with the extended balcony. Will watch for discounts!!!!!!

I KNOW!!! I just booked a 10-day S. Caribbean for next March because I never thought they would have a 7-day. I'm not complaining though, since I will probably do this 7-day as well in the future. I love the sea days too.

Hi Mary - why don't we have a Girls Cruise in Spring 2012?? Cathryn

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='M&MCruisin']oooooohhhh! I want to try the Epic! I love NCL too...it a totally different experience. I have another NCL cruise booked next April. Im also trying RCL for the first time in August....just a 3 day. I cant image not liking them all! NCL prices are normally really good, but I bet its cause its a new ship. We went on the Pearl when it first came out and it was pricey, then we went on the Pearl again last year and it was alot cheaper. Its new and shiney! LOL![/quote]

Well I know that the Epic has just barely started but reviews are not very good. Crossing that one off the list for now.

[quote name='M&MCruisin']Everyone is booking this...what am I waiting for?????? Oh the pressure!! :D[/quote]

We have not yet booked anything. I am hoping prices will come down. I think we will put an oceanview obstructed on hold for now and take a wait and see attitude. Like I think I said above the price difference between that and a balcony for the moment is too much for us.

Archived